Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

back exercises

- Sun, 24 Mar 2019 15:00:59 EST f5/sr5Dn No.95256
File: 1553454059477.jpg -(29003B / 28.32KB, 400x403) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. back exercises
Sup /ana/

So I'm in average shape, most of my exercise is just doing long runs to blow off steam and help my mental health, pushups from time to time. I noticed my back is lacking in muscle, upper and lower.

Do you guys have any suggestions for getting a normal healthy back without a complicated routine? I do have a gym membership. I'm looking at exercises on youtube and google but theres so many..it's a little overwhelming. I'd feel a little more confident in giving them a shot if somebody here is willing to just recommend a few good starter exercises for a well rounded back.

I did starting strength about a year ago and that was going well. Should I just jump back into doing that?
>>
Molly Pecklewell - Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:04:18 EST Tp1rP3uI No.95257 Reply
>>95256
In my opinion rows should be a staple for any back workout. I would also recommend working in pull-ups into your routine for your lats as they can really help your back look fuller
>>
Charlotte Braffingwell - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 19:04:10 EST hQHmniFN No.95264 Reply
>>95256

It honestly doesn't take much if you're not looking to get huge. A few sets each of push-ups and pull-ups 2-3 times a week should be enough to fill out a little over time.
>>
Hedda Bimmlepitch - Wed, 27 Mar 2019 00:15:12 EST EySTy/u/ No.95269 Reply
Deadlift period.
>>
press - Wed, 27 Mar 2019 12:50:07 EST b5S5fg+k No.95270 Reply
deadlifts
pendlay rows
chin ups
back extensions
maybe shrugs

seriously deadlifts
>>
Esther Crimmlechut - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 09:52:22 EST REJ3xcyX No.95282 Reply
Deadlift
Squat
Pull up
Pendlay row & 45° bent over row
Overhead press (for upper back)

Don't forget your lats and your shoulders are also part of your back and will contribute to making it look bigger. Especially your upper back shoulder area is prone to getting bumpy.
>>
Shit Brallystone - Mon, 01 Apr 2019 18:20:01 EST 7lxim7JR No.95286 Reply
Thanks guys. Gonna hit the gym today and do Deadlifts, pendlay rows, and maybe squats and overhead press.

I honestly don't know if I could do a pull-up right now.
>>
press - Fri, 05 Apr 2019 10:34:33 EST pozuiGDC No.95294 Reply
>>95286
>I honestly don't know if I could do a pull-up right now.
sounds like starting strength alright. jk

i reread the thread and i find the phrasing )well rounded back( hilarious
how long did you do the SS routine for and how far did you get? thanks to muscle memory it can be very easy to get back to a good portion of previous functional strength
best of luck to you and keep at it!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.