Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Fat loss while building muscle

- Wed, 15 Feb 2017 10:11:21 EST 6KAeSp9W No.93924
File: 12.jpg -(80085B / 78.21KB, 666x69) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Fat loss while building muscle
Now I know it's pretty fucking hard to do but I see it happen. I'm not trying to lose much fat at all so I know this won't be difficult. It's just that I have abs barely visible at this point and want them to pop a bit more. I mean I can literally pull down a bit of fat and see most of the definition in them.

How do I lose that tiny bit of fat covering my abs while still gaining muscle? I've looked it up and see various answers. Thanks.
>>
Lydia Gecklestock - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:27:48 EST +FUQO/LY No.93925 Reply
If you're a beginner, you'll make the noob gains and lose the fat. That is, assuming you are eating properly.
If you are well past that point, then you can only hope to preserve what you have attained by eating at a reasonable deficit.
To lose the fat and keep the muscle, I would calculate your tdee and eat around 250-500 calories below that and follow a decent strength program to keep your strength up. Reduce volume and frequency but keep intensity the same and all that.
>>
Hannah Pivingdick - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 06:34:11 EST Uo0S3mKS No.93928 Reply
Yeah I was wondering something along these lines too. I started working out to lose around 5kg or so (mostly just a small gut) but I'm also doing weights 4 days a week for the past 10 weeks and have put on basically no gain due to my minimal diet.

Is it even worth it with the weights? I mean, it's exercise and gets me into a routine but am I just totally wasting my time and better off doing more intensive cardio instead for the next 6 months or so?
>>
Frederick Gondlewater - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:54:01 EST 6KAeSp9W No.93929 Reply
>>93928
You're going to be stuck in a wheel if you're not meeting caloric intake requirements to put on muscle. You're better off doing cardio if you want to lose the fat.
>>
Sidney Mackleforth - Fri, 17 Feb 2017 04:20:19 EST Uo0S3mKS No.93931 Reply
>>93929

When should you stop losing fat and start gaining? Currently I'm 70kg at 5'10 and just trying to get rid of my gut (not that big). Will that naturally burn off if I do weight training since it's very little fat or should I just focus on getting body fat way down or i'll never lose it?

I realize that's a fairly convoluted question but I'm trying to save myself a lot of wasted time and effort and just not sure.
>>
Emma Dollykock - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:08:52 EST L1txwjLH No.93933 Reply
>>93931
eat at maintenance and focus on lifting and other performance.

it will come off the less you focus on it, really.
>>
Frederick Docklefodging - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 18:23:46 EST En6Jv1G2 No.93934 Reply
1487546626348.jpg -(295348B / 288.43KB, 1280x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>93931
Depends on whether or not you're just trying to lose fat (sounds like you are) or are trying to build muscle. I didn't have visible abs at all but started doing weights and I gained muscle plus lost fat. I eat maintenance on days I don't work out and a little over days i do. I'm no fitness guru by any means but for reference about a couple months in and this is what my stomach looks like now...

Kinda depends on how much fat you have/want to lose
>>
Phoebe Woblingchork - Sat, 30 Nov 2019 20:40:41 EST gDgOOVFx No.95949 Reply
Exercise more, eat less and do it for a month before you can see a change
>>
Hugh Clenningseck - Sat, 30 Nov 2019 20:45:34 EST ZuPtAnJ7 No.95951 Reply
I stopped using drugs and have a never ending appetite now. gained 10 pounds in 10 days.

forgot how hard it was to eat at/below maintenance without drugs
>>
Nicholas Winderlere - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 15:36:06 EST p85xFx3L No.95952 Reply
>>95951
Some of that is water weight but you're probably running 2k+ surplus.

Aside from working out what you need to eat in a day and sticking to just that remove any temptation you can't resist. Only buy stuff you plan on eating. Make sure most of it isn't easy to graze and if that fails get low calorie snacks like pickled gerkins and onions so even if you eat a whole jar in 3 days it's like 100 calories. Also if you're always going to get offered cakes or snack, build those into your budget.
>>
Wesley Meddlebury - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 20:30:07 EST zUkhK9Os No.95953 Reply
Just about everything >>95952 said is pretty on the money. Also as someone who had a pretty bad habit of munching hard intermittent fasting really helped quell that for me. Mentally I found it easier to resist snacking when I set a time when I would stop eating entirely. I think it helped those munchie ideations from creeping into my thought process when I was “done” eating for the night. Yeah the first week or two is a little rough but if you stick it out it definitely gets easier. It also helped me realize when I just felt a little “peckish” and when I was really legitimately hungry
>>
Matilda Fanbury - Mon, 02 Dec 2019 06:07:57 EST 1BqEvXuJ No.95954 Reply
>>93924
I would say the basics. Exercise parts you want to have be better of in terms of their size and change your diet. There's not much to it. It's a relatively basic scenario. lol You might ask yourself a question or two. "Is discomfort all the time actually that reasonable?" And for that question I would say I suppose not. Unless you're striving for the limits of physical existence I wouldn't bother being uncomfortable all the time. You could try yourself with diet challenges, weight training, life philosophy stuff, and other habits but if you have too much that's gonna be beyond difficult. I wouldn't suggest it. Try a more handle-able approach. See what happens there. It's certainly more agreeable. I would think it's day and night to the other path. So run with that and notice the great state of your life. Not that hard. lol What do others think on this? What do you have to say about any topics that have been brought up? Based.
>>
Matilda Fanbury - Mon, 02 Dec 2019 06:08:28 EST 1BqEvXuJ No.95955 Reply
I would say the basics. Exercise parts you want to have be better of in terms of their size and change your diet. There's not much to it. It's a relatively basic scenario. lol You might ask yourself a question or two. "Is discomfort all the time actually that reasonable?" And for that question I would say I suppose not. Unless you're striving for the limits of physical existence I wouldn't bother being uncomfortable all the time. You could try yourself with diet challenges, weight training, life philosophy stuff, and other habits but if you have too much that's gonna be beyond difficult. I wouldn't suggest it. Try a more handle-able approach. See what happens there. It's certainly more agreeable. I would think it's day and night to the other path. So run with that and notice the great state of your life. Not that hard. lol What do others think on this? What do you have to say about any topics that have been brought up? Based.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.