Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Ideal routines for useful strength

- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 05:05:53 EST aOJLU0cC No.95123
File: 1542189953401.jpg -(66029B / 64.48KB, 500x669) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Ideal routines for useful strength
The kind of strength that makes heavy/awkward things lighter and can give me the ability to overpower others. End goal is a dominating physical presence but also the ability to use it. I'd say my goal is to be 170 pounds.

I do not do bench press or squats, due to ligament damage in shoulders/knees. I do not use machines, only dumbbells and an EZ Curl bar. I have access to pull up/dip station, incline bench, balance board and bow flex. I usually cycle 10-16 miles a week and my job requires me to be on my feet/carrying things all shift.

-----------------
Currently :
5'8/176cm and 11st3/158lbs/71kg
5 wide pull ups, 7 raised legs push ups, 30+ raised leg crunches, 8 dips
15kg/33lbs dumbbells for arms, shoulders, chest or 7.5kg/16.5lbs for weaker excercises

-----------------

My main "idea" is to try pursue a mix of weight training and calisthenics. Get really good at pull ups, dips, push ups, incline crunches. Mix it in with some standard issue dumbbell workouts and niche workouts such as grip training, bow training and working all the little muscles/forearms. Mix it in with some MMA/Climbing for overall functionality.

I figure as long as I eat enough calories to not be losing weight, I could get the bulk on and then work on getting my strength to catch up with it once I've hit my target.

>Would a routine like this actually produce practical results?

Is it better to be able to powerlift a huge weight or use 30kg dumbbells, compared to the say, crushing 30 pull ups and 40 push ups?

Who would have an easier time lifting heavy boxes all day or overpowering someone in a fight by grabbing their arms? I understand the subjectivity of "goals" but when it comes to applying these types of strength, is there any routines which come out on top?
>>
Esther Chungerfield - Sat, 17 Nov 2018 11:10:45 EST o6lUvJos No.95129 Reply
sounds pgood
maybe do some basic gymnastics stuff for abs and arms (if your shoulder allows it), do lots of weighted carries and train your fucking neck

also dont enthusiastically focus on resistance training, MMA/Climbing should probably amount to 80% of your training.

Also dont do "bulks", aim for one, max two pounds of weight gain per month. Progressing as a natty is slow asf but just being patient WILL be worth it!
>>
David Sunningbutch - Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:47:54 EST vaMOtuqV No.95161 Reply
You're not going to have a dominating physical presence at 170 pounds. Sorry.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.