Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Cutting

- Sat, 01 Dec 2018 01:42:03 EST m7e0OI0R No.95162
File: 1543646523205.jpg -(21575B / 21.07KB, 236x270) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Cutting
When cutting, wouldn't it make more sense to consume around maintenance calories on days working out, and then super low calories on rest days? Especially so if you workout every other day?
My logic here is that you want to keep your metabolism high, and being constantly at in a deficit, means your body will adapt.
Also, on training days you expel tons of energy, and rest days you don't. I've also read that it's better to count calories over a week as apposed to day to day.
Thoughts?
>>
Charles Sopperstut - Sat, 01 Dec 2018 09:06:07 EST o6lUvJos No.95165 Reply
>I've also read that it's better to count calories over a week as apposed to day to day.
Spot fucking on my dude. id avise a low calorie diet, with low carbs on rest days and medium carbs on workout days. really, on days you are sedentary you dont need any carbs at all, but i sure do like me some carbs pre and post workout.
>>
Reuben Worthinghood - Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:29:58 EST Riy5Wxin No.95220 Reply
>>95219
But not like the guy who just doesn't eat and skips protein entirely? From what I can see it's important you keep your protein levels up every day as the carbs rise and fall.

That said.

Your body can't "adapt" too much because thermodynamics. I don't see how you'd increase your energy burned very much by switching it up but maybe you'll build more muscle if you eat close to maintenance on exercise days. Not sure you wouldn't then just lose more if you ran a huge deficit AND didn't use your muscles the next day though. It seems like if it works one way it'd work the other and it'd cancel out surely? Or has experimentation shown it's possible to limit the effect of the latter without harming the former while maintaining an overall deficit?

When I cut I've been able to maintain or gain strength reliably when doing so but if I can make it more effective still that'd be cool. What I've done works though so I don't want to fuck with it for unproven methodology.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.