Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

I don't even know

- Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:15:22 EST TZGySboG No.95739
File: 1566922522193.jpg -(36025B / 35.18KB, 1024x620) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. I don't even know
That feel when you work super hard and lose 40 lbs but the only person who notices, compliments, and encourages you is the person you're dating.

Friends, co-workers, family? Radio silence.

I know weight loss and fitness is supposed to be for you and no one else, but I'm feeling discouraged. Maybe I was just so fat that 40 lbs isn't a big change in my general size and shape IDK. I was feeling attractive again but not so much now.

Got another 40lbs to go. Trying to stay positive but this is hard.
>>
Henry Saddlebanks - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:16:46 EST QcikOPqB No.95742 Reply
1566940606388.jpg -(32938B / 32.17KB, 480x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
you're saying you've still got 40 lbs to go. that means you're still pretty fat, right?
people might just be hesitant to compliment you on your new weight, because your weight might be a sensitive issue for you.
"yo did you lose weight?"
"uh yeah. like 40lbs."
"wow good job! keep it up!"
"are you saying I'm still fat?"
"...fuck"

also people lose and gain weight all the time, and sometimes not on purpose. weight loss can happen due to high stress, trauma, addiction, etc.
I was once in a kind of awkward situation when I tried to compliment someone on his weight loss. he replied with:
"yeah I've been doing nothing but drinking the last 3 months because I've got crippling depression".

or they may want to come across as less shallow by pretending they never noticed or cared about your fat ass.
"yo I lost 40 lbs"
"oh really, what for? you looked good already. I guess I never noticed how fat you really were because I saw the beauty that was inside you."

or they might just be jealous of your progress. instead of tasting the sweet taste of hope and inspiration, some people only taste the bitterness of their stagnation and slow deterioration of their own situation.
when I was on my weight loss journey I literally had several co-workers telling me that I should stop and be content with my body.
"you're not that fat, why would you want to lose weight?"
I realized that people didn't really think I looked good like that. they just couldn't stand the fact that I managed to do something they couldn't.

the point is that there's a million reasons why people might not want to shower you with compliments. that is exactly why you need to undertake this journey for yourself. compliments are a nice confidence boost, but they're not guaranteed. you need to take pride in yourself through YOURSELF, not through others. pat yourself on the back because this is a respectful journey you've undertaken. most people don't succeed. I'm proud of you, buddy.
>>
Ebenezer Billingford - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 05:18:25 EST TZGySboG No.95744 Reply
>>95739
If your partner is loving and supportive and you're happy with yourself and your progress, fuck the haters, you already have more than most.

The best revenge is success where others fail, keep on keeping on.
>>
Oliver Birringsutch - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 14:46:26 EST lnUgnhzV No.95757 Reply
>>95739
People who see you a lot may not notice and ones who don't might not be sure. They might not want to feel stupid. Your partner knows though. It's obvious but they're probably afraid to say it and find out they're wrong or you have cancer or something. Henry explains it pretty well. They probably just won't want to open their dumb mouths but your partner knows what's up.

I think I lost 55 pounds before anyone noticed. By the time I had lost 140 everyone was gobsmacked. But by about 80 people will notice. You'll get a lot of "you look so thin now" nonsense but that's just because you look different and it's weird, not because you're actually too thin after a while they'll just accept it
>>
Caroline Billinggold - Fri, 06 Sep 2019 05:11:11 EST NZ5Gt9it No.95769 Reply
>>95739
OP here doesn't matter I guess, I seem to have plateaued and been stuck at a certain weight (and even gained 1 kg) for 10 days now and I'm getting really, really discouraged now.

I thought it was due to gaining some muscle back because some of my lifts DID go up, but I went through that at the very beginning where my weight didn't move a single gram for about 3 weeks and then a whole bunch fell off at once. IDK.

Feels bad, man.
>>
Rebecca Puddleson - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:33:14 EST /A5MgutP No.95773 Reply
>>95769
just give up then. you're never going to make it. sure, you lost 40 pounds but those are the easy ones. it's only going to get harder and harder to lose them. if you think your current plateau is bad, wait until you get to that last kg.

but seriously, what do you want from us OP? to encourage you daily and promise you that the pounds will start flying off again?
you have no valid reason to even be discouraged. it's not like you went to a doctor and he told you that you're physically unable to continue losing weight and that you'll be fat forever. your weight loss wasn't caused by cancer or by chance. you said yourself that it was due to hard work. it was hard work that made you lose the first 40 pounds, and it's going to take hard work to lose the next 40. nothing's changed, you've just decided to be a bitch halfway down the race.

if you give up now, I promise you you'll be back to your old weight before the year is out. just fucking put in the work. sometimes it's better to just close your eyes and go in blind. keep going even if you think you're getting nowhere. get used to working hard for the rest of your life because guess what happens once you reach your goal? you'll have to work hard to maintain your weight, because a fat ass always wants to go back to being a fat ass. that's why most people go back to their old weight. the weight they had was balanced around their lifestyle. they may lose weight temporarily, but if they're unwilling to change their lifestyle and make sacrifices their weight will balance back to their old weight.
>>
Lydia Greenfoot - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:35:47 EST 8cbgDxqC No.95774 Reply
1568133347980.png -(334470B / 326.63KB, 469x357) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95769
Think of it this way: a plateau is your body telling you to find another gear. Shift the fuck up.

No one said it was easy, it's not. Someone on a different board said the only way to guarantee failure is to give up

That resonated with me, maybe it will with you. You did 40 lbs, holy shit. Can you name anyone else in your life who's done that? No, really think about it. DO you know anyone else? Bet no one you know does either, except for you.

Just imagine how many people are waiting for you to fail so they can feel better about themselves/superior. Holy shit, you want to give them the satisfaction? Lay they're smug asses out. Get that last 40. That's why you're here, right

You can do it, you've got indelibal proof that you can lose 40 lbs.

Also never mind the haters, most of us are decent people who don't mind giving deserved encouragement when it's appropriate.
>>
Ernest Crendleson - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 19:00:50 EST +GP6+2GC No.95777 Reply
>>95774
>you've got indelibal proof that you can lose 40 lbs.

aside from the spelling that fucking blew my mind, never thought to look at weight loss that way. brilliant.
>>
Doris Gushbure - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 17:18:21 EST lgQ23zdA No.95780 Reply
1568323101101.jpg -(143646B / 140.28KB, 1240x1635) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95739
Also, fix plateaus right quick with a two day fast. Then when you eat again, eat ONLY protein (within your daily calories) and I mean only, for the following two days. Alternate between cans of tuna, chicken breast, and steak until you want to die.

I basically guarantee you this will break your plateau, although it's rough AF. Great for cutting.
>>
David Gabbleham - Sat, 14 Sep 2019 13:49:39 EST Wc4dfmYk No.95786 Reply
1568483379330.jpg -(161865B / 158.07KB, 1080x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95774

Listen tp this man, this waver of words. It's an honor to be in the presence of such encouragement. Speak on, this man, for you speak the will of the gods!
>>
Hedda Pubblefud - Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:23:50 EST 38UTzYyc No.95788 Reply
>>95774
I hope I didn't come across as a hater (I'm >>95773)... I guess my method of trying to motivate OP failed, and for that I'm sorry.

Lydia is right OP. losing 40lbs is extraordinary. literally, it's not ordinary.
most people can't do that. some try, then fail and then they give up forever.
I'm 30 years old and I'm in the best shape of my life, and I'm surrounded by people around my age that have just given up. they reached their peak physique somewhere in their early twenties, got into a long term relationship probably and just let it all go. reach 20 and then it's downhill until death.
good enough for most people.

not you you, though. not for any of us here. that's why you are here, in the fitness community.
most people do not know what it's like to actualize/to realize their dreams.
well you do, or at least, you've gotten a taste of it. your goal is 80lbs total? you can blow past that if you want. you'll see once you get there, I promise.
>>
Henry Blennerwag - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 07:26:49 EST oThMOFha No.95789 Reply
1568546809658.jpg -(29482B / 28.79KB, 640x459) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95788
Your first post did sound a bit harsh off the bat, but it's cool you came back to rephrase more positively.

Oh god THIS
>I'm surrounded by people around my age that have just given up. they reached their peak and just let it all go

I have a co-worker who just turned 32 and has basically given up and devotes 100% of his life to working two jobs, and has ballooned in size. He's made a few half-hearted tries to diet, nothing sticks. He says it doesn't matter since his life is half over anyway. It blows my mind, but I'm more sad for him than anything else. Half over, at 32?? FFs, what a way to live your life.

Also, if you're in a relationship you absolutely have an obligation to maintain the physique you had when you first got together. If not, and you make no effort at all to fix it, don't be shocked if you're shown the door - girls AND guys.
>>
George Pennerdet - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 14:42:48 EST Wc4dfmYk No.95790 Reply
>>95788

>given up

It's pretty crazy how true this is. Out of all the people I've hanged out with in recent years and the 100+ coworkers at my job, I could safely bet that less than two dozen of them work out at all.

Physical fitness and a proper diet should be two of the most important things in a person's life. I remember seeing a web comic posted here a few times making a joke that you either live a poor lifestyle and die younger, or you spend an ass-load of effort being fit and merely wish that you were dead because of the effort. It's like, yeah it's not always easy or fun, but it's absolutely fucking worth it.

People are lazy, man. That's really what it comes down to. Some people will make any excuse to justify not having to put forth effort, but for those of us who have done the work and seen the results, we know that the only limit to our success is largely our lack of will. 40lbs is amazing OP. I'm really proud of you, seriously.
>>
Eliza Cippersidge - Mon, 16 Sep 2019 05:27:22 EST fsEMAeoq No.95793 Reply
1568626042889.jpg -(124635B / 121.71KB, 1080x1350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>95790
I hear you. Maintaining your body is more important than maintaining you car. I use this phrase often because I work at a car bodyshop and parts supplier.
Not many seem to get it though...
>>
Frederick Hudgetare - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:46:22 EST SLSl6wnl No.95804 Reply
>>95790
Oh this. I'm 34 and I've never been fitter or stronger. My nadir was 26 and I don't hope to be nearly so out of shape till I'm the other side of 70. I lost 140 pounds and as I said to OP no one noticed till 40 pounds in.

I work in an office where people stay in shape. I think a lot of people give up when they have kids, that's the big one. It's definitely not always logistically possible to be remain statuesque and super ripped but people just use it as an excuse to give up. I've seen people defeat it. They take it in turns to look after the kids most week evenings while the other works out or attends a dance class or plays football or whatever.

A lot of people who peak in their early 20s are the ones who actually never did try though. As soon as they stop playing sports or get a sedentry job or walk to work or there's cakes on offer that's it. I work with the fire service and they introduced fitness classes and regular tests because even firefighters would get fat. And then they'd die in fires as a result. They work 4 on 4 off so having fitness sessions and a standard forces them. Whereas previously they'd come out of basic training in amazing shape and then lose it. I'm not a firefighter but I can pass their fitness tests.

I hate the idea of "trapping" someone or being trapped. I don't expect that someone match my fitness but that they don't turn into a piece of crap is important. I want to enjoy fucking them and looking at them and not feel like I can't go anywhere because the walk is too far and I want them to really want my dick at all times. I also don't want to die young. Oh and the lady I'm seeing, the first time I pinned her arms down while fucking she actually realised how helpless she was and came there and then, all that strength has function it turns out.
>>
Hedda Bleddletodge - Fri, 18 Oct 2019 17:01:56 EST 5pjh94bs No.95857 Reply
>>95739
My coworker yesterday asked if I noticed anything different about him, and I didn't. He said he lost 8 pounds or something so I was like that's great dude!
But he is a kind of rotund guy so that's probably why I didn't notice.
Don't worry OP, strangers aren't going to notice changes sometimes. All that matters is that you notice and have changed in a positive way! Way to fucking go dude. That's quite an accomplishment. It's important to understand that you did this, and you have control over your body. I'm happy for you!
>>
Nathaniel Sipperfack - Sat, 19 Oct 2019 18:24:22 EST lU/GBkzt No.95858 Reply
>>95739
One thing. Have you brought up that you exercise to these people? Maybe if you did they would see cause to comment on it, it would be on their radar. People can't see everything at all times, there's a lot of concerns people have on their own. I wish people were omniscient, but we're just not there. We're gonna have to carry on somehow outside of that kind of fantasy. Maybe it is possible. lol
Congratulations anyway on losing 40 pounds. That's a good accomplishment. It's not easy. I am sure you put work into it. It's a testament to your abilities as a person. Maybe there's other things you can do in your life. I hope you take advantage more of your capabilities, that would certainly impact more things in the world, maybe too much, and people would flare up with jealousy, and nobody wants that. lol Jealous people existing to make decisions based on jealousy. People have their own personalities, for sure, it's clear what manifests when they're around. I would not strive to live around jealous people of all people, though.
>>
Rebecca Baggledock - Sun, 20 Oct 2019 01:50:18 EST I6hKwjD9 No.95859 Reply
1571550618912.jpg -(70653B / 69.00KB, 1121x706) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Dude you have a partner who cares about you and encourages you to become healthier. You are luckier than you realize.
>>
Phoebe Nellerhall - Sun, 20 Oct 2019 03:10:53 EST 1EH0dLwW No.95860 Reply
ONLY YOU ARE IMPORTANT. EVERYBODY ELSE IS AN OPINION.

SOLIPSISM
>>
Rebecca Buzzhall - Fri, 01 Nov 2019 01:10:58 EST VYRh7b+b No.95886 Reply
>>95739
get fucked poser

being healthy is not about being noticed its about being a bouncher and kicking people out of clubs and nuckle tattoos
>>
Sophie Hurringshaw - Fri, 01 Nov 2019 08:03:19 EST GthSYEW2 No.95890 Reply
>>95886
Guys who believe this always end up in jail.
>>
Charles Cebberwell - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 14:54:13 EST mtbw+/4S No.95959 Reply
>>95780
just eat like hat all the time, maybe a bit more fat too

why would you willingly consume any carbs, the only macronutrient that has the possibility of converting to fat in your body, when youre trying to get rid of fat?

im not trying to be some keto supremacist here but it works in a very straight forward way
>>
Edwin Drashham - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 06:49:46 EST 9XtIQOYc No.96006 Reply
>>95739
Fuck errybody else, it's you who knows!
Great job bud, keep it up and show em
>>
Esther Sallypadging - Wed, 01 Jan 2020 18:42:17 EST d+Z43Ryj No.96007 Reply
>>95959
Stuff like green veg is carbs and you should absolutely eat a little. They aren't high calories though, it's not like crisps, or cakes or refined carbs. Or even nuts. A couple of portions of green veg, maybe some carrot, the odd onion or cabbage, etc has 2 significant benefits and you only need a couple of hundred calories worth per day.

>micronutrients
>fibre
That second one though. If you're lifting weights a lot and not eating veg you're going to strain a lot. This is how you get piles. Or rather it's how I get piles.

>why you would willing consume carbs
Because treating piles is miserable but piles are worse. Licking a wax bullet, shoving it up your arse and then sitting on a wadge of tissues to catch the molten shitwax is better than piles. But a portion of cabbage, brocolli peas and carrots maybe the odd mushroom with your meal is preferable to either option.

Eat less than you burn. Unless you're epileptic keto doesn't have any super powers beyond avoiding empty refined carbs and THOSE are the real issue.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.