Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich


Help my Dog

Reply
- Sun, 08 Apr 2018 20:05:53 EST IxM6UPAD No.33763
File: 1523232353917.jpg -(34899B / 34.08KB, 640x511) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Help my Dog
Hello,

I have a purebred miniature dachshund. He is about 5 years old. A few nights ago I heard him barking at an animal (probably a stray cat) from the patio, but heard no signs of struggle or fighting. I went out to tell him to stop and shoo him inside. Now for the past few days he is having trouble jumping through the doggy-door and occasionally wheezes when he breathes. He seems tender on his 6th or 7th left rib, an inch or two down from his spine. About 10% of the time that I pick him up he yelps in pain, the other 90% he seems fine. Today when I picked him up I felt one of his ribs crack. (very tiny subtle little crack like a joint subtly popping). Right now I suspect one of his ribs may have been, or still is, partially dislocated. I do not think it is a disc issue, as he does not react when I flex or extend his spine, and palpating along the spinal column's intervertebral spaces had no reaction. The only time he yelps is occasionally when I pick him up, or I press that spot on his rib. I am not able to go to a vet until Tuesday, any thoughts or suggestions? I did the best I could to massage and soften up the muscles on his back and rib cage, and they definitely aren't spasming like they were before, and he seemed to walk a little easier when I was done.
>>
Lydia Sennerwedging - Sun, 08 Apr 2018 21:37:56 EST X4w8vjWE No.33764 Reply
dachshunds are very predisposed to having back issues due to how long they are

try not to let the dog jump up on furniture or climb stairs or anything like that until you do see a vet.
>>
Beatrice Fanfield - Tue, 10 Apr 2018 20:32:50 EST IxM6UPAD No.33765 Reply
I got a mobile vet service with a working X-ray machine in their van to come by and X-ray him. Nothing seems broken, no cancerous growths visible. He seems to be getting better and hasn't yelped when I picked him up since I made the post. Hopefully the pupper will keep on truckin' in this doggy dog world.

Report Post
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.