Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Can you get fit just running?

- Fri, 26 Jul 2019 00:08:30 EST LooqlA7a No.95616
File: 1564114110721.png -(1493184B / 1.42MB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Can you get fit just running?
So I realized that where I moved to has some very steep inclines especially around my house. I just did some laps where I would run up a hill and walk back down it. I never had interest in working out until now, I mostly just smoke weed, eat shit food, and play games. Needless to say I am fat as fuck. Can I lose some weight doing this? Do I need to do more besides eating better? What do you think?
>>
Rebecca Pittdock - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 04:01:32 EST jO4dT4VE No.95617 Reply
>>95616
Eating better is all you need to get skinnier. Running will improve your cardiovascular health and give you some minor muscle gains in the first few months, as well as help you a little bit in your weight loss.
I think regardless, you should keep at it but pace yourself if you're seriously overweight.
>>
Fuck Shakehood - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 06:30:37 EST 9HKzUTCI No.95619 Reply
1564137037722.jpg -(167730B / 163.80KB, 1200x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
skinny? yes, you can get skinny just running and diet.
look at this picture though. would you rather look like the guy on the left or the guy on the right? they're actually the same guy
you're going to need resistance training if you wanna avoid looking like an androgynous lesbian with loose skin everywhere because you used to be fat.

you've already said you've got fat reserves. which means you probably don't have difficulty eating a ton of food. this is actually perfect for building a lot of muscle.
I recommend start lifting weights. if you want, you can supplement it with running.
when I was a fat fuck I hated running. could barely stand the pain, was out of breath immediately and had to pause every minute. then I got into weightlifting, gained muscle and lost weight in 2 years. I'm so much lighter and fitter that I can now run for miles without stopping in a heatwave, even though I haven't done it in 3 years.
>>
Under Intact - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:58:35 EST LooqlA7a No.95620 Reply
>>95617
I need to find the self discipline to eat better first.
>>
Under Intact - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 09:59:55 EST LooqlA7a No.95621 Reply
>>95619
i would need to get some weights or find something heavy to lift. I'm already adept in lifting my Xbox controller so I will need to find something a little heavier. Lol
>>
Fuck Blackshaw - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 19:16:45 EST JXcBCqRW No.95622 Reply
>>95620
Former 300 pound ish dude down to 170. Now I'm a bit over 180 but waist is another inch smaller. People have stopped saying I'm "skinny" even when I need a belt for 32 inch trousers. If your skin doesn't snap back fully you'll look a little bit fatter than you are (but only on your torso when it's exposed) but the more muscle the less the gap. Gaining that muscle means I almost look ripped in the mirror now and at worst I look like someone who is fit but maybe just had christmas rather than just flabby and skinnyfat. If you just want to impress people looks have diminishing returns. For a casual lay or a real relationship, once you're past the sack of shit level of flabbiness confidence and charm will get you further than a rippling body. Being dressed well also wins out both for that and for anything else. Though I barely possess any of those things.

Eating better means make a plan, work out how it's manageable and do it. It's not really about self discipline it's just not making excuses. I found the following things helped
>plan your diet
>only buy what you actually plan on eating, don't just assume you can willpower everything. You can't and that's exhausting.
>don't keep things you can graze off around, when you develop some self control you might move to keeping them out of reach
>be realistic. I know if I open some things they're going to all go. I don't open a pack of those things unless I'm under my target, at it without any big drinking or eating events ahead or it'll fit in my budget
>when you fail get back on the horse ASAP
>when you fail look at why see; be realistic.
>it's easier to not eat than to stop for most people. Start eating later in the day. Breakfast as you perceive it is a scam and empty carbs. 2 good meals a in a 10 hour window is fine.

I actually get a lot out of cardio. Weights definitely helps you look less you're still fat if you lose 140lbs but cardio makes day to day everything easier. Making those slopes and inclines easier is great, walking up a hill with friends and not looking like a bitch is nice, athsma not being a problem when it crippled you before is lovely, being able to speed up for a train or bus without arriving a drippy mess for the sake of 15 seconds is useful. All those big muscles won't do shit for anything. Do both. Mix it up so you build confidence in your physical capabilities. It's all well and good looking good but having that confidence that you can jump that gap, pick up that thing or whatever is also really nice.

Your body is good for starting out. If you get into the diet patterns, start cardio and work on body weight or even assisted bodyweight (pull ups are actually quite hard even when you're thin, I had to work up to them, now I can do 3 sets of 9 or 10 as part of a full workout) stuff it'll help. If you do those regularly with a good programme it'll at least give you practice before you buy weights or gym membership but it should help your strength if it's virtually non existent.
>>
Barnaby Hirringlock - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 22:35:27 EST U03PfSce No.95624 Reply
1564194927900.jpg -(168090B / 164.15KB, 850x1235) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95616
Remember to do it for a month AT LEAST. As a rough guide, expect 1-2 lbs weight loss a week.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.