Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Bohurt/ACL/SCA etc

- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 01:02:40 EST 4j5yZUVS No.95508
File: 1560747760072.jpg -(123559B / 120.66KB, 800x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Bohurt/ACL/SCA etc
saving for a full steel kit, anyone have advice for training to wear 80lbs of steel?
>>
Sophie Nommerbanks - Mon, 17 Jun 2019 06:59:00 EST WalKWnZ4 No.95509 Reply
>>95508
Without firsthand experience in re enactment or whatever I know that it's not 80lbs (whatevet the PHB might say) and that the armour was designed to distribute the weight and be as mobile as possible (because you know... you had to fight in it). The mobility of plate armour is lower than a firefighter's PPE but it's lighter than a soldier's armour, of course both of them carry a lot more kit (PPE, Guns, food, insulated wire cutters, first aid kits and er... also first aid kits etc) and they do so in "live fire" situations. This is probably why in US there's at least a few marines into this.

You want to be generally fairly fit so that wearing it is a test of long term endurance. The biggest thing you can do is reduce the amount of excess weight you're carrying needlessly. Ie make sure you're quite lean. You have to wear this all day. Having some strength so that this is only a low fraction of your total exertion will help a lot but not as much as all the other stuff.

If you already hit the gym and lift then just make sure you're also doing a lot of lower intensity long duration cardio as well. If you don't then doing a bit of strength training can't hurt but you're training to carry this weight for hours at a time.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.