Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Gym stuff

- Fri, 21 Feb 2020 13:44:59 EST J0XGIF4T No.96084
File: 1582310699725.jpg -(1745153B / 1.66MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Gym stuff
This thread is going to kinda be scattered when it comes to what topic I want to discuss here, lot's of questions.

1.) Do you dedicate an entire day to cardio or do you mix in a little cardio with everything else at the gym all in one day?

2.) Post-workout meals, protein shakes, protein dense meals, what do you eat and how important is it, Iv'e heard mixed opinions about how soon after a workout you should consume protein.

3.) What kind of shoes do you wear to the gym?

4.) For those who work full-time jobs, how do you make time during the week to visit the gym enough? Also, how many days a week is "enough" for you?

(Pic is from a hike last summer, sorta unrelated)
>>
Esther Turveystock - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:49:06 EST Wc4dfmYk No.96086 Reply
1582318146106.jpg -(70336B / 68.69KB, 623x345) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>96084

I almost always split my cardio days from my strength days, and usually substitute a leg day here and there for a cardio day jogging.

It depends how busy I am whether I get the bulk of my post work protein from powder or a solid cooked meal. I try to get a lot of protein from varied sources, seeds, seafood, cheese, eggs especially. I try to eat 2-3 servings of vegetables and 1-2 servings of fruit a day, depending on how busy I am to be able to make all of my meals. I try to eat at least 30 grams of protein within 20-30 minutes after working out, after I'm done cooking, or had a moment to settle. 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day for body building/strength training.

I have a bench and bars, weights, bells, etc. etc. at home and exercise in socks, unless I'm jogging of course, which point I wear a pair of reeboks.

I work anywhere from 55-60 hours a week right now and have added an extra rest day here and there to compensate, which is actually good because I'm pretty sure I was overdoing it when I had more free time. Luckily I can lift at home, so I don't have to go to a gym, but I've always heard you have to force yourself to go as soon as you get off work, which is what I did with a friend, even after midnight, when I first started getting into strength training. I usually lift 3-4 times a week right now, but I don't always get enough cardio sessions as I would like. I'm very cardio light, and would at absolute most jog three times a week. Right now I'm usually jogging twice a week, which feels like the perfect amount for me personally.
>>
Matilda Blatherfield - Sun, 23 Feb 2020 14:50:08 EST F9re/7Nr No.96089 Reply
>>96084
  1. I used to be 14 stone stone @ 5'9 and ripped, may be 6% bf, visible abs, 18+inch arms but I did little to no cardio i found it really boring. I took steroids off and on.

2. I can't/won't cook so my meals were very basic. Chicken with seasoning, fish (tuna mainly), cheese, eggs, nuts, bacon, protein shakes after workout and during the day. I used to know a dude who'd set his alarm to wake him up during the night for protein shakes lol. He competed at amateur level.

3. Just regular running shoes.

4. I trained each muscle once per week, 12 sets each, 8-12 reps but did heavy deadlifts for a rep to see what i could do. I trained in the evenings at a gym after work for 1 to 1.5 hours. I trained between 3 and 5 times a week.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.