Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Workout Noob

- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 00:30:05 EST XRq8befd No.95484
File: 1560141005486.jpg -(34809B / 33.99KB, 438x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Workout Noob
I want to join a local gym. I have zilcho experience with gym equipment nor what regimes I need to alternate between. Without getting a trainer what basic equipment will I encounter and what do I need to know to use them properly. I don't really know what to expect. How can a scrawny neet like me gain some muscle.
>>
Thomas Ferrydit - Mon, 10 Jun 2019 01:16:11 EST GanhevWh No.95485 Reply
>>95484
i would start with the big three
but what you wanna do is a quick diagnostic of your systems find out of anything isnt right
you dont want to lift heavy if you have injuries or strength imbalances that will cause more injuries and strength inbalances
so, start moderate and see what is strong and what is not strong, balance everything out, then do squat/lift/dead and set up a routine

you will get delayed onset muscle soreness also called DOMs if you do it right and have to alternate the various days you work out various areas of your body

when you get this, chug a protein shake with creatine and maybe an epsom salt soak if it is severe

keep doing that and keep your protein intake up. if you are looking to get beefy, also eat carbs but not too much
>>
infectious - Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:43:27 EST XRq8befd No.95492 Reply
Alright, I have seen creatine at cvs for like $25-30. I used to make fruit smoothies. I may start again. I used to put flaxseed in it, but I might switch to hemp. Is there a preferred type of protein? I am recovering from long term dxm abuse and need to cleanse and rebuild my body.
>>
Walter Punningsudge - Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:04:31 EST pdYtE9xy No.95493 Reply
>>95492
Just your typical whey protein is fine. I use Optimum Nutrition brand whey and creatine off of amazon and they both do the trick. Their vanilla flavors mix great with fruit smoothies. Remember, the laws of gains are simple: more work + more quality calories = more gains.

Also as much as we love to make fun of circlejerk around here r/fitness has a pretty good list of lifting routines on their wiki, I would poke around there and try and find a routine that will work for the equipment you have at your disposal as well as something you think you can stick with. Most all of them listed have at least somewhat have been tested to work so you should do fine with whichever on you decide on. I personally enjoy and have seen a lot of progress with a free weight variant of Push-Pull-Legs but not everyone is down for a 6 day a week regimen which is totally fine. Consistent work is, in my opinion, the most important part of any program.
>>
Molly Baffingham - Sun, 23 Jun 2019 03:22:37 EST IcLcfWoe No.95522 Reply
1561274557215.jpg -(101230B / 98.86KB, 846x582) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95493
>Consistent work is, in my opinion, the most important part of any program.
This so much...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.