Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Not Feeling It In The Back

- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 06:47:52 EST Pba2379Z No.94513
File: 1511437672938.jpg -(43703B / 42.68KB, 468x348) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Not Feeling It In The Back
I've been weight lifting properly for a little over a year now, and I've seen quite a decent body transformation thus far. Up until 2 months ago I was training as follows:

Day 1. Triceps / Chest
Day 2. Biceps / Back
Day 3. Legs
Day 4. Rest

And then I would repeat. However my arms seem to be lacking so I changed it up to
Day 1. Chest / Triceps / Biceps
Day 2. Back / Legs / Shoulders
Day 3. Rest

Then repeat from there, and I have seen an increase in arm muscle mass. However my back is tough to work on. When I exercise my back, I have 2 issues. Firstly if I attempt decent squats or barbell rows, I have lower back pain for days or weeks after. The kind of pain that extends down the legs, it sucks. But even if I work with things like lat pull downs or anything else, I feel it too much in my forearms. I know this is bad form and I can't active my back muscles that well. My lats are widening quite nicely, but as far as bulky uncle mass goes, my chest is way more developed than my back. Any tips?
>>
Eliza Brennertudge - Fri, 24 Nov 2017 19:24:13 EST NR5nHGLQ No.94515 Reply
>>94513
If you're getting pains all the way down your legs then I suspect it isn't just you lack strength. I mean maybe if you can do it with no weight at all and no injury you're being over ambitious and just need to slow down... but it sounds like something isn't right.

I'm not a doctor. But a doctor is.
>>
Shit Brickledale - Sat, 25 Nov 2017 02:55:05 EST Pba2379Z No.94516 Reply
>>94515
I meant deadlift not squats btw.

Anyway I have only ever had upper leg pain from my lower back twice. For some reference here on how neglected my back is after a year of training, I would deadlift 40KGs for reps. For barbell rows I would do 20-30KGs. I did some rows yesterday and today I have pretty much no back pain, so I do think it is a combination of poor form and having a weak lower back. Also when I was growing up, i worked with my dad in manual labour now and then, and I think I lifted things with crappy form then too, I was just a kid so..
>>
Clara Dimblespear - Sat, 02 Dec 2017 01:24:18 EST V73ejJsB No.94523 Reply
You can do pressing movements 2-3x a week

you can train legs 2-3x a week

you essentially increased your frequency and noticed it's benefit.

While your body CAN handle 2-3x like I said above, you need to ease into it.

Also, I have novices start at that, but at light weight.

Doing bro splits is bad because of the fact that your muscle recovers in 48-72 hours, essentially making every hour after 72 a time in which you should be hitting that muscle and the muscle gets weaker.

there's also tonnes of research behidn hitting rowing and pressing in the same session, hitting full body every session...the possibilities to push you are endless and the brosplit is literally the bottom of the barrel.

tl;dr- get on starting strength and get strong
>>
Clara Dimblespear - Sat, 02 Dec 2017 01:25:44 EST V73ejJsB No.94524 Reply
Also if you have pain from deadlifts, squats, barbell rows - it is either the weight that makes oyur technique improper or just improper techinque regardless of the weight

If you don't know what "bracing" is, probably start there.

Look up "starting strength" and see the "how to X" videos or hire a trainer.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.