Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

broke bitch trying escape the skinnyfat

- Sat, 29 Jul 2017 02:00:26 EST ulkV8gHl No.94328
File: 1501308026223.jpg -(108717B / 106.17KB, 1080x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. broke bitch trying escape the skinnyfat
I must preface all that I say by emphasizing how broke I am. I'm working on getting a job and car and shit, but in the meantime I have a lot of free time and I don't want to wait until I have money to start getting in shape.

Also I can't do pushups because of some weird shit with my elbow. Feels like bone against bone, and changing arm position doesn't help.

Now that that's out of the way;

>Broke and skinnyfat, just ordered some creatine. Have like $150 to spend on workout equipment but would like to spend as little as possible.

So what are "the essentials"? Right now I have shitty 10lb weights from when I was 12, a bike (figure I could lift the bike like an odd and uneven weight), and a tree I can somewhat do pull-ups in (eucalyptus so the bark is smooth enough it doesn't hurt).

I have ~$150 to spend but, again, am broke as fuck and trying to get my life together in other ways too. So I'd like to spend the absolute minimum while still being able to see clear improvements. I don't mind working harder or longer.

Also wish me luck with the creatine, I've been vegetarian since birth and read the effects of creatine can be more pronounced in vegetarians
>>
Beatrice Wazzlehood - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 02:51:18 EST TQixDFs4 No.94329 Reply
>>94328
gym membership

Id recommend planet fitness but its shit, so find the cheapest you can.

pay for said membership after the 3-6 months the 150$ buys

costco has cheap year prices
>>
George Mippernick - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 05:13:27 EST a6qYg8Ff No.94334 Reply
>>94328
Creatine boosts your workout by allowing you to retain water and lift more for longer. It doesn't just make you stronger. Maybe do some research before spending your limited money on shit you don't need. But oh well, you're committed now you better make the most of it.

It won't help if you've got nothing to lift.

If you have a few spare dollars per month get gym membership. If you can only afford this one off, drink less stop smoking, walk to work more. If that's not an option then buy some weights. Like a range of them. Or some adjustable ones, though if you haven't got 2 weights that can be put up to about 30KG each and a barbell that will go up to your own body weight you're only going so far. Probably as far as you think you need to go now. Not quite as far as you'll want to go when you get there though.

Try to tweak your diet if you can. For now probably eat about the same calorific intake but up your protein by dropping processed carbs. If you end up being unable to do that in your financial budget then don't be afraid to increase by 100 calories or 200 calories if you can nudge 30 or 40g more protein into your diet as you'll burn more, in time you'll burn more and more energy. As a vegetarian eggs are a cheap amino balanced protein source and whey is just protein making it easier. It you replace bits of your diet with eggs and beans it will likely slightly increase your calorific intake but I suspect this will be worth doing in the long run. People will say am for 150g of protein but as long as you use 100g per day as a floor you should be fine for the time being. You may have to look at your diet and budget calories and money and rebuild it, but it's worth sitting down for an hour and working out a weekly meal plan if you're going to be doing this for months.
>>
Jack Banningfuck - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 16:36:19 EST ulkV8gHl No.94335 Reply
>>94334
>Creatine boosts your workout by allowing you to retain water and lift more for longer. It doesn't just make you stronger. Maybe do some research before spending your limited money on shit you don't need.
And why do you think I'm asking what equipment to buy? So I can stare at it while I eat straight creatine and wait for my muscles to grow on their own?

>If you have a few spare dollars per month get gym membership.
I have $0 spare dollars per month, which is why I'm trying to get a car and/or a factory job. The god dam YMCA is $47/month with $25 join rate, and 24 Hour Fitness and other gyms don't seem significantly cheaper.

>If you can only afford this one off, drink less stop smoking, walk to work more.
I don't drink, will probably smoke less, and work online.

>If that's not an option then buy some weights. Like a range of them. Or some adjustable ones, though if you haven't got 2 weights that can be put up to about 30KG each and a barbell that will go up to your own body weight you're only going so far. Probably as far as you think you need to go now. Not quite as far as you'll want to go when you get there though.
Sounds like a good idea. Someone on /b/ suggested secondhand sports shops, seems like a good idea for a broke bitch.

Replacing large portions of my diet with eggs and beans also shouldn't be too hard. Leaves a lot of options for Mexican food.
>>
George Mippernick - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 19:59:09 EST a6qYg8Ff No.94336 Reply
>>94335
You're impulsive so actually check your numbers before you replace your entire diet. Check the calories and protein. Last I checked a large egg was about 18-20g of protein but about 180-200 calories. Eating 5 in a day is an option but I'd probably not want to eat more than 2 maybe 3 if you're pushing it. Beans have a lot of carbs and nuts come with fats but both those macros are good for you in moderation, they just push up the calories. And while you need protein you also need to not be storing shit loads of fat, hence the number checking. Ensure you're not pushing your calorific intake up by 500 calories to do this. In theory you could be like 5 eggs a day man and then just eat like 1000-1500 calories of other stuff but I'm not sure how great that is for you. There's other meat substitutes and stuff which are probably worth a look but I know none of them are particularly cheap.

My point about creatine was that it wasn't so much wasted money as money you could spend much more efficiently on something else. Which actually strictly speaking is wasted money but not everyone thinks like a management accountant. accountancy is really useful for a lot of people's fitness problems. You've got budgets, you've got requirements to meet and ideally you want to maximise certain other factors or at least not have them suck. Not everyone can just adjust a couple of things and have everything else stay the same or just eat right automatically
>>
Cyril Fandale - Sat, 29 Jul 2017 21:53:27 EST ulkV8gHl No.94338 Reply
>>94336
I mean I have a shit diet. I doubt replacing it could do me much harm. I mostly it bread and cheese and then vitamins so I don't immediately die. Not the healthy kind of vegetarian.

Now I've just been eating almost nothing for like a week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ eggs and beans and other stuff sounds healthier anyway

As for the creatine, it was under $20 on Amazon with shipping for 500g I think. That's at least 100 days worth, and really not much money even if it is a waste, which I don't think it will be.
>>
Phoebe Boffingpat - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 13:10:46 EST a6qYg8Ff No.94340 Reply
>>94338
Make sure you fit some vegetables in if you can. You won't need tonnes to not get sick immediately but the more the better. Buy stuff that keeps well or easily and comes in bulk. Frozen vegetables might seem like a cop out but a bag will provide a good few meals. Beans come cheap in bulk. Potatoes are mostly carbs but if you eat the skin they actually contain fibre and a good selection of minerals and vitamins. They also keep well, onion is cheap and keeps well and should be included in lots of recipes. Sounds like you're going to be eating a lot of eggs and beans and baked potato, but through in some frozen veg, onion maybe a couple of other cheap greens, maybe a carrot (hell eat one a day as a snack) and you'll probably be a LOT healthier in general. Do calorie count though so you don't go from "skinnyfat" to "actual fat".
>>
Nicholas Dartman - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 04:15:47 EST ulkV8gHl No.94342 Reply
>>94340
The internet says red potatoes are relatively healthy. I wouldn't want to eat the skin on a regular potato really but I'd eat red potato skins on their own I don't give a shit, shit's delicious. Is this true /ana/ guru

and yeah I'll try to get some actual non-potato/egg/bean food in. Mostly I've just eaten eggs so far
>>
Clara Wanningfuck - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 13:11:37 EST a6qYg8Ff No.94343 Reply
>>94342
Just under the skin is where most of the nutrients in potatoes sit. It's also where the fibre is. Potatoes aren't super nutritious but they have a bit of everything.

If you're thinking of sweet potatoes those are different. Red potatoes are pretty standard nutritionally as far as I know. Sweet potatoes aren't as cheap but they are reasonably nutritious. They don't have the same spread of minerals as potatoes but they're really good sources of vitamin A and a small portion of sweet potato every couple of days will help a lot with that particular micronutrient. .

The key is not to just eat one thing. There's a bunch of cheap staples. Mix it up. Explore the list, look beyond it. If you want the best results OP you need to put a little thought into things, look at some comparisons, work out what will cost you what. If you think you can just eat sweet potato every day you're going to get ill.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.