Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Progression Program for Calisthenics Goal

- Sat, 25 Aug 2018 05:08:48 EST fFZQ4OiK No.94955
File: 1535188128154.jpg -(36344B / 35.49KB, 304x388) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Progression Program for Calisthenics Goal
Sup /fit/,

I have decided to begin training again, in preparation to go and tryout for a Japanese pro wrestling dojo. I preface with this to contextualise why I am aiming towards this workout:

• V Crunches (50 reps/2 sets)
• Leg Raises (50 reps/2 sets)
• Oblique Crunches (50 reps/3 sets)
• Back Extensions (30 reps/3 sets)
• Chair Elevated Push Ups (30 reps/10 sets)
• Hindu Push Ups (50reps/2sets)
• Reverse Hindu Push Ups (50reps/2sets)
• 3 minute timed wrestlers bridge
• Hindu Squats (500reps/1 set)
• Jumping Squats (50reps/2 sets)
Rest 30-45 seconds between sets.

I trained some years ago with people who had gone through the dojos, and this type of workout is an accurate example of daily conditioning routines trainees undergo. This is doesnt include in-ring training and weightlifting, which is also daily, but for someone of my current level that will come much later.

I have not trained (aside from the rare, random session) for the better part of 3 years, and during that layoff; drugs, excessive alcoholism and semi-regular smoking was a feature. Needless to say my fitness is as bad, if not worse than before my first period of training between the age of 17-19. My stats are: 5'9, 73kg, around 18% body fat and very poor cardio.

Currently my plan is to break it down over a progressive 12 week period, dividing the number of reps by 12, and then increasing the number of reps each week by that number. (For example, V Crunches. 50/12 = +4. Week 1 = 2sets of 4 reps. Week 2 = 2sets of 8reps. So on and so forth for each exercise). The plan would be to do this 5 days a week with 2 rest days.

Does this sound like a good progression plan, or would it be better to perhaps do a pyramid scheme? (Day1 3x3, Day3 4x2 and Day5 8x1 for instance). Should I split the increase value and increase twice a week (e.g +4 once a week becomes +2 twice a week for V Crunches). I realise for some exercises, like squats, an increase of 42 a week might be challenging. Also i realise i am not adjusting sets, but i think its better to keep the frequency so my body adapts to the short rest intervals.

Any advice, observations or improvements would be greatly appreciated. Good endorphins to all.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.