Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

are squats enough?

- Tue, 23 Mar 2021 21:10:55 EST AeyAJnNP No.96678
File: 1616548255401.jpg -(28716B / 28.04KB, 640x393) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. are squats enough?
Hey i got a squat rack in my apartment and its all I workout with. Ive been going hard for 4 months now and noticing really nice changes in my upper body. I can do two exersizes for every muscle group with just a rack and barbell, but for lower body I can only do squats. No leg press or leg curls. Am i missing an exercise I can do? Are just squats enough? Starting to notice a skip leg day vibe, but i squat twice a week.
>>
Nigel Wadgefoot - Tue, 23 Mar 2021 22:28:10 EST NBJ/FElz No.96679 Reply
Yes.
With the equipment you have, you're missing deadlift (or at least rack pull if you're worried about noise), lunge (including side lunge), good mornings, calf raises, and barbell hip extensions as barbell weighted exercises for your legs.

If you want muscle hypertrophy specifically, squat in a hypertrophic set range: 6x6, 7x5, 8x4, or 10x3.

If you really want to feel like you're dying but also see huge increase, memeshit programs like Smolov will have you squatting something like 75-90% your ORM per exercise and include >80squats per week, but it's pretty much strictly for those tapped out on noob gains.
>>
Sidney Shittingson - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:34:19 EST 4F7T8XLA No.96711 Reply
You can only do 5 fundamental, compound movements
>upper body push
>upper body pull
>squat
>hinge
>carry
There is no need for accessory work as long as you're doing the first 4, carries are not required but highly suggested. Instead of doing squats and only squats, I like to use a yoke and prowler on different days. You can buy or weld your own prowler as long as you have your own weights, instead of buying a yoke I would just use yoke straps.

With exclusively the equipment you have now, I particularly like Romanian deadlifts for beginners as it helps them to understand what it feels like to properly engage the glutes and hamstrings. Along the same idea, I suggest sets of 20 on squats. Once SS is complete, I will typically have friends whom I coach (I do not coach professionally) do 3x3 @RPE9, 1x20 in squats twice a week until they stop seeing significant progress in the set of 20. I personally went from a 315 to 405 1RM in 6 weeks this way. After your first set of 20, you will feel glutes and hams in ways you never have before and understand my suggestion, but this is not meant to be done with light weight. Lastly, I've seen a lot of benefit from snatch-grip deadlifts but I'd be hesitant to recommend it to most people.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.