Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Long-term Squatting Support

- Tue, 20 Mar 2018 17:58:54 EST jtSAPt7m No.94691
File: 1521583134172.jpg -(74105B / 72.37KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Long-term Squatting Support
Hi, how are you? Same.
Hi pals, I need help figuring something out that my googling skills cannot. My girlfriend is an archaeologist to be. This summer she’s revisiting a dig site that she worked on last summer. Being the best boyfriend I can be, I want to be able to help her despite the distance between us(California>Italy).

The dig-wide rule over there is no knees. You have to stand or squat the whole time. I’ve looked up lower back support, long term squat support, searched similar questions hoping for some key words. But all I’ve found are weighted back support for squats and other similar products. Does anyone here squat all the time maybe? Does anyone can help?
>>
Betsy Breshwater - Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:38:07 EST 2HBT7EdU No.94692 Reply
squatting is a simple fundamental body position for a human being. if you can't squat you are physiologically dysfunctional and will experience musculoskeletal problems later in life. squat support lol... it's called stretching
>>
Rebecca Clablingfadge - Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:04:32 EST +FjIeKOd No.94695 Reply
>>94692
She’s going to be squatting for up to 10 hours a day and from what she says, it’s the most complained about thing at the dig. Imagine for a second a world where people use their human brains to overcome hardships with technology instead of “toughing it out bro, be strong”
And as to your physiological dysfunction point, my girlfriend was diagnosed with a rare lower-back arthritis when she was 22. No possible surgery. Just pain meds for life.
Again, just trying to be a good boi here.
>>
Alice Lightshit - Sat, 24 Mar 2018 05:44:12 EST FAeBlLZ9 No.94696 Reply
>>94695
If she's in Europe they should have better support for illness. I would say your girlfriend needs to practicing lifting her prescription/diagnosis from her doctor and unfolding that.

I'm not saying they should get on their knees for it, but that there might be some compromise. They can always leave her in standing positions. Standing 10 hours is fine as long as you get to move around and aren't carrying a lot of weight.

Squats and shit will help her all the same. The lower back isn't the area limiting squats so working on that a bit will make her life better. She has 2 months. She doesn't need to lift big, she needs to do endurance. So every day lots of bodyweight or body weight plus a single figure number of KG squats and maybe just lots of holding it. She's got 3 or 4 months to practice so within 3 or 4 weeks she'll either make progress or realise that this just isn't going to work at all. She will be sore the first few days at least. She wants to be mostly doing lots of sets of lots of reps because she's training endurance. She doesn't need massive quads, just the ability to feed the ones she has.

If your girlfriend is not already a healthy weight then reducing the load on her back and knees will help immensely with this also. There's probably no easy answer but intelligently directed hard work will always yield results.

Also someone who actually works on training endurance for stuff may be able to give better advice than me. I figure that practicing squats will either prove she can't do it BEFORE she's out there or she'll get some improvement and it's better than nothing.
>>
Emma Fupperden - Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:37:21 EST UaH2AD8G No.94697 Reply
OP you sound like a drug addict and also are not straightfoward on what you really want.
Do you want us to give you exercises for your girlfriend to make her squatting ability better?
>>
Betsy Ficklestone - Wed, 04 Apr 2018 13:32:09 EST t/dRQJYe No.94699 Reply
>>94691
How often do you tell her you have a bone to examine?
>>
Oliver Hucklebatch - Sat, 07 Apr 2018 13:51:30 EST DQCx3qOI No.94700 Reply
>>94699

I hope every day. This thread makes me want to date an archaeologist.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.