[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord #Drugs Channel Now Open

Philosophically speaking

- Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:56:17 EST TSI3ZzDW No.4921474
File: 1573250177589.jpg -(393259B / 384.04KB, 900x595) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Philosophically speaking
What are the benefits and disadvantages of Boston from a New Yorker?
>>
MartinBlatherwater.asm - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:08:00 EST 0KCNs8qo No.4921479 Reply
>>4921474
From a midwesterner, both places will give you lung cancer, mental disorders, turn you into an asshole, and probably get you mugged.
>>
Toral - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:18:22 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921483 Reply
Nobody would move to boston unless they've already been hired at some high-paying tech job. It's *much* smaller than NYC, less diverse, and worse transit. You think the MTA is bad? It is. But at least it's extensive, and runs 24/7. The T is utter shit. Traffic is utter shit, and the drivers are terrible. NYC drivers are aggressive and honk a lot. But there's order in NYC. Boston? Just a sea of assholes. There's no honor when driving in boston.

The only advantage to Boston is if you have the right degree/connections, you can get a great job.

Just imagine paying manhattan prices for a much smaller city, without decent public transit an even earlier last call and more yuppies
>>
Toral - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:21:35 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921486 Reply
>>4921479
>From a midwesterner
>being scared of getting mugged in nyc or bosotn
LOL. People from chicago, detroit, gary, st louis, kansas city, and any city in ohio would laugh at you. Then mug your soft ass
>>
MartinBlatherwater.asm - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 17:40:42 EST 0KCNs8qo No.4921498 Reply
>>4921486
Not scared, just aware. Still, doubtful. Big cities tend to be shitholes, and I prefer my shitholes to be out in the middle of the woods. Def wouldnt go to Chicago or Detroit, too much AIDs and Ive heard it's illegal to shoot a cocksucker for mugging you there. Not my scene.
>>
Maid Fanny - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:34:45 EST Oj7DN42n No.4921513 Reply
Lived in NYC for 20 years, never got mugged.

I think a few times people might have tried, but you need to have that: “I’m not waking into this dangerous situation / if I have to in just going to walk at cruising speed with my eyes dead center, not going to interact with anyone, ignore any attempt of some unknown person to get my attention at all costs”

Funny story, one time I was walking exactly like described above, going to the gym at night some seemingly random African American gentleman dressed in a very urban outfit starts saying: “hey man!” clearly referring to me. My instincts kick in and I immediacy start walking faster and faster with more and more purpose. Usually they stop bugging you as you walk past by but this guy was very persistent and started coming after me. Then I saw all the people on the street started staring at me like I was doing something wrong.

It turns out they were filming some scene just ahead (which was hard to see from my angle) and the African American gentleman was tasked with stoping people from walking into it.
>>
Toral - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:37:33 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921514 Reply
>>4921498
>Not scared, just aware.
Aware of what? the 80's? You aint aware of shit.

>, too much AIDs
use condoms and don't share needles
>Ive heard it's illegal to shoot a cocksucker for mugging you there
Why are you so scared of muggings? Little bitch
>>
Elijah Joy - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 20:40:29 EST T3m+iT/b No.4921548 Reply
>>4921498
Can attest to Chicago being one of the worst "vibe" big cities in the US as someone who has traveled to every part of it. Rude entitled ignorant assholes. Soulless scumfuckery. Fuck Chicago.
>>
Ric Flair - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 20:50:04 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921553 Reply
>>4921548
Fuck you. Chicago fucking rules.
> Rude entitled ignorant assholes
only in the rich parts of the northside, and the cop parts of the southside. The rest of it are nice, real fuckin people.
>Soulless scumfuckery.
bullshit
> Fuck Chicago.
Eat a dick
>>
Jonah Hill - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 20:54:28 EST AhfA3TCi No.4921555 Reply
>>4921553
He's right tho, You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, then Chicago
>>
Smoke Moar - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 21:02:36 EST fC9sWvDt No.4921559 Reply
>>4921556
Not only that but he also specified that the north and the south of the city at least is full of assholes. So pretty much he agrees about half the city anyway.
>>
Ric Flair - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 21:12:06 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921561 Reply
>>4921556
I'm from the east coast. I know assholes. I am one. Chicagoans are chill. You're probably a west coast pussy that can't hang.

>>4921559
Nah, dude. Just the RICH parts of the northside, and the COP parts of the southside.

>>4921555
Did fox news tell you that? Is your only frame of reference a fucking starwars planet?
>>
Elijah Joy - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 21:17:44 EST T3m+iT/b No.4921564 Reply
>>4921561
At least in Boston, Providence, Phillie, NYC etc they have human decency. People from Chicago don't seem to give a fuck about anything or anyone. A blight on the world. Purge it I say, PURGE
>>
Alec Mason - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 21:32:01 EST +s1jREfL No.4921574 Reply
>>4921564
Aren't Boston and Phillie super racist, corrupt, drunk and disproportionately Irish in comparison to the rest of the country too? I'm not saying Chicago isn't but I always imagined those 2 cities as just the exact same attitude as Chicago but just smaller so they don't get a bad rap. Camden was the murder capital for most of the 2000's and it's way smaller than Chicago and basically part of the Philadelphia metro area. The other city that boomed up in the murder rate in that time period was West Palm Beach Florida and I don't see people saying they're scared to go there.

I'm more scared of the lunatics in places I won't hear about until some tragedy happens there that propels it to the national spotlight. Those places don't even have a giant aquarium where trained dolphins preform in a pool that directly overlooks a freshwater lake in defiance of god and nature.
>>
Ric Flair - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 22:30:44 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921587 Reply
>>4921564
> People from Chicago don't seem to give a fuck about anything or anyone
I think they're way nicer in chicago, compared to boston, providence, phillie and NYC. They've got that "midwest nice" thing going on.

Where the fuck were you in chicago? If you just saw the loop and river north, then of course you have a bad view of chicago

>>4921574
>Aren't Boston and Phillie super racist, corrupt, drunk and disproportionately Irish in comparison to the rest of the country too
LOL @ including "irish" on that list of negatives.

Chicago is also wicked racist, corrupt and drunk. and the "southside irish" are a thing (Daleys are irish). They also die the fucking river green because they're awful people. But the good chicagoans are just drunks (and sometime irish). They're good people.

>>4921570
Oh damn.
>>
Camper Jenny - Fri, 08 Nov 2019 22:36:01 EST e/cj6T2T No.4921590 Reply
1573270561289.jpg -(120587B / 117.76KB, 640x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I think I can speak to this thread.

I grew up in Chicago and lived downtown from 2008-2018. I loved every minute of it and ran into issues less than a handful of times.
Chicago's worst issue is the winter, but there is no better city to get acquainted with. The trains and streets work well, and the suburban sprawl is made of several different worlds. The City itself is made up of several neighborhoods, each of a different cultural identity and valuable experience. To not die, pay attention to Heyjackass.com to know what sites are hot, and therefore avoidable. The food is incredible, the people are great, the jobs are plenty, the music is world-class, and there is NEVER NOTHING TO DO. 11/10 city would retire there comfortably.

I moved to Boston a year ago, to work in a specific industry to that area. I live comfortably in an expensive part of the city and love it. It is a small, 1700's city with a 2100 focus. The cape, Maine, the berkshires, Newport, the whole area is as small as the greater Chicago area. My life is healthier, weed is legal, and the weather is about the same. Boston is a beautiful taste of colonial America where you can work in an industry that will change the future, and if you can work smart you can do EXTREMELY well for yourself. 8/10 because of traffic and the T.
>>
Ric Flair - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 00:01:29 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921597 Reply
>>4921590
>Chicago's worst issue is the winter
When everybody is seasonally depressed and drinks a ton? Hell yah. It's terrible.
>The trains and streets work well,
The L has its flaws, but it's only second to the MTA in NYC. And even then, it has a ton of advantages to the MTA. It's less extensive, but generally on-time. Worst part is only the red and blue are 24 hour. But it's great. I also feel way less clausterphobic since it's mostly above ground.

The streets are awesome, too. The grid system is king, and covers way more area than manhattan's grid system.

>the suburban sprawl is made of several different worlds.
Several levels of hell. Love chicago and some of the suburbs, but most of chicagoland is fucking suburban hell.

> To not die, pay attention to Heyjackass.com to know what sites are hot
Fuck that website. fearmongering
>he food is incredible, the people are great, the jobs are plenty, the music is world-class, and there is NEVER NOTHING TO DO. 11/10 city would retire there comfortably.
FUCK YEAH

>I moved to Boston a year ago, to work in a specific industry to that area.
LOL This is exactly what I said. Only reason somebody moves to boston is because they got a job in one of the booming industries.

>The cape, Maine, the berkshires, Newport, the whole area is as small as the greater Chicago area.
Yeah, New England is dope.

>8/10 because of traffic and the T.
Right? They're fucking garbage. Oldest subway in the US, and they still haven't figured it out. They spent $16 billion on the big dig, and it did absolutely nothing for traffic. If they invested that money in the T instead, Boston would so much better.
>>
Phineas Nollkeif - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 06:22:39 EST B4Jy0NWN No.4921631 Reply
>>4921597
These posts remind me how much the east coast fucking sucks and how I'm glad not to be living there again. Nice for a visit though.
>>
Bernard-Ferdinand Lyot - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:20:44 EST HFHUv8bS No.4921696 Reply
1573327244466.jpg -(105320B / 102.85KB, 600x585) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4921631

Assuming you're referring to cities, cities are absolute garbage and I don't know why anybody would actively choose to live in one when they could be in a rural environment, surrounded by the glorious beauty of nature.

That said, the east coast is home to the glorious Appalachian range, something I would enjoy hiking through. Tbh though the west coast has more beautiful and diverse nature. Arizona is tots smappy
>>
Russel Hulse - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:28:17 EST Chr3HTu6 No.4921701 Reply
>>4921696
Some of us like to see people and do shit, hayseed. I wonder why anyone would live in a rural hellscape and have to commute to the nearest liquor store when they could live in walking distance of a bar.
>>
Alec Mason - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:28:41 EST +s1jREfL No.4921704 Reply
>>4921696
Most rural areas aren't "nature" they are miles and miles of farms, ranches and shitty trailer courts and scrub land. There are like 3 scenic parts of Arizona and the rest literal desert trash methy bikers and pisas in a flat, dusty, hot plain. I'd rather be in Tempe ogling college pussy than in some shit hole in the desert waiting for the one semi fuckable chick in town that never moved to start her shift at the gas station.
>>
Arik Soong - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 14:32:14 EST CuSe5pk0 No.4921706 Reply
>>4921696
You know how I can tell you live in the suburbs? That's what you think rural life is like.
>>
Ernest Picklecheck - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 15:58:22 EST U4jFhYzV No.4921721 Reply
I've never even been to nyc but I lived in Boston, near the city core, and if you can afford it it's fantastic. A bit too many yuppie hipsters. Get a $1500 noce apartnent in Allston and go to the huge college parties. It's like an hour walk all the way from Allston to Chinatown. I've never lived in another metropolitan, but sometimes I think I'd like to move back to Boston.
>>
Jamie Oliver - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:21:40 EST 0KCNs8qo No.4921796 Reply
>>4921514
Ok? Being legally allowed to defend myself by whichever means I prefer make me scared? Drop the crack. AIDs can be metaphorical. Chicago is expensive and full of rude people. Aware that being in the wrong place at the wrong time can get me shot. So far this yeah, over 2300 people have been shot, according to the Chicago Tribune. Weird how one of the most lefty cities in the US with the most gun control has so many shootings. Didn't they ban gun stores from the city limits?
>>
Seamus - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:39:36 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921804 Reply
>>4921796
>Being legally allowed to defend myself by whichever means I prefer make me scared?
You're a bitch and you're scared. Yeah. You're the type of dumb fuck that visits river north, then talks about how you were in "chiraq". Kill yourself.

>. Chicago is expensive and full of rude people.
Chicago is the third biggest city in the US, but way cheaper than NYC, LA, boston, philly, sF... It's cheap for the quality of life.

And the people aren't rude. You don't know shit
> Aware that being in the wrong place at the wrong time can get me shot.
You're a little bitch boy

> Weird how one of the most lefty cities in the US with the most gun control has so many shootings. Didn't they ban gun stores from the city limits?
chicago borders Indiana, which has extremely liberal gun laws. I don't even give a fuck about gun control. But that's why chicago has tons of guns. Indiana is RIGHT there.

You're such a little bitch.
>>
Bernard Loiseau - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 22:43:08 EST Sw4EF+pD No.4921806 Reply
>>4921796
West Palm Beach has more murders per capita and that's right next to Mar-a-lago. All of Arkansas is a scary shit hole. Most of America is a shithole but you only know the names of "lefty cities" because they are the only ones that actually matter.

Chicago has small areas where it's dangerous to be a black or latino teenager. There is a very specific kind of violence and it's pretty contained. People with a certain agenda shed crocodile tears for the people that inflate that murder statistic when it's conventint but fantasize about being in a scenario where they could legally murder those same people and be lauded as heros, which goes hand in hand with the "they can rob you and give you aids and you can't defend yourself" boogie man.

Those cities are better than 95% of the US. Unless you have money and live somewhere scenic that keeps out the heroin addicts a majority of the US is shitty, especially the lower 48.

Whatever tractor pull and cousin swap they have going on in Bumbledy-fuck, Flyover state, "real" U.S.A. isn't noteworthy to anyone outside of a 15 mile radius.
>>
Vladamir Fistputin - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:17:39 EST vDf+CLGz No.4921818 Reply
>>4921804
Gary, Indiana!
What a wonderful name,
Named for Elbert Gary of judiciary fame.
Gary, Indiana, as a Shakespeare would say,
Trips along softly on the tongue this way--
Gary, Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary, Indiana,
Let me say it once again.
Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana, Gary, Indiana,
That's the town that "knew me when."
If you'd like to have a logical explanation
How I happened on this elegant syncopation,
I will say without a moment of hesitation
There is just one place
That can light my face.
>>
Jamie Oliver - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:31:49 EST 0KCNs8qo No.4921824 Reply
>>4921804
Big talk for a stranger on an anonymous messageboard lol.
I'm the type of dumbfuck who wouldn't go to Chicago in the first place, like I said, not my scene, and I can make better hotdogs, pierogi and pizza at home.
For someone claiming Chicago isn't full of rude people, you sure do come across as a self-important, rude, hard drug addicted asshole.
Chicago was full of guns before the bans, they would be useless even without Indiana or the rest of Illinois.
>>4921806 Florida, as a state, is insane, nothing but big cities and swampland. I can't actually think of any big city that I would really call conservative. Arkansas isn't that bad if you stay away from the big cities and don't mix with tweakers, just like Missouri or TN. Oklahoma is a verifiable shithole and possibly the saddest state, just a depressing place besides how beautiful it gets in the deep woods. Lots of racism from every color, against every color there though.
We don't care about being noteworthy, we just want to do work we're happy with and proud of. Small areas where it's dangerous to be a certain color teenager? According to Chicago Tribune's map it's all areas of the city but concentrated in South side and West side. You think these people were fantasizing about legal murder? That's just disgusting. The woman who had 3 guys break into her house would've ended up robbed, maybe even killed and raped if you had control over gun laws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMol7Jtn8p4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QesUgAjVsE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw4B_XbW7ds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK4h_7YZHWE
>>
>>
Seamus - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:42:10 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921827 Reply
>>4921824
>For someone claiming Chicago isn't full of rude people, you sure do come across as a self-important, rude, hard drug addicted asshole.
I'm a new england asshole in love with chicago.
.Chicago was full of guns before the bans, they would be useless even without Indiana or the rest of Illinois.
What are you even trying to say? Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Anyway, you're still a little scared bitch. I hope you shoot a loved one in the middle of the night, because you thought they were a home intruder
>>
WalterMurdhood.hqx - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:44:02 EST e/cj6T2T No.4921828 Reply
>>4921827
Seconding how amazing Chicago is.
Go there if you dont believe us.
>>
Jamie Oliver - Sat, 09 Nov 2019 23:55:11 EST 0KCNs8qo No.4921829 Reply
1573361711059.jpg -(12483B / 12.19KB, 200x273) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4921827
Ok? The bans would be useless even if Indiana or the rest of Illinois followed suit. You're right that you're a new england asshole, I've only met a couple of people from that area who weren't. You're such a big man, shit talking some guy on the internet. Home intruder would most likely run when the dog starts up. The one time that someone did try to get in, he ran off when he realized people were home. Have fun doing whatever you're doing, big show.
>>
Seamus - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 00:01:22 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921834 Reply
>>4921829
> You're right that you're a new england asshole, I've only met a couple of people from that area who weren't.
Hellz yah. That's just how we roll
>You're such a big man, shit talking some guy on the internet.
Nah. That's the thing. I'm a fuckin faggot, but have no problems in chicago
>Have fun doing whatever you're doing, big show.
LOL. I'm drinking obviously. wicked fucked up that I hope you shoot a family member. I don't really mean that. But it's possible. Careful out there, gunslinger

I don't really have a problem with guns, either. buy the discourse with regards to chitown is garbage
>>
Seamus - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 00:04:56 EST jqcGpNBF No.4921839 Reply
>>4921828
Right? Chicago is amazing.

>>4921832
New england's gayness is one of the best parts about new england. We're gay as fuck. I don't even like it here, but at least we're gay as hell. I'd rather be in chicag. But I like that we're gayer here
>>
General Martok - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 13:50:08 EST 0uF3/SEN No.4921950 Reply
I lived in New York most of my life and I recently visited Boston. This might be biased by the areas of Boston I hung out in but the best way to describe it would be if you took all the most stuck up intelligent successful grown up people from New York and squeezed them into a small slice of Around half the size of manhattan and took the buildings and stores from the mid to lower east side.

There is an air of serious business, maturity and affluence in almost everyone you see.
>>
ArchieBlittingpeck.psp - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:04:14 EST HFHUv8bS No.4921951 Reply
1573412654063.jpg -(888095B / 867.28KB, 1600x1060) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4921701
>>4921704
>>4921706

I can feel the city rage seething within your frothing minds. Breathe the forest air, friends. Forget the cancerous, concrete jungle which you unjustly praise.
>>
Morn - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:48:24 EST e/cj6T2T No.4922098 Reply
1573436904073.png -(304468B / 297.33KB, 435x437) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4921950
hi
you're correct and smart enough to bring yourself to these schools if you wanted to.

ALL OF YOU.
LISTEN.
YOU'RE SMART ENOUGH.

TAKE ALL THE SAT PREPCOURSES.
TAKE ALL THE TRANSFER COURSES ALLOWED.
APPLY FOR EVERY GOD DAMN FUCKING GRANTS.
GOD DAMN DO YOU HAVE THE BEST FUCKING DEAL EVER.
DO WHATEVER YOU FUCKING HAVE TO DO.
GET INTO A GOOD SCHOOL LIKE MIT OR HARVARD AND GET SOME REAL FUCKING GRANTS MOTHERFUCKERRRR
>>
Hedda Drevingkit - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 20:50:59 EST jqcGpNBF No.4922099 Reply
>>4922098
>GET INTO A GOOD SCHOOL LIKE MIT OR HARVARD AND GET SOME REAL FUCKING GRANTS MOTHERFUCKERRRR
We're all late 20s/30s here. We aint goin to MIT
>>
Donald Cerrone - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:19:15 EST nArjsrgJ No.4922108 Reply
>>4922099
You have significantly higher acceptance rates when you're older. They figure you're seasoned or actually serious and not doing it because you're lul18 and pushed into it since age 6 with hours of tutoring a week
>>
Alexander Rozhenko - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:21:23 EST HDS/67D2 No.4922109 Reply
>>4922108
That'z kinda neat. Especially if you could get the grantz to pay for it.

I hear that these days some schools are offering free tuition to people who meet certain requirements. Worth investigating for anyone who's thought the financial barrier is too great
>>
CorneliusSoblingchot.dev - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:26:37 EST +2KCkfDR No.4922111 Reply
1573439197169.jpg -(239922B / 234.30KB, 1037x767) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4922098
Study yourself to death, get in a good school, kill your self studying to make it to the top of your class, marry into a good family, kill yourselves impressing the in-laws, kill your Self getting a good job, have 2.5 kids kill yourself raising them right, become CEO kill yourself climbing up the ranks, kill yourself with stress and cancer and die at 65. Leave a large wealth that your lazy kids that never had to struggle waste on drugs and parties.

No thanks, I rather just play videogames and jerk off to anime in my parents basement.
>>
Abed Nadir - Mon, 11 Nov 2019 02:34:16 EST jm4MK6ZY No.4922176 Reply
1573457656967.jpg -(29957B / 29.25KB, 440x242) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4922166

I have a hard time actually synthesizing these two extremes and end up just waffling around doing nothing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.