Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

GUT

- Fri, 03 Aug 2018 03:46:47 EST dcECgilT No.94858
File: 1533282407846.jpg -(26383B / 25.76KB, 620x549) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. GUT
I'm sure this is posted here a lot and I'm sorry. I searched gut and found nothing. I've been tall and skinny for my whole life. Past 4 years I have slowly gained a gut but nothing too bad. This year it hit shitty level that I feel will lead to Hank Hill or worse. Past two months I've noticed a very mild double chin.

Jogged a bunch this winter but I found it hard to stick with. I'm open to doing that again if it's the answer. Don't lift weights. Used to bike around everywhere. Bike has been dead for over a year. I know that eating habbits and drinking habbits matter but what is the best WORK OUT to get rid of the gut or at least make it smaller or maintained. I heard sit ups don't work but is that true?

Pic best example I could find I guess.
>>
Nicholas Somblefoot - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 12:38:20 EST HggBirKz No.94861 Reply
>>94858
Sit ups don't work because you don't make muscles smaller by exercising them. They have value but they don't "Pull in" your gut. Sit ups work one set of muscles. Do you really think 36 sit ups is going to transform your body?

If you want to lose weight you need to burn more than you eat. There's no cheat exercise. The harder you work the better the results. If all you care about is remaining tall and skinny, which is fine then just do cardio. Running, or swimming or biking all work wonders. If you want to gain some definition (especially if you're only slowly gaining weight) then weights will burn energy and build muscle. if you want to lose weight eating less requires the least doing stuff but may be harder. Just remember not to overcompensate. Don't eat more.
>Oh I ran 2 miles, I can have a giant cupcake and a beer
>fattening intensifies

If it's easy then it probably won't work whatever you pick.
>>
David Creblinghore - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 16:45:53 EST ryGNpiKd No.94862 Reply
You didnt get that way over the course of 30 days so you will not reverse it within 30 days, in the same sense that you did not gain it without small habits like over eating and no exercise, so you will need to do a lot more than that small exercise routine.

Spot reduction doesnt work to the point to be effective if you are ignoring the rest of your body, so please focus on strength and get on starting strength.

focus on technqiue first, and use that easy lifting time to dial in your diet.

If you need help with your diet, please comment your
height
weight
bodyfat (optional)
and how many times a week you will exercise
and I will help you
>>
Thomas Fagglechene - Sun, 23 Sep 2018 12:58:44 EST Rrg8pidq No.95023 Reply
1537721924289.jpg -(13006B / 12.70KB, 252x348) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
i'm in the same boat as OP. i'm currently out of work due to a shoulder injury. my weight fluctuates between 180-190 and i'm 5'11. i'm trying to lose excess body fat and iv'e been biking almost everyday (10 miles a day) and I really want to get into running/jogging. I actually just got back from jogging around in the woods near my house for about 30 minutes and I really enjoyed it. I have been trying to eat healthier but often times I turn to less healthy options when I think of my wallet. I do about 50 crunches a day and about 50 push ups a day, i curl only about 25 lbs. I dont really want to get into the weight lifting stuff right now because of my shoulder but I also don't want to turn into a lanky, skinny tooth pick
>>
Bird Keeper Dane - Mon, 15 Oct 2018 09:31:45 EST fri7ybO/ No.95064 Reply
>>94858
Dietary changes are key OP. If losing excess body fat is the goal, but out or reduce your intake of fatty foods like meats and dairy products.
>>
Phineas Cidgeworth - Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:21:38 EST DB2WAvM3 No.95065 Reply
>>95064
Reduce your intake of calories. Ensure other things don't drastically drop especially protein and don't lose too much fibre. Carbs are the thing to lose. Fat is bad because it's calorie dense but that's it. Carbs are addictive and cause insulin spikes. A balanced approach will work.

If you just reduce your meat and dairy products you run the risk of replacing it with carbs and getting fatter.

There's a bunch of ways to achieve a deficit without cutting out nutrients you need. Reducing meat and dairy can be one such pathway but it's a means to an end and if you consider it to be the be all and end all you could achieve nothing or less.
>>
govegan-ctfu - Sun, 11 Nov 2018 21:40:10 EST QWgv3Ckk No.95120 Reply
1541990410213.jpg -(5634574B / 5.37MB, 4656x2620) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95065
Carbs are addictive like breathing or drinking water is attractive. You need insulin to maintain muscle and insulin only stores fat in the presence of dietary fat. I really messed up my health doing all that low-carb, keto, zero-carb non-sense. Fuck this carbphobia - it's just more quick fix / fast-fad tricks.

Low-carb / keto debunk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU2ByJ-zxfg

OP, I know you said you got diet covered but I have to through this into the ring and that all, promise:

When you eliminate intramyocellular lipids (fat in muscle tissue) from your insulin pathway you burn glucose much more efficiently. Carbs are still very thermogenic and satisfying on top of that. I'm talking about whole-foods carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, squash and all fruits from kiwi and blueberries to bananas and dates - NOT those silly "low-fat" crackers from the 90's that still had 5g of oil per serving or whatever. When your insulin functions better due to low-fat intake, your glucose uptake and glucose-derived ATP is cleaner. Exercise and adventure become much easier and occurs more frequently as a consequence.

Oxidative priority means if you eat carbs and fat your body will burn the carbs and store the fat. Cut the fat to cut the pounds.

Glucose (from complex carbs typically) is CAN be converted to fat via de novo lipogenesis (DNL) but it is inefficient in humans (costing 30% of the conversion) and good luck overeating on potatoes. I have to drink fruit juice with my potato+greens meals to get ENOUGH calories.

Essential fats? We only need about 2g/day to guarantee no signs of deficiency and you can get that with adequate fruits and veg consumption. Even butternut squash has like 50g of omega-3 per cup. Excess fat goes to adipose tissue. Unless it's saturated fat where it will likely clog your insulin pathways after it kills off some LDL receptors in your liver.

Non-essential fats? The body can produce that from carbohydrates via DNL. Again. it's an inefficient process so your carb requirements go up. If you find yourself not being able to eat enough after all this and want to avoid processed foods like juices you can always add a tiny amount of whole-food fat to meals. Your metabolism will use that fat instead. It's easy to eat too much fat so stick to 1/4 avocodo or a small handful of nuts if you go this route AND want to loose weight.

Whole-food, plant-based nutrition is the optimal human diet - and it's most popular low-fat variation is best for weight loss and maintenance. It's sustainable weight loss for a lean, healthy life style and build off the success all large civilizations throughout human history have had eating starch-based diets with fruits and veggies.

OP, these guys are legit. Check them out:

John McDougall MD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IExLpYfpmtY

Neal Barnard, M.D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BueepS78mI

Michael Greger (NutritionFacts.org)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IhZ-R1O8g

T. Colin Campbell, PhD (author of "The China Study")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UL74-qXofk

Caldwell Esselstyn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPo8Ir0yn4

Michael Klaper, M.D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvlaQJImt9w&t=2662s

Dr. Doug Lisle (author of "The Pleasure Trap")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdqLB6bTuQ

They have so many other eye-opening, free videos and books with information backed by PEER-REVIEWED scientific literature that's stood the test of time.

-
Concerned citizen full of energy and motivation who barely exercises, eats tons of starches (complex carbs), fruit, greens and fruit juices, AND has perfect blood-work and an 18.8 BMI.

"It's the food!"
~ John McDougall MD

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.