Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Eating unhealthy closer look

- Sun, 04 Aug 2019 19:14:40 EST elOwE49S No.95648
File: 1564960480449.jpg -(35567B / 34.73KB, 500x454) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Eating unhealthy closer look
Lets say someone has a very healthy diet, never deviating from it. But that person then wants to eat something "unhealthy" like potato chips. What factors are at play for how long that persons "health" will be affected and what determines how well anyone can eat such things and it not really having a big impact on their health... Is it solely based on how strong their immune system is?

Also, once having shit out the potato chips, wont the body have reset to its original state of "health" or at least not having any continuous negative impact as long as no more potato chips are eaten?

When will the unhealthiness 'wear of' and what is really going on in depth?

What allows one person to eat several bags of chips a day and their health is not really impacted vs someone else barely being able to eat the second bag and realizing he or she should stay far as way as possible from those chips ... What factors are at play for how much one can tolerate unhealthy foods and get away with it?
>>
Nathaniel Pigglebetch - Mon, 05 Aug 2019 03:36:57 EST SKvnE+Gb No.95649 Reply
>>95648
>obesity is one of the biggest predictors of health problems, so calories vs. the person's TDEE is a pretty big factor
>the way that the food influences the hormones in your body that regulate hunger, based on its macronutrient content - carbs, or the lackthereof, change how you feel hunger and if you're not super disciplined this can change your eating habits
>lack of micronutrients if the person is actively giving up healthier food options, eating just potato chips, to stay at or under their TDEE
>the presence of toxic substances and I don't mean that "toxin" bullshit - I'm talking about heavy metals like mercury, lead, or cadmium - substances that will cause serious harm to your body if present in high enough concentrations
>any sort of viral, bacterial, fungal, etc. infection contracted as a result of organisms present in the food source

The answer to all of your questions is dependent on what's causing the problem.

This video is tangentially related and just really fucking cool - watch it. It'll give you a better idea of how the body processes food.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE&t=1s
>>
Polly Perringmon - Mon, 05 Aug 2019 13:07:09 EST B9vL6okO No.95650 Reply
>>95648
What the other guy said is all true.

The body has some margins for error and ability to process shit. Potato chips aren't poison, it's that they either displace other macro and micronutrient sources or make you fat. If your diet is good you have a bit of room for crap food honestly. Especially if you're active. However refined carbs do fuck with your metabolism. I normally eat healthy but someone brought crispy creme into work today so I had a big sugar crash this afternoon.

If you don't enjoy food at all then you are giving up pleasure and being happy is part of the reason to live and extends your life.

I know a guy whose vice is crisps. He has a couple of bags per day. However he otherwise eats healthily and plays football, runs triathlons and trains a lot and so it doesn't impact him. Empty carbs are fine because he doesn't eat lots of other shit food and is eating what he's burning and getting what he needs. He drinks occasionally, likes the odd cake but he also burns thousands of calories per week doing exercise outside his required routine.

All things in moderation. Make sure you're not chasing off the good things or making yourself ill.

Personally I don't have that ability so I have excess in moderation. I think that probably does have some repercussions even one day a month but my sanity is a balancing factor here. I still know when to stop and give my body time to recover rather than slowly getting fatter as a result of overdoing it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.