Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

General Workout Tips

- Tue, 10 Apr 2018 08:07:55 EST EFzk6XAu No.94703
File: 1523362075035.jpg -(37783B / 36.90KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. General Workout Tips
So lets get a thread going of things you have realised throughout your years or time spent working out, that can benefit others.

I have 2 pretty good things to share, and I feel if we pull together we can get some good tips going.

The first thing I want to share relates to recovery. Everybody is different of course genetically speaking, and so we all need different periods of recovery. Muscle mass is built in recovery, the gym is where we break it down, so it is crucial. I've been lifting only a little over 2 years now, and I saw some decent gains in that time. However things have really started to ramp up when I went from working out 2-3 days in a row with a rets day, to working out every other day.

I've gone from working out specific body parts to doing a push-pull routine that focuses on full body workouts every other day. I have seen a lot quicker and more obvious gains this way. If you're on juice then sue you can get away with a bro split, but I feel for beginners especially, working out every other day is best, and to go balls to the wall on a full body workout on the days you do workout. For me like I said the push-pull method works best. NOT push pull legs, but push one day full body, then pull full body the next.

the second thing that I have realised relates to my arms. Like most people my arms grow slowly, but I feel slower than what is normal as I am fairly tall. I tried all kinds of things to see better gains on my arms, like more volume, different routines etc, nothing really worked.
Then I started to do this thing where after each set that was an arm exercise, I would raise my arms above my head for 30 seconds after each set, restricting the blood flow to the muscle. After a couple of weeks I could see an uptake in gains and then researched more into this. Now I use elastic restrictor bands on my arms when I train them, and still raise them above my head after reach set, they are growing pretty quick now!

So yeah
>post your general tips of things you have come to understand and realise about training and getting gains in this thread, in a bid to offer help to others
>>
Caroline Nicklewell - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 19:56:34 EST 2HBT7EdU No.94704 Reply
stretching and joint mobility are more important than getting large muscles, especially as one gets older. eastern systems of wellness are designed around aging comfortably (tai chi, yoga, chi gong, and others), while most western systems of wellness are based around military-inspired gains-based training and are quite often damaging to joints and mobility. not saying resistance training and stuff is bad, but needs to be paired with restorative therapeutic activities to age well.
>>
Rebecca Sunkinhall - Fri, 13 Apr 2018 05:43:46 EST 1bIf6954 No.94707 Reply
>>94704
This is great advice. I meditate on a regular basis, but would like to try and get in tune with my body and mind connection via tai chi or yoga. It's no good having a strong body that is essentially not functional
>>
Edwin Gammleford - Fri, 13 Apr 2018 10:41:55 EST fbVsP24C No.94708 Reply
>>94707
>eastern wellness
Ahahahaha you know that shit is fake as fuck right? Besides meditating is gay
>>
Oliver Ceggleforth - Sat, 14 Apr 2018 21:50:48 EST 3c37QwXm No.94711 Reply
>>94708

>Meditating is gay

Wow dude, it's like I'm a freshman in highschool all over again. You should join debate class
>>
Jarvis Grandshaw - Sat, 14 Apr 2018 23:23:58 EST ILbezUCV No.94713 Reply
>>94708
you're either trolling at a lot quality level, or you're stupid.. either or.
Go and research into the science research of meditation. Brain plasticity is a real thing, as well as meditation having various physical and mental health benefits.
Stay in school kid
>>
Reuben Murdridge - Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:52:38 EST 2HBT7EdU No.94717 Reply
>>94708

i guess the 70 year old martial artists i know who can do back handsprings are just victims of a scam

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.