Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

How do I get my skinny pathetic ass to gain weight?

- Tue, 28 May 2019 17:16:49 EST gujsMloG No.95441
File: 1559078209843.jpg -(23915B / 23.35KB, 400x386) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How do I get my skinny pathetic ass to gain weight?
Hey /a n a/ I'm 5'9 135lbs and wanna pack on weight and muscle.

Usually no matter how much I eat I can't seem to pack on any pounds, I don't do much cardio besides a little bit of jogging and I do lots of push ups, pull ups etc.

What am I doing wrong? I've been doing this since new years.

Is there some type of website or app I can go to that helps with food? Some suggested I try things like blue apron or some subscription app and pick meals with the highest cals and protein intakes
>>
Fucking Gonningbirk - Tue, 28 May 2019 17:27:27 EST Tp1rP3uI No.95442 Reply
Well the simple and really only answer is to eat more, even when you don’t feel like it. There’s not any secret or short cut to it. MyFitnessPal is a great app to track your calorie intake. Set a calorie goal and do your best to hit that consistently. Try and find calorie dense foods that have some form of nutritional value that you somewhat enjoy and get it in ya. Shakes are a great way to help hit your goals if you find eating a lot to be a chore. And remember, peanut butter is your friend.
>>
Phyllis Punningstock - Tue, 28 May 2019 17:46:20 EST gujsMloG No.95443 Reply
>>95442
How many cals do you suggest I eat per day?
>>
Fucking Gonningbirk - Tue, 28 May 2019 18:21:13 EST Tp1rP3uI No.95444 Reply
>>95443
Kinda hard for me to suggest specific numbers to since, you know, the whole anonymous message board thing. But google TDEE calculator, enter in your info and eat about 200-500 calories above that. Obviously you don’t want to go too high over your TDEE too fast or you will gain a lot of fat on top of any muscle. Track your weight regularly and remember that consistency is key. Also in my opinion body weight exercises, while good for functional strength will only get you so far as actually gaining size. You will preferably need some type of progressive overload in order to really maximize those gains. There are a lot of good tips on YouTube or google for “hard gainers” such as yourself. But remember there are really no such thing as hard gainers, just under eaters
>>
Fucking Crengerkutch - Tue, 28 May 2019 19:58:54 EST Wc4dfmYk No.95446 Reply
>>95445

I eat within a few hundred calories plus or minus of 3500 to put on any decent gain that's not just barely maintaining my weight. I'm a small guy, and eating as much as I do leaves me physically uncomfortable for days on end, but if I don't eat like this I don't gain. If I go three days eating a regular amount for someone of my size I lose all of my last 2-3 weeks of nutritional effort.

The biggest trick is eating enough of a surplus, and eating often enough. You want to be having snacks in between major meals to keep your digestive system constantly bringing in new substance. I try to have eaten roughly 1500 calories (sometimes over or under 100-200 calories) by the time lunch is over, and I eat two dinners spread two hours apart, with snacks in between each of my four main meals of a day. Some days I screw up and only eat 3,000 calories, some days I eat 4,000+. Today my appetite has been complete ass, I've not had the desire to eat once, but I have to force myself, and I've got to eat at least another 1,000 calories before I go to bed, including 40g more of protein.

Good luck. For food I suggest stay heavy on the nuts/seeds, eggs, beans (these are all high in protein and quality calories, and are also relatively cheap compared to less healthy foods). Peanuts are super nutritious for you in every good way, and they're way cheap no shell no salt in a bottle/can like $2.50 for a half kilo.
>>
Samuel Clayham - Tue, 28 May 2019 20:04:32 EST gujsMloG No.95447 Reply
>>95446
I usually have scrambled eggs and toast with cream along with OJ for breakfest.
>>
Hedda Sucklespear - Tue, 28 May 2019 20:28:29 EST Wc4dfmYk No.95448 Reply
>>95447

That's not bad. If memory serves correctly, the average large egg has 6-7g of protein (some of the highest quality protein you can find) and 70-80 calories? A slice of toast roughly the same calories minus the protein, plus fiber. So say you eat an egg sandwich of three large eggs and two pieces of toast, that's at most 350 calories plus roughly 25 grams of protein, plus the cream and orange juice doesn't add too much. That's not a large breakfast by any means, probably not much for gaining weight, but it's a step in the right direction.

Ideally I'd want roughly twice that amount of calories, and almost double the protein (I eat 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight for weight lifting). I think the average bagel usually consists at least 300 calories. You could switch that for bread and have a bagel and egg sandwich, plus adding an ounce or two of sliced cheese will give you a significant calorie and protein boon. Supplement that with a handful of nuts and you've got a small time builders breakfast.
>>
Samuel Clayham - Tue, 28 May 2019 20:46:39 EST gujsMloG No.95450 Reply
>>95448
Well I'm trying to make it 6 small meals and a healthy snack in between. Like a protein shake or some protein bar.

Oh and it's grain bread, the bread is more for the health purpose.
>>
Samuel Clayham - Tue, 28 May 2019 21:28:20 EST gujsMloG No.95451 Reply
>>95448
I've also been in the habit of spreading mashed avocado on my toast now these days.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.