Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

How do I draw like this?

- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:00:20 EST 5FoQtVch No.53351
File: 1544554820833.png -(939705B / 917.68KB, 720x664) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How do I draw like this?
This is my absolute favorite type of art, the image is by this guy Rafael Araujo. I don't know what it's called, golden ratio? Geometric? Divine geometry? I have no idea, but I want to be able to draw stuff like this, obviously I won't be on his level, but I'd like to get started. Where can I find some good tutorials and what materials do I need beyond pen, paper and a drawing compass?

http://www.rafael-araujo.com/about-me
>>
Angus Hovingbick - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:37:16 EST Sm1PsOXM No.53353 Reply
Try emailing him and ask if he'll teach you.
>>
Nigel Binnerford - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 02:46:06 EST IQGWs/Wm No.53354 Reply
>>53351
>I don't know what it's called, golden ratio? Geometric? Divine geometry?

Kitsch?

You can buy a cog system from amazon for about $10 OP that can get you started on the sacred geometry stuff, all you gotta do is put the small cog int he big cog, put a pencil or pen in the small cog and move it around the big cog.

Specifically to do what Rafael does, its basically just technical drawing except instead of drawing a circuitboard hes drawing a spiral or s similarly kitschy symbol.

Heres a video explaining what you'd need to get started.

If you ask me Rafael went to engineering school because "it pays good" then in his first couple of years smoked weed and maybe did some psychedelics and realised he could do tech sketches of these motifs.

Hope that helps! good luck!
>>
Jack Pittforth - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:57:01 EST rmzgT987 No.53356 Reply
Oh nice, cheers man. So basically the style is technical drawing, cool thanks a bunch
>>
Nigel Binnerford - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:20:05 EST IQGWs/Wm No.53359 Reply
>>53356

Yeah, its not 100% it but its definitely a development from technical/engineering drawing. Hes added his own little flairs to it but the foundations in technical drawing are pretty solid.

There are loads of classes around as well, it shouldn't be too hard to do your own thing in a similar vein.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.