Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
Dead Skunk Removal by Cornelius Sandleford - Sat, 25 Nov 2017 20:57:09 EST ID:iS9vohX5 No.33590 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1511661429338.png -(1220443B / 1.16MB, 864x1016) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1220443
Hello /ani/

I have a problem. Last week, a poor dying skunk crawled its way into a space beneath one of the side doors of my house. There's a basement window down there as well. It fell into this ditch and was basically spraying itself continuously for a whole night. The next morning it smelled in the whole house and my mom thought it was a gas leak of some kind, until eventually they found the dying skunk in the ditch by the side of the house, took it out and it was taken away.

So even though the skunk never got into the house, it was so close to the window and door and sprayed so much, it still smells, about a weel later. We have gone to town with scented candles and deodorizers, and I am thinking about nuking the whole house with ozium soon. The smell mostly covereg, but there are still a few pockets where it is noticeable, near the stairs and corners of a few rooms. And outside near the ditch, the smell is still quite pungent.

I am wondering if anyone has any sort of advice dealing with this? (honestly not sure if this is the right board, any suggestions are welcome if you think there might be a better place to post this)

My biggest concern is that the skunk sprayed so much in the ditch, that it might require some sort of more advanced/professional chemical removal. I don't want to nuke the whole house with ozium if the source of the problem is not going to go away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading, /ani/
>>
Lillian Bledgecocke - Sun, 26 Nov 2017 08:20:19 EST ID:2sYh08NV No.33591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
haha that sucks man, i dont know what to tell you. i dont think anyone on this board is a skunk stench removal expert. i would nuke the spot where it died with ozium or oxy clean or bleach or something. maybe all 3. then ozium the shit out of the rest of the house.
>>
Jenny Cobbletadging - Mon, 27 Nov 2017 09:24:20 EST ID:2sYh08NV No.33592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i remember on the rugrats when one of the kids got sprayed with a skunk they made them take a bath in tomato juice, maybe you should spray tomator juice where the skunk died
>>
Alice Siffingwurk - Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:37:35 EST ID:Yxi2vAbE No.33593 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33590
It'll fade eventually
My granny used to live in the fucking swamp so skunks and possums and shit were common pests
Can't count how many time her fucking dog got sprayed and it hit the wood paneling. Give it a few weeks, if it doesn't fade, replace the brick/wood/ whatever and give it a fresh coat of paint, should do the trick.
All the storiest about tomato/clamato juice baths/home remedies are bullshit. Biological things will stop smelling after a few days, houses/wood will usually stop smelling after about a month tops (depends on the wood, humidity, heat, etc)
>>
Lydia Buzzfield - Thu, 21 Dec 2017 06:51:20 EST ID:AP9MVg+L No.33620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33592
Tomato juice does not work
>>
Alice Brablingpirk - Sat, 03 Feb 2018 04:31:34 EST ID:T3WUfvXM No.33673 Ignore Report Quick Reply
/chem mingh have some ideas, but what I'd try is some generic cleaning spray and paper towels on surfaces in affected areas.
>>
James Songerford - Sat, 03 Feb 2018 19:25:13 EST ID:W5I5UXRT No.33674 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1517703913758.jpg -(12163B / 11.88KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Eat huge amounts of beans and shit, get your ass in the same place where the skunk was trapped and fart till the smell of your farts replaces the smell of the skunk.
>>
David Crollywill - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 18:38:38 EST ID:T3WUfvXM No.33710 Ignore Report Quick Reply
blaze it until it smells more like weed than farts
>>
Emma Pashson - Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:40:27 EST ID:N2B/3D80 No.33718 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33620
I was under the impression the acicity of tomato juice helps nuetralize the active skunk enzyme air freshiner. As irt does actually do something. Eh, for dogs or pets that get sprayed I wouldn't see that it would not help.
>>
Eliza Bengerhood - Wed, 07 Mar 2018 01:44:36 EST ID:uAlfUiGN No.33731 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Supposedly Dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda mixed together is the only thing that actually works.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.