Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Pet peaves on motivation and other people

- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 11:09:57 EST mdPfTNR4 No.95524
File: 1561388997286.jpg -(10612B / 10.36KB, 272x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Pet peaves on motivation and other people
Look, I know you should just ignore haters and not flex on them. But this bothers me.

I basically lived on drugs, fruit and hard liqour as a teenager. My body was super fucked up. Towards the end, things got better, but my family then realized I got way too pro-ana and overfed me junk food. Fat again. Then I went to college. Some shit happened and one summer I nearly starved to death alone. Skinny again.

Transferred schools, major depression disorder. Fat again. Finally bought weight sets, got in "real shape" for the first time and everything was gucci until I lost my first job in the first crash of 2009. Got fat again but thanks to drug use also really fucked up in other ways physically. Time passes, and I shape up again. Then, get seriously ill. Weirdly skinny fat for a while. Then, trouble with law. Homeless. Get the most pro-ana I have ever been but thanks to previous bulks (?) somewhat muscular.

Then, mandated rehab. They pump me full of drugs and give me a chemical lobotomy and destroy my kidneys and pancreas. Fattest ever. Then, out of rehab, meet chad shrink who realizes what happened and tells me to just hit the CBD instead of all that poison pill garbage. Working out so far. Been about a year and a half..

My point is, I don't want to let this happen again. Besides keeping me life fucking stable (which is on point now), there is a lot of emotional bullshit from bullying during this period that still gets under my skin sometimes. How do I make myself impervious to this? Sometimes it works for motivation in the sense of healing the pain and destroying the haters but I'm generally pissed off at being mocked for being too skinny because I was eating road kill or too fat because I had just emerged from the wilderness and was unable to restrain myself when presented with free pizza.

I can't reasonably explain to gym rats who have led comfortable suburban lives what I've been through nor do I really judge them for not understanding, just want to be able to focus more on it and not get distracted by the bullshit when it arises.
>>
Walter Cuddlepat - Mon, 24 Jun 2019 12:53:02 EST jSQHGOZF No.95525 Reply
>>95524
You have to talk to gym rats? I mean aside from to ask them if their 10 OHP marathon on the squat rack will finish.

OP I know how you feel to some extent. I've definitely been up and down. Fat more than thin and definitely less of a wild ride than you but I get you (I was ridiculed for my body before I really fucked it up and it threw my self image out a very high window). I was fat too long (as I just gave up on not being hilariously unattractive) so my skin will never fit. I don't even care though. I just get in there and do it for me. I don't have to explain shit to anyone. Except maybe that sure they want to do cable pulls but between sets they don't need to stand under the pullup bar. And they usually either understand or are actually just going to do like 50 reps (with pauses for a sip of water at 15 and 30) then get out my way anyway. Either way is fine.

You are probably projecting a lot of the judgement and it's not there. The other day one of the PTs was comparing nipples or something with a friend. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you, you are not doing that. Gym music is garbage so you should be listening to your own tunes anyway.

Are people actually commenting? Maybe you have a really shitty gym I don't know. Mine's pretty upper class surburbia I guess. But I can't imagine that shit flies anywhere. Most of the time people aren't going to judge you if you aren't being a shitty gym user. I mean if you camp a piece of equipment to do stuff you could do anywhere else or if you don't put shit back when you're done go fuck yourself but if not no one in their right mind will look down on you because you are there actually fucking doing it.
>>
Thomas Fusslekot - Mon, 24 Jun 2019 15:34:33 EST aQi9NM/V No.95526 Reply
>>95525
TBH it's more directed shit-talk behind my back from people I happen to know through third parties that makes its way to me from true friends who let me know it's happening.
>>
Walter Cuddlepat - Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:20:25 EST jSQHGOZF No.95527 Reply
>>95526
It sounds like a case of arseholes gonna shit honestly. This is more of a /qq/ issue and the answer is that some people are just turds. Big strong guys who can't even say it to your face. If they have no empathy or understanding for anyone then they're always going to be hideous. The truth is that in age that most of us will lose our size and mass and turn into a bald wrinkly ballsack and then all that differentiates the most hideous piece of shit from the charming old gent is one is how they treat others.

In the mean time though obviously keep lifting because this shit is increasingly in the past. . Fat shaming is another topic you and I know it's both partly that person's fault/actions/judgement but also not as simple as it seems (perspective, life pressure, mental health, just thinking it's not possible) but that being fat and its consequences are punishment enough without people being needlessly sadistic not that healthy at any weight isn't bullshit or that fat people are as attractive but that's their cross, or increased mass to bear. Those people are just insecure and all they have is trying to make someone else feel less intimidating. If all they have is "they used to be faaat" then damn their lives are sad. I mean people are usually impressed by a success story. These guys must be really failing at life. Hard.

Just set goals and keep knocking them down. You know you're winning if they start bitching about your form, because that means that you're lifting bigger than them and they can't critique it any more. But even if you don't get there fuck em. They aren't worth it.
>>
Simon Bonnerson - Tue, 25 Jun 2019 00:22:21 EST Erhus2aa No.95528 Reply
>>95527
Fair enough. Will suck it up and attribute it to bullshit for now and /qq/ about it if I can't handle it later.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.