[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

that boy needs therapy

- Wed, 25 Mar 2020 03:37:11 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977514
File: 1585121831737.gif -(653814B / 638.49KB, 473x292) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. that boy needs therapy
I’m a mental health therapist working in acute community care (I take crisis calls and do home visits for people who are having psychiatric emergency, sometimes have to take people to the hospital). I used to use a lot of drugs but much less in the last 6 years or so. I have my own history of trauma and I have a depressive disorder, so I kind of know what it’s like on both sides.

Sometimes when I’m going to the hospital with someone psychotic, a bunch of acid or meth or whatever will fall out of their pocket. and when that happens I think of all you cute little edgelords.

I’m really curious what your experience with mental health professionals was like, and how could it have been better? any advice for me when working with you?
>>
DorisCagglelag.pm6 - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 03:38:57 EST SG9lOms6 No.4977518 Reply
Just stop being an asshole
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 04:02:06 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977534 Reply
1585123326737.jpg -(1101729B / 1.05MB, 800x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977524
We’re trying to do follow up over the phone instead of in person whenever we can. some changes to social distancing and no touching (not like we touched before, but now I’m not gonna ask to physically look at someones meds like I used to, and I will try to not even sit in their house at all if I can help it). We have PPE if we need to see someone really sick (psychiatrically) who also has COVID symptoms.

We’re refusing to let people come into the walk-in clinic if they have COVID symptoms (we take walk-ins in the same building we take crisis calls) and ask them to call us instead so we can figure out how to meet them in the community or if the phone is enough (even though plenty of asymptomatic people can be spreading germs still).

Wiping down everything all the time, washing and sanitizing until hands are all dried up. Most of my coworkers are incredibly miserable and scared about catching COVID. since we have to work so closely with each other, people are being the germs police, and rightly so, but it gets out of hand and people are being assholes. I heard there was a yelling match between two of my coworkers the other day, but it was my day off.

Fortunately, where I live COVID is actually being handled really well, and the curve has been flattened a little bit, we have some community based transmission but most is still travel related at this point. but I don’t think we’re close to the top of the curve yet though.
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 04:09:32 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977537 Reply
>>4977524
oh also, when you take someone to the hospital now protective services will make you put on a mask and sanitize your hands as soon as you come through the door
>>
Jenny Beshbadge - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 05:05:20 EST I6X5jyBk No.4977547 Reply
Untrustworthy. I could spill my guts to you and you wouldn't bat an eye. You dont really care you're just here to feel better about yourself. Fuck you and your entire crew. I'd kill myself before I ever ask help from scum like you again.
>>
Caius Cosades - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 06:27:20 EST T4SpvBYn No.4977551 Reply
>>4977514
>a bunch of acid or meth or whatever will fall out of their pocket.
>fall out of their pocket
😉
>>
Nicolaus Copernicus - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:14:56 EST Seh+PELR No.4977574 Reply
OP is a liar and a troll. It's a pretty decent effort- almost convincing, were it not for the fact that you only actually need to be on the patient side to be able to come up with any of this. What's being described, however, is the job of a case manager in a Medicaid funded community behavioral health facility, not the job of a "mental health therapist". A case manager has mental health background, and may sometimes have worked as a counselor before, but they're never doing both jobs at once, especially not for the same patient (I've never heard of it working like that anyway, case managers have too many clients to be doing counseling also, and vice versa for counselors/actual psychologists). It's a well thought out set up, but gives itself away with over-sharing and unsolicited story telling.
6/10 I guess, I mean I replied
>>
Dr. Lewis Zimmerman - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:20:44 EST 08v020PO No.4977579 Reply
Every mental health professional I've met has been quite smug or pretentious, or both. They really believe they are on some greater mission to "help" people, although the help they offer is usually laughable bullshit or simply a prescription that hopefully will solve all of your woes. And anybody who walks out of a psychiatrist's office leaves with a laundry list of new "disorders" (anxiety, depression, bi-polar, etc.) and of course, many follow up appointments to manage their newfound problems.

It's an industry of quackery and bullshit. Any non-retarded person realizes this the moment a so-called "professional" begins to speak.
>>
HannahFondlewater.dll - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:56:25 EST 5Nj8SWhG No.4977599 Reply
>>4977574
Well, sounds like you got everything figured out, good job champ, bag em and tag em
>>
John Cena - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:01:19 EST R7z5GcXZ No.4977604 Reply
>>4977579
Testify!

Most people would be better off just getting an axe, chopping down a tree and going for a long walk rather than talking to a mental health professional.
>>
Sunny Rapekit - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:03:03 EST zVgCHF4g No.4977605 Reply
>>4977579
If you're going to a psychiatrist, you're going to get drugs and usually be treated abstractly. Of course they're going to be smug. They're doctors.

Ever tried just going to a normal therapist? People who are better trained to actually help?
>>
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:17:01 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977610 Reply
>>4977574
Have been insane for so long that you have just forgotten what sane even looks like?

What possible motive would OP have to lie about any of this? I mean this seriously; this isn't a 'why would someone lie on the internet' type thing, it really is the fact that there is absolutely no point in making any of this up.

>>4977579
Now THIS post is an obvious example of someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about and is making shit up for transparent motives. Nobody walks out of a 'psychiatrists' office with anything but an order for diagnostic testing, personality assessment, and extensive questionnaires, that is if they don't do those things at that same office, and it usually takes 2 days to complete all that and then another week to get your results that you and your doctor go over.

You post was so obviously written from the perspective of some messed up kid who got sent to therapy for torching cats or something. You hate people in positions of authority so it's no wonder you think them all smug and pretentious.
>>
Lingering Hotwaggle - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:18:52 EST 9vkhWhOP No.4977611 Reply
>>4977534
>We have PPE if we need to see someone really sick (psychiatrically) who also has COVID symptoms.

dude, you need it anytime you see anyone physically period whether they have symptoms or not.
>>
PhyllisClayhall.css - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:32:51 EST ZCEBz60X No.4977617 Reply
1585150371033.png -(166478B / 162.58KB, 500x306) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977610
  1. Calm yourself. Your response is disproportionate to the offense.
  2. It's to get attention.
>>
Marcel Boulestin - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:37:12 EST ZLi0zWLw No.4977619 Reply
>>4977611

That would deplete the PPE stockpile. Those need to be going to doctors, not chinese grandmothers walking their small dogs whilst coming into contact with nobody.
>>
Dome Ace Barnaby - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:38:48 EST 7JXWX72I No.4977621 Reply
1585150728606.jpg -(71010B / 69.35KB, 960x535) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
My experience with mental health professionals is they're the useless dregs of the middle class waltzing through a career of make work, low expectations and low accountability, with very little to no understanding of the day to day realities of living a life that isn't draped in privilege, and with a cozy smug aura around them because they're here to help and they have a cert from the government that says they know whats best.

I dunno if you're like that OP, that's just everyone I've been stuck with, speaking as someone with schizophrenia who's bounced around the system for years.
I guess my advice for you is try to bear in mind that everyone you deal with has a full life outside of their illness that has nothing to do with you or the healthcare system and that they probably resent having to have you inserted into it, and that your relationship with them is a professional one with a client, they don't need a friend they need you to actually follow through on your job description.
Don't fucking ever use coercion or threats of withheld service to get people to comply with you.

this goes more for the doctors and the long term case workers than crisis response guys like you but still.
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:49:51 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977629 Reply
The job of a prison guard isn't to protect inmates but to protect civilians from the people inside. OP, you're doing a good job because, unlike prison guards, your job is to protect your cases/patients from themselves.

Would you not induce vomiting in a dog who ate a bunch of chocolate just because the dog wont understand why you're doing it and thinks you're hurting them?
>>
Yoshi Tatsu - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:50:29 EST 3urjLEk1 No.4977630 Reply
>>4977621
>My experience with mental health professionals is they're the useless dregs of the middle class waltzing
Translation:
>every single one I talk to says that I need to quit drinking and drugging all the fucking time and I will NOT!!!
>>
Dome Ace Barnaby - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:03:00 EST 7JXWX72I No.4977632 Reply
>>4977630
I did quit drugging for several years while I was really heavily in the system

more like my case worker wouldn't stop talking about how he takes the extra time to walk to work every day and how much better he's feeling for it whenever I asked him for a ride to somewhere I had to go to fill out paperwork

more like I got assigned 3 different dedicated housing agents who's only job was to find me a place to live and who did nothing but email me kijiji ads of places that were more expensive than disability was willing to pay for and I ended up homeless with my case file closed due to the end of the time limited program that was running through

more like when I went to the support center I had access to looking for help figuring out how to deal with the rental associations and get my lease broken for my slumlord landlord refusing to deal with a bedbug infestation I was given a cup of coffee and told I couldn't set foot back in the premises until the bed bugs were dealt with

more like the last time I told a doctor I didn't want to go back on antipsychotics because I don't feel like the symptoms are impacting my life anymore enough to be worth the debilitating side effects he spent 20 minutes trying to lie to me about how I was gonna get cut off from welfare for noncompliance
>>
Guybrush Threepwood - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:03:30 EST XmexRjER No.4977633 Reply
>>4977610
BS

I went to a doctor, said I was depressed and walked out with a script for SSRI's that sent me into mania and probably gave me brain damage
>>
William Clayway - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:07:14 EST Sw4EF+pD No.4977634 Reply
>>4977621
I've met some and they are all pretty much this.

Chemical Dependency Professionals too.

As a kid that was in juvenile hall and a group home with a rehab program most the people I saw that fucked the kids they worked with were in those 2 professions and they always seemed to have their shit less together than the kids they would lecture. Most the time it was early to late 30's white ladies that would act like they couldn't wrap their heads around 16 year old boys who are locked in with each other 24/7 wanting to fight but you could tell they got off on making drama out of nothing. Then 3 months later they would get replaced after getting caught with a kid and the cycle would repeat.

I'm sure there are some good ones and that's more telling of those kinds of facilities than those professions as a whole but it does seem to attract shitty people that probably shouldn't have control over other people based on feelings of all things. I embarrassed a guy that worked there in front of a chick that he was trying to impress by implying he farted and the next week I was signed up for test trials of abilify on his recommendation that I was disruptive.
>>
Viktor Ambartsumian - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:10:46 EST UjnCnKeo No.4977636 Reply
i sincerely hope you're stealing all that acid
my experience with mental health workers has been trash, they only see things from a scientific pov and disregard feelings or "spiritual" troubles, hence the amount of prescriptions
>>
Imperial Guard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:20:10 EST HFHUv8bS No.4977640 Reply
>>4977630

Not OP, but the one time I talk to mental health professionals about being depressed they tell me to stop smoking weed and take wellbutrin. Needless to say I was offended and did not heed their advice (that was actually a joke, I was offended because they treated me as if my life wasn't important). It's okay because I got over my life long depression without them, but my short experience in the mental health system left me feeling abused.

There was this clear, seething desire by them to put me on pills no matter what. It made me feel like a victim of the system which led to my deteriorated happiness. Why do US health professionals put so many people on medication? What, I'm supposed to be okay with society being a retarded fuck because I'm on your pills? Your pills stop this destructive commercial consumer society, corrupt government, multinational corporations, and endless warfare? Why would somebody want to be numb to that stuff?

If there's this massive surge of mental health issues popping up in society, as I've heard in regards to the last several decades, then perhaps there's an underlying cause? Perhaps society is sick in the many institutionalized wrongs committed by man, that we must live with this knowledge which manifests itself as mental disease in the form of depression and anxiety?
>>
Imperial Guard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:21:33 EST HFHUv8bS No.4977641 Reply
>>4977640

But if I stop smoking weed and take their pills it'll all go away, according to the doctors. nb
>>
Yoshi Tatsu - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:31:32 EST 3urjLEk1 No.4977644 Reply
>>4977632
>I did quit drugging for several years while I was really heavily in the system
Great, and then you:
> I asked him for a ride to somewhere I had to go to fill out paperwork
Expected someone else to figure out your transportation...
>more like I got assigned 3 different dedicated housing agents who's only job was to find me a place to live
Expected someone else to find you a home..
>bedbugs
...and put themselves at risk in order to do it.
>more like the last time I told a doctor I didn't want to go back on antipsychotics because I don't feel like the symptoms are impacting my life anymore enough to be worth the debilitating side effects he spent 20 minutes trying to lie to me about how I was gonna get cut off from welfare for noncompliance
Perhaps you should be. You've reached the limits of what you can get from society without contributing anything. You are living the life you get for free. It sucks, yes.
>>
>>
Imperial Guard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:46:09 EST HFHUv8bS No.4977649 Reply
>>4977646

What point are you trying to make besides your being a complete asshole with nothing of substance to say?
>>
Imperial Guard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 12:49:50 EST HFHUv8bS No.4977652 Reply
>>4977646

I mean to say, are you implying that if I take wellbutrin the government will stop bombing brown people?
>>
Dome Ace Barnaby - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:00:12 EST 7JXWX72I No.4977654 Reply
>>4977644
expected someone's who's job was to help me try and reintegrate back into society help me get transportation to government/healthcare/housing meetings...
expected someone's who's job was to find me a place to live to actually do that...
these people are all making cushy middle class incomes from their government contracts forgive me for actually expecting them to do their jobs while dealing with such a parasitic blight of a human being as me, nevermind the fact they were billing more for the time they spent not helping me in a month than I've ever gotten to pay rent

I know nothing I say is ever gonna convince you of anything, you are some shade of human garbage, but I'm more just gonna talk about the disability end of things to the room

I do work part time when possible, I do "contribute" about as much as I can doing office work or computer stuff from home for a family owned business, they've layed off all nonessentials for the pandemic right now though. I'm not at all incentivized to do this by welfare anyways, I'm only allowed to keep the first 200 dollars (canadian) I earn, everything after that gets clawed back from next month's benefits, which makes working enough to earn more than that meaningless unless you can break the threshhold of being able to live fully independently without extra income, which makes working sporadically when health allows not rewarding and the prospect of a a relative period of stability and then a relapse terrifying instead of encouraging.
Plus with the way calendars and bi-weekly pay works, if you get 3 paychecks in a month you're gonna get a larger chunk clawed back the next month without an actual overall increase in wages, and can actually end up losing net income over the course of a year, which has happened to me multiple times.
You're more incentivized to tread water where you are than to try and actually get out of the welfare trap.

Oh and what about numbers? how cushy is this life I'm living for free? I live by a 3rd tier Canadian city, very cheap compared to the more major ones, average rent for a single bedroom with a shared kitchen and bathroom in a rooming house is 900 CD now
With private rentals, all bonuses and credits and small things accounted for, the government gives me 1,045 CAD monthly to pay rent, bills, buy food, acquire transportation, and live my life, 650 of that is supposed to be for rent with the rest for basic needs, you just can't rent inside the city anymore outside of public housing or literal rat holes, and I get 200 a month more than the unemployed do because its actual long term disability. Public housing waiting list is sitting at 5 years right now.
These numbers havn't risen since 2005, while inflation has by 30%, and housing by orders of magnitude more, I'm 45 minutes outside the city because that's what I can actually afford, without any transportation of my own. The alternative is being homeless again, and not putting any money into the economy whatsoever. Somehow this is better for the public.
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:01:13 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977655 Reply
>>4977574
>medicaid

I’m not American
and I’m not a case manager either
nor am I a psychologist
the “Mental Health Therapist” title where I work is multidisciplinary, so there are a lot of different professionals working under that title (including psychologists, but I’m not a psychologist)

>>4977581
I wish. hugs are forbidden, pandemic or no pandemic

>>4977604
I see a therapist that I really like and find really helpful, and I also find my doctor super helpful. diff strokes for diff folks baby. anti-depressants were a game changer for me

>>4977611
I agree, we have been telling management this but they keep telling us no. Since there is a mask shortage they wand them saved for people in hospitals, not community (even inpatient nurses here aren’t receiving n95s if they’re not in acute care). Where I live COVID is still mostly travel related (for now), if community spread increases hopefully they will produce masks for us.

>>4977621
What coercion or threats were they using/what service was being withheld?
You’re making a lot of assumptions in this post, a lot of people i work with are privileged, sure, but nobody gets into this field because we’re perfectly well adjusted. The vast majority of people i work with have their own trauma/mental health/addictions history, although you wouldn’t know it from just looking at them or having a conversation about the weather or whatever. One woman i work with used to be addicted to meth and used to be homeless, living in a fucking cave with an abusive boyfriend when she was in her early 20s. Another woman i work with told me that she found her abusive, schizophrenic dad, dead in his house, after he was already there for weeks. She said that his face was being eaten by maggots.

>>4977629
I get what you’re saying, I appreciate that. I’m used to people being angry. most people aren’t particularly stoked about being taken to hospital without their consent.

>>4977634
That’s horrible, especially with the adolescent population there’s so much opportunity for abuse. Tbh I’m not even offended, Ive met professionals like you’re describing. I like the vast majority of my coworkers and think they’re competent, but there’s always that handful of people making a big loud mess and really just out there fucking up people’s lives.

>>4977632
Wait, are you mad that he felt good about walking or mad you had to fill out paperwork? Most of this stuff is social work related, i don’t deal with any of that stuff

doctors def make fake threats though for sure. If he wanted a real threat, he could have told you that you’ll wind up on a CTO if you stop taking your medication and you get psychotic and end up in hospital continuously

you live in Canada right? Not sure what province you live in, but here Ive met loads of clients who can afford rentals on disability/welfare??
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:02:23 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977656 Reply
>>4977652
It's insane to think that you'll be happy if only the problems of the world were solved. If you actually cared about any of that, you'd be proactive and do volunteer work. You'd join green peace or buy a plane ticket to a conflict zone and do humanitarian aid. You wouldn't just become depressed and unable to function, that's not at all how any of that works.
>>
Imperial Guard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:08:25 EST HFHUv8bS No.4977658 Reply
>>4977656

Are you saying it's unreasonable that the world being fucked up can make a person depressed? I never said I was unable to function, just that I was depressed, and I've actually put a lot of thought into volunteering humanitarian aid in war zones and have researched various organizations and positions available.

Other than working my ordinary job and partaking in my many hobbies, I go out of my way to help people around me without ever asking for or expecting anything in return. It really just sounds like you're pulling some stuff out of your ass about me since you don't know me, and you're just assuming all of this stuff about me because I'm depressed that my government does bad things.
>>
Yoshi Tatsu - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:09:37 EST 3urjLEk1 No.4977659 Reply
>>4977654
At some point you choose the life you want to live and start living it. This is yours.
>>
Dome Ace Barnaby - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:12:30 EST 7JXWX72I No.4977662 Reply
>>4977655
yeah most of my experience has been with social workers or longer term care than acute crisis stuff, I've been lucky enough to avoid the need for that for the most part
I'm mostly just bitching I guess, since I started thinking back over my experiences and getting worked up, but overall they really have not been positive at all

I'm in Manitoba, so the disability situation is probably a lot more dire than out east or BC
>>
Fred Whipple - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:17:01 EST JPf6sosz No.4977666 Reply
>>4977658
>Are you saying it's unreasonable that the world being fucked up can make a person depressed?
Yes, if something happening to someone else somewhere that you didn't cause, doesn't impact you or anyone you care about and you can't do anything about it, you must moderate the strength and depth of your feelings about it /or it will manifest into depression that impacts your life/. I think that's unreasonable.
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:17:34 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977667 Reply
>>4977658
You're acting like depression isn't a normal response to finding out that the world is messed up, and that it's a health care professional's job to make the world a better place so that you never have to get depressed about it in the first place. Do you understand that that's not their jobs? Do you see how insane that is? Everyone, you, me, your mom, your dad, your neighbor, everyone in the fucking world gets depressed. What you're describing goes beyond that depression because if you cannot cope with bad things happening then that's when a therapist can help you. No, they wont stop your government from banning war crimes but they'll give you therapy or meds so that you can fucking function.
>>
Fred Whipple - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:18:29 EST JPf6sosz No.4977669 Reply
>>4977667
>You're acting like depression isn't a normal response to finding out that the world is messed up,
It isn't. See >>4977666
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:20:03 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977671 Reply
>>4977662
Yeah I head Manitoba and Saskatchewan are the worst for disability. I just saw your other post and people in my province receive almost $700 more than what you receive (not including the extra $200). There are definitely a lot of systemic issues with housing and finances, so the bitching makes sense

Also, i know Sask mental health people aren’t paid very well. Not sure about Manitoba though. Of course they make more than what you make on disability, but I’m not sure if it’s as high as you think it is
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:20:30 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977672 Reply
>>4977669
You and that guy are like little babies. It absolutely is normal to get depressed from something like learning about the Holocaust. You're in complete denial while he rejects any responsibility to cope with the problems of the world that are outside of his control. Your views are just as naive as his and you both need therapy
>>
Fred Whipple - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:25:23 EST JPf6sosz No.4977676 Reply
>>4977672
>It absolutely is normal to get depressed from something like learning about the Holocaust.
Absolutely not. If you are experiencing symptoms of depression that impact your life as a result of learning about a historical event, you should see a therapist.
>>
>>
Admiral Nechayev - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:28:22 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4977679 Reply
1585157302256.jpg -(75635B / 73.86KB, 480x471) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977514
There are only 3 kinds of "mental health professionals":
>1) Smug idealist
>2) Cynical drug-pusher
>3) Friendship prostitute

As long as you admit what you're doing is more or less a scam and requires no actual competence, I have no problem with you OP. Manipulating depressed people seems like a pretty chill way to make money if you're a sociopath. It's the people who think their degree means something who piss me off. For instance, a few years ago I started doing volunteer therapy and was really helping people... but I soon began receiving legal threats from various "mental health therapists" because I was stealing too many of their customers lmao
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
John Cena - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:29:23 EST R7z5GcXZ No.4977680 Reply
>>4977676
I think it's only normal to feel saddened by learning about something as horrific as the holocaust or any other case of human suffering, for that matter. However, if it makes you genuinely depressed (and not just temporarily sad or forlorn), then I would say you might need to get to the bottom of why you are relatively sensitive to depression.
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:31:43 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977682 Reply
>>4977676
We are nearly on the verge of splitting hairs. Most adults experience depressive episodes and while it doesn't make sense for it to be brought on by historic events, it can be brought about by current events that one feels connected to. If you're an Iraqi-American and you just saw your country get bombed by a first world military and then overridden by ISIS extremists then it could cause anxiety, depression, and other forms of stress.
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:37:04 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977685 Reply
>>4977679
>but I soon began receiving legal threats from various "mental health therapists" because I was stealing too many of their customers lmao

Think about writing that sentence thinking that anyone would believe it
>>
Fred Whipple - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:45:04 EST JPf6sosz No.4977686 Reply
>>4977682
>We are nearly on the verge of splitting hairs.
Who is splitting hairs?

I mean, if you're using the clinical term "depression" to mean "it made me feel kinda bad" then that explains the disconnect. If you're saying "it made me sad to the point where I (withdrew, canceled appointments, experienced mood swings, etc, the clinical symptoms of depression)," then that's something that isn't common or normal or anything you should tolerate from yourself.
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:01:59 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977693 Reply
1585159319737.gif -(355046B / 346.72KB, 500x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977679
Haha uhhh, what? A lot to unpack here. So you admit therapy is a scam that “manipulates depressed people”, and then go on to say you did “volunteer therapy” and you were “really helping people”... so you admit you were scamming depressed folk for cash.

This post reminds me of when Jez becomes a “life coach”

Were you being sued for maybe endangering peoples lives or doing regulated work without a license? lol
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:12:03 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977699 Reply
1585159923737.jpg -(32418B / 31.66KB, 320x238) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977686
>>4977685
>>4977680

You guys are just having a disagreement about what depression is and isn’t, and all of you are actually correct.

• someone without a major depressive disorder could experience a depressive episode brought on by external events (although it might be referred to as “adjustment disorder with depressed mood”) usually spontaneously resolve when the event does or when you learn to cope with it better

• someone with a major depressive disorder can experience an exacerbation of symptoms brought on by external events. If their depression is already being treated then again it’s likely to resolve when the event does or when coping is increased. but if someone is not being treated at all then they may just continue on into a depressive episode where they experience deficits in functioning

• people can feel sad for a bit about the world

I think whoever initially brought this up was mostly complaining about how certain aspects of their lives or how society functions wasnt really being considered by professionals. Which is both totally valid and also a dangerous game to play, because sometimes there’s both a biological component and a psychosocial component, and if someone places too much cause on the psychosocial stuff and go off their meds, they’re gonna have a bad time. There was a time just last year where I was personally convinced that all of my problems were actually just like me coping poorly to how fucked up society is. but then I had a real bad time and it turns out i legitimately have a major depressive disorder. For other people though, it does turn out to be a coping or psychosocial thing. So it’s all blended together into one big hot mess
>>
Asuka Langley Soryu - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:12:07 EST erd+ywY8 No.4977700 Reply
1585159927108.jpg -(17675B / 17.26KB, 500x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977693
just funny that you bring peep show into it because i think it's the only show i can name where literally every single character needs years and years of therapy.
>>
William Clayway - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:21:32 EST Sw4EF+pD No.4977703 Reply
>>4977682
I can attest that I feel the middle eastern American depression thing. It goes beyond seeing things though, people treat you different. People think they have a right to yell at you or come up and start arguments over prepared talking points that have been fed to them. It's when you feel vaguely connected to the events but an outsider who has no real place on either side. I'm rambling now but there is a general venom that is socially accepted. It died down around the late 00's and early 10's but came back full force in 2016 and it was time to sacrifice hallmarks of the human condition like vulnerability and trust for sanity and safety again. I feel like this is how Jews in pre-WWII Germany must have felt and it kind of scares me. I guess the thing that saves me is that there are already lands filled with people like me rich with plunderable resources and they can't go after people outright domestically because that would be racist and that's not okay because neo-liberalism, we can only kill people because we think they're jealous of our freedom.

I suspect with recent events like the whole world feels like that now so me complaining isn't going to do any good. I'm going to preemptively call myself a faggot and go on to say that we need to pull our selves out of the collective shit that's happening on a world scale and not push others down when we get back up or use others as a stepping stool. What a great time to figure out things like UBI, domestic production and even climate change preparation so we're not perpetually caught with our pants down, the more years we have mild winters where places that usually deep freeze don't causes lots of bad shit to grow in the dirt, usually MRSA, and the more permafrost thaws the more shit like this we're going to see.

I'm just rambling now.

La Riva/Peltier 2020
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:36:03 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977713 Reply
1585161363737.jpg -(75526B / 73.76KB, 686x389) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977700
"Self harm might be very appealing. She'll want to take care of me. I just want to finish the S!"
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:37:22 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977714 Reply
1585161442737.png -(254990B / 249.01KB, 624x352) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977700
Maybe the Sunny crew too? Although tbh they seem perfectly content with the way they’re living lol
>>
Teddy Long - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:38:35 EST Q7G8h1M0 No.4977717 Reply
1585161515314.jpg -(139305B / 136.04KB, 693x550) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've ended at a hospital during a bad trip and they strapped me down and tried to get me institutionalized. I even told them I was on psychedelics.

I hate the fuck out of medical professionals in the US (except nurses), because not only are they so clueless when it comes to drugs, they're also incredibly arrogant in their decision making, complete scum.

I would never advise anyone to seek out psychiatric care unless you really have to, as you're giving them a huge amount of control over your life. They could give you some new drug with little research and treat you like a lab rat, ruin your livelihood, etc.

I can't tell you how many girls I knew who got hooked on adderall from doctors when I was a teenager.They're also so quick to give a moody teenager SSRIs and completely fuck up their life.

If they can't diagnosis you, they feel like they're failing, you're a nail and they're a hammer. It's their business to make sure there's something wrong with you. Avoid it unless you're seriously at the end.

Fuck everything about the US medical system, capitalism and medical treatment leads to some sickening stuff, truly evil.
>>
Master Pycelle - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 14:43:15 EST /p2V4s/L No.4977718 Reply
>>4977685
Believe what you want. If you want to go through life ignoring cautionary tales, you'll learn the hard way firsthand eventually.
>>4977693
Struck a nerve, did I? Unfortunately (for you) I'm being completely consistent here. By volunteer therapy I mean I did not take any money. Some offered anyway and I refused because it made me feel dirty, not unlike how I assume whores feel. All these people merely needed someone to talk to not in their social circles, and when I was offering an ear for free as a life coach they stopped paying their therapists money. The therapists eventually learned I was "unlicensed" and I started receiving legal threats. As if you could be licensed for talking to people and giving life advice in the first place. Funny how "you're endangering lives!" is always used in about the same manner as "think of the children!"

I take it you're one of these sociopaths who separates depressed people from their money? Like I said, I don't have a problem with what you're doing so long as you allow us people with normal levels of empathy to simply talk to people without a loiscence. At least you're not working in the highly lucrative child sex slave industry like so many others of your ilk choose to.
>>
Edmond Halley - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 15:42:39 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977751 Reply
>>4977718
Sounds like you got sued because you were trying to start a cult or you're a member of cult that was actively recruiting. Also, you sound like a humongous creep and there's no doubt in my mind that you weren't giving advice as much as TELLING vulnerable people what to do, to stop seeing their doctors, and adopt your cult beliefs, and that you were probably recruiting these people from the streets, from addiction clinics, rehab centers, suboxone lines, and needle exchanges. That's if any of this isn't just your rundown imagination going haywire with delusions of being the next Charles Manson while you sit in filth and a mountain of discarded cigarette butts and ash.
>>
Deuce - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:23:07 EST Chr3HTu6 No.4977789 Reply
>>4977717
It's well recorded in the psychiatric literature that people with schizophrenia in the third world have better outcomes than in the US, despite receiving less treatment. That's not to say that someone could forego treatment and be fine, but that psychiatrists are sometimes flying blind and sometimes just straight up pill pushing.
>>
>>
Edward Barnard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:45:17 EST vnWJ3+0u No.4977793 Reply
>I’m really curious what your experience with mental health professionals was like,

Kind, compassionate, clearly highly competent and intelligent. Took me seriously. Way too expensive.

>and how could it have been better?

Could have been cheaper. Could have been more frequent (though she said that wouldn't necessarily help)

>any advice for me when working with you?

No sudden movements.
>>
Paul Goldsmith - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:45:46 EST N0NQfK+T No.4977794 Reply
1585169146515.jpg -(241634B / 235.97KB, 750x684) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977718
My pay is hourly so it literally does not make a difference to how many people I see. If you don’t understand how pretending to be a therapist is dangerous, then I don’t know what to tell you. Sure you can be a friend, but not a therapist. If you’re advertising that you are doing “volunteer” work under a protected title, of course people are gonna get on your back. I can’t walk around claiming I’m a lawyer giving free legal advice to my friends. I don’t think it’d work out too well for my friends either. The face you do it for fun basically makes me think that you have some weird hero complex and think you can fix people, is it something you enjoy because it makes you feel powerful? You should be the one going to see a therapist, bud. I don’t believe my license makes me invulnerable to saying stupid shit, but it does make me accountable to always keep in mind the inherent power dynamic with this kind of work. If you don’t understand why it’s dangerous then you shouldn’t be doing it, point blank.

>>4977717
I honestly cannot imagine working under a for profit model. It seems just riddled with ethical problems.

Here if we know someone is on drugs but they’re out of their mind, we keep them in the ED for 24-48 hours until their head is clear enough to make it home safe. Docs here want to kick high people out ASAP so they can make room for psych patients who actually need the bed. If we know someone is high we only bring them in as a last resort if they can’t stop themselves from hurting themselves, if they’re safe we just let them ride it out at home and leave them alone. We don’t want to be stuck at the hospital with high folks either and have other patients who need to be seen.
I only work with adults so I cant really speak about your experience w adolescents.
>>
Netjester !AI.skYnEt - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:45:48 EST iLikEToleARn No.4977795 Reply
>>4977794
The name was mentioned during the RAW tag team, but because they do say that they weren't clear the main show: World title was officially a big fan of the 60's and 90% of the phantom pain..
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:47:58 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977797 Reply
>>4977793
Lol, noted. That’s nice of you. I wish therapy was included with other benefits in Canada, it’s kind of ridiculous that it’s not, honestly. It could prevent so many other issues from ever occurring and actually end up less expensive for taxpayers
>>
Michel Guérard - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:57:46 EST FkEbCRDW No.4977801 Reply
1585169866044.jpg -(1104727B / 1.05MB, 1784x1832) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977969
The thing with therapy is that it doesn't work unless you participate, and not everything is going to work for you. There are also shitty doctors, there are shitty patients, and there are some patients who will require medicine otherwise therapy alone just isn't going to cut it.

A lot of people hate therapists I think because they are dealing with one or more of those 3 issues so they don't even get a fair shot at what it can offer. Therapy can work, but it isn't magic. Nor does it work if you just go to the sessions like it's time to be spent, and you sit there and ignore the advice, and then look back and say "I did 6 months in this place and it didn't do shit for me! That's not fair at all. It's more like a personal trainer for your mind than it is a penal sentence, but a lot of people seem to mistake how it works.

Don't get me wrong, I have a few big bones to pick with modern psychology and psychiatry, but it's not all a scam, and some people do get help from it.

It's pretty hilarious imagining what sort of shenanigans you actually got legal threats from doing though, i'm assuming it was some behavior that relates directly back to your diagnosis.
>>
Malik - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:10:32 EST JAabUWi9 No.4977827 Reply
>>4977789
Schizophrenia in the "third world" (not everywhere in the third world btw, sometimes you just get killed) has better outcomes because people don't see them as crazies much of the time. They have culturally accepted methods of integrating schizophrenics into the community. Compare and contrast the modern West, where schizophrenics have been lobotomized, locked up and isolated from society, forced onto the streets because they can't hold a job, pressed into underfunded public health services, and otherwise spit on, kicked, or beaten by 'sane' citizens of the country who'd rather all of the above happen than giving these people stable family lives and reintegrating them because they happen to hear a couple voices.

Call me a liberal pansy all you want, it's your economy that's suffering for it, and many of these guys are white.
>>
Marcelo Zana - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:54:04 EST +PQMnRd1 No.4977846 Reply
1585176844483.jpg -(172970B / 168.92KB, 1280x719) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Big hentai reporting in.
I have to see a damn psychiatrist cuz i was a junkie and i'm lowering my methadone dose. I had a mental breakdown like a couple of months ago because of sleep deprivation.

I feel my intuition was more sensitive tho. I could see messages from the Dark Gods EVERYWHERE.

Drill Sargent Grey hates those fucking rationalist scumbags. I'm glad Corona is shattering reality and normies are going insane hahaha!!
>>
François Vatel - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:05:09 EST KDxD1lu2 No.4977850 Reply
>>4977846
Yeah performing blood magic and talking to dark gods is really helping with those delusions my man
>>
Angus Dricklemidging - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:31:35 EST nArjsrgJ No.4977857 Reply
>the mental health service I get from my insurance
  • so do you want to kill yourself? No? Okay bye
>mental health service I get from people I pay 200$/hr
*Actual cognitive behavioral therapy*

this is a good summary
>>
Tamer Matilda - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:36:55 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4977859 Reply
>>4977857
I habeeb it

Most systems are really overloaded so they have to triage by risk. which means there’s little room for people who are high functioning/lower risk
>>
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:10:14 EST zVgCHF4g No.4977883 Reply
1585185014754.png -(255491B / 249.50KB, 480x482) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977865
>"What color is 3?"
"Blood."
>"OK. *cutcutcut* And... how about 3?"
"3 is blood."
>"Thanks! *slashslash* Oh god... uhh... and what's 3?"
"It's blood. 3 is blood. It's all blood."

By the by, isn't the number of the left-handed path supposed to be 33, not 333?
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:15:12 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977884 Reply
I DEMAND THE FLOOR. I WANT THE FLOOR ALL TO MYSELF. THE COOL FEELING WHEN YOU LIE YOUR FACE DOWN ON THE TILE IS ALL MINE.
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:22:18 EST zVgCHF4g No.4977891 Reply
>>4977888
>He is the "dweller in the abyss", believed to be the last great obstacle between the adept and enlightenment. Thelemites believe that if he is met with proper preparation, then his function is to destroy the ego, which allows the adept to move beyond the abyss of occult cosmology.
Hmm. You sure this guy's yours? To me you strike me as more of an angsty teen who wants to "do Magick" than someone who wishes to self-immolate and join with the everything and nothing.
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:28:01 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4977896 Reply
1585186081755.jpg -(264307B / 258.11KB, 1082x1082) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977891
You should calm down and eat some spanish breakfast sausage
>>
Jeff Goldblum - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:28:18 EST +PQMnRd1 No.4977897 Reply
1585186098451.jpg -(380982B / 372.05KB, 1213x1516) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977891
Fuck the thelemites and crowley.
O9A/Tempel Ov Blood are the only real esoteric currents out there. Everything else is old aeonic shit like the thelemites using egyptian symbols.
The new Aeon has new mythos.
>>
Jeff Goldblum - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:38:46 EST +PQMnRd1 No.4977901 Reply
1585186726451.jpg -(105716B / 103.24KB, 673x897) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977898
The Tempel ov Blood exists as a Nexion to the Dark Gods as well as a guidance and filtration system for aspiring Noctulians. For those seeking a harsh alchemical change into the Transcendental Predator based on a synthesis of Sinister Hebdomantry and Vampirism...Our Calcination, Seperation, and final Coagulation will create a New Being capable of bringing about the "Day of Wrath" spoken of in the Diabolus Chant. Hail the New Aeon! Agios Athanatos!

The Focus and Direction of the Tempel ov Blood:

For those so inclined to work with the Tempel ov Blood (after proving their Noctulian potential), our main aims are threefold:

First, we wish to hold as our highest priority the creation of the New Being. The realization of the meaning of the human's life is this - humans are nothing in themselves, they are great however once they have decided to become a bridge to the New Being variously described and symbolized by Homo Galactica, Ubermensch, Noctulians, Vampires, and the various titles given to Alien beings in such mythologies. ANY and ALL humans who fail to embrace this evolutionary urge will serve as food and a resource to be used by the New Being- as a human would a lesser animal. Thus is our philosophy and way of being a terror to the Magian. So much sweeter will their Blood Essence be to consume...

Second, the infiltration and manipulation of organizations and forms with Sinister potential. Aryanism, particularly the more religiously fanatical forms of it, such as Christian Identity are a good example. The manipulating Noctulian is to use these forms for their own Presencing of the Dark, as well as changing in subtle ways the followers of such forms to following a more Sinister direction. For example, in Identity, using knowledge of the Biblical doctrines and prophecies encourage war, hardship, and system disruption using the scriptures as guidance and proof of the message you are sending to adherents of the said form. Any form with a transhuman, system disruption, or satanic direction to it may be of use here. The key is finding a form that in itself is an aid to the Dialect and empowering it further, causing a saturation of Acasual Energy.

Third, disruption of Magian organizations. Whether overtly occult forms, such as Judeo-Christian churches, Wicca covens, pseudo-satanic temples, or more physical "down to earth" forms such as Magian political groups and government. These need to be infiltrated and disrupted via both magical means (the ways of which are detailed in a ms not available to the public) as well as in more physical and practical ways.

The Tempel itself is but a means for the Noctulian Empire to provide a harsh alchemical change process to those who seek it, allowing them to aid the dialect on their own with the knowledge and skills attained during the transformation. Those few who go on to become Noctulians will join with us in our Harvest and pass thru the Jihad as One of Them that will reign immortal in the Dark Land.

"Come as a reaper, for thus will you sow." - Black Book of Satan
>>
Buck Quartermain - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 21:57:09 EST 7JXWX72I No.4977906 Reply
gotta say I missed you BH glad you're getting more esoteric and closer to genuine truths and not just hyper fixating on what's directly in front of you
>>
Hedda Backleson - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 05:07:27 EST +5KzWLnT No.4978064 Reply
1585213647284.jpg -(45463B / 44.40KB, 680x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
my therapists preferred cold turkey, believed in peoples very own ressources, trust in ones own healthy sexuality and had paaatieeeence, to the point where i wondered how on earth could have even one human turn out good in this sea of mess.
They were demanding, provoking, controversial even, but ultimately never have i been more accepted and respected the way they did. they believed in me <3
>>
Francis Dogfart - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:25:05 EST 72T9bKyW No.4978068 Reply
1585218305677.jpg -(75463B / 73.69KB, 926x753) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've actually worked in crisis intervention stuff as well (suicide hotlines, crisis hotline for a county crisis center). It was super duper rewarding.

Maybe this will help you with keeping some of your patients from feeling terrible about themselves. I have a stigmatized and not uncommon diagnosis (guess, lol) and I've ceased sharing it over the years, because bad things happen when I do:

>therapist becomes cold immediately, stops empathizing, starts questioning everything I share about my experiences--like that it happened at all, not the conclusions I draw or the behaviors I took. basically I become a pathological liar because I opened up. benefit of the doubt, previously present, completely disappears. Tough Love is all that remains

>therapist begins interpreting everything I do in light of diagnostic criteria--or worse, tropes and stereotypes of the diagnosis, even if they don't really apply and are obviously invalidating

>therapist begins saying I need hospitalization over things that do not qualify for hospitalization. especially disturbing because i have been seriously abused in inpatient and going back is a literal nightmare

>alternatively, therapist begins arguing with me about how I must not have diagnosis because I'm not a liar/manipulative/melodramatic/without empathy/irrational/impulsive/selfish/whatever. when I explain that I fit the criteria and have been repeatedly diagnosed, they keep trying to say I'm not evil and so it cannot be true. "Don't talk about yourself like that, honey!"

I don't know, it's disturbing. I went through years of this label justifying people doing whatever they wanted to me. My batterer could blame me for my own physical and sexual abuse in therapy session. My abusive parents could deputize therapists and orderlies in the psych ward to yell at me on their behalf, as a young minor. It was like being diagnosed Piece of Shit Nobody Wants To Deal With. It even negatively affected my medical care for my physical disabilities. And to this day, if I even share what the label was, I get people saying, "Are you suuure you didn't misinterpret that a little bit? Isn't this....black and white thinking?" So now I just use my other (professional) dx, CPTSD (plus a severe dissociative disorder), and none of this happens.

So I would suggest to you to treat people with this diagnosis like people. Nobody has no reason for their behavior. Presume competence in everyone you meet, even if you don't initially understand. Do not let a diagnosis rattle you drop every initial impression of someone you had. And if a client has a trauma background (which pretty much every BORDERLINE does) be a little understanding ffs. Probably every nutty thing they do makes perfect sense based on the shit they've experienced. I used to try to get murdered by picking incredibly sketchy guys for hookups (open relationship) because a) I thought the very real possibility of my boyfriend beating me to death would be too sad, b) I couldn't stand being alive, and c) I didn't think I could kill myself. Professionals just wrote it down as "impulsive sexual behavior." Same with trying to use drugs to wipe out memories of the violence I experienced. Impulsive, irrational. Selfish. When I didn't have that diagnosis on the table, people just asked me why I did things.
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 08:49:49 EST zVgCHF4g No.4978106 Reply
>>4978068
Don't have any way of helping, but I read it. I'm sorry. Humanity can be pretty shitty sometimes.
>>
>>
Francis Dogfart - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:28:01 EST 72T9bKyW No.4978130 Reply
>>4978106
I appreciate it and I'm okay now. I'm a grown-up now and I know how to keep myself safe for the most part. I just wish I hadn't been exposed to this stuff as an adolescent. Already had poor self-esteem and trust issues from abuse.
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:45:37 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978133 Reply
1585233937945.jpg -(296180B / 289.24KB, 750x529) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978068
I’m sorry you have to deal with all of that shit, it’s truly the worst, especially among “old school” clinicians. With clinicians fresh out of school it seems to be a bit better. BPD stigma is definitely pervasive. Imo the stigma is a reflection of the clinician not knowing how to treat BPD, or not really even understanding what BPD is, including not understanding people with BPD can have internalizing symptoms instead of just externalizing/interpersonal ones.

>CPTSD (plus a severe dissociative disorder)
That diagnosis would still indicate likely BPD to me just because all of the overlapping symptoms, which I know is the point

My mom has BPD, and I was diagnosed with not the disorder, but borderline traits too 🤓 (and avoidant traits and ADHD). like you, my borderline traits are mostly internalizing/self-destructive, I’ve never had that much of an issue with chaotic interpersonal relationships. Rarely will i act out toward other people even if i want to (unless it’s on 420chan where i can scream into the void without any real world consequences). I have several 10+ year long friendships and a secure long term relationship. What people don’t understand is BPD is basically an attachment disorder. That’s all it really is when you boil it down.
>>
Scott D'Amore - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:16:29 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978141 Reply
1585235789944.jpg -(16011B / 15.64KB, 360x296) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977751
>Sounds like you got sued because you were trying to start a cult
What? Sorry dude, you're mistaken. I put up a couple online ads and flyers making it extremely clear that I'm a life coach who works for free. I have no interest in being a cult leader and I have no idea where you got that from (tbh it sounds like projection).
>You weren't giving advice so much as TELLING vulnerable people what to do
Here's some advice: read that back to me and TELL me if you see the problem with that statement.

Imagine paying money to talk to someone as toxic and delusional as you. Why is it so hard for you to accept that the mental health industry is a cartel or merely the veracity of my story? Why are you concocting nonsense about me starting a cult or stealing money from people? Oh that's right, because when enough people realize your entire profession is bullshit you'll have to find another job. I hear plasma sellers can make $300/month!
>>
Scott D'Amore - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:35:19 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978143 Reply
1585236919944.jpg -(119351B / 116.55KB, 1242x849) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977794
That poor strawman is being torn to shreds! However, my actions are ethically sound. I never used the word therapist, only life coach, which doesn't need a license. Tbh there's a good chance I would have won the case if I decided to go through all that bullshit, but why would I put myself through all the legal proceedings just to volunteer?

And no, I wasn't doing it because I have some "hero complex". This may be difficult to understand for a sociopath like yourself, but neurotypicals actually feel good simply by helping others. We don't need money or whatever you so clearly need to satiate your hero complex. We literally get a dopamine uptick when we do nice things for others. It speaks volumes how you cannot comprehend this. Just admit it: the mental health industry is a cartel. When threatened, they will eliminate the threat by any legal means necessary.

PS any layman can do virtually anything a lawyer does as well provided they have enough cash to pay court fees and can read legalese. It's mostly about networking and presenting as a lawyer. Having a law degree doesn't give magic supralegal powers lmao. Do you think you have to pay an accountant to do your taxes too?
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 11:39:26 EST zVgCHF4g No.4978144 Reply
>>4978141
The entire profession's not bullshit. There are some creeps doing it. But there are also therapists who are just middle class people who aren't just trying to give drugs or "keep the racket going."

People who sometimes give free treatment, or discount it when someone can't pay or insurance isn't cooperating. And whose goal is to get the person to a place where they can be healthy as quickly as possible.

Just because mental health is in its infancy doesn't mean it's all bullshit. There's just a lot of complexity to deal with, and many people have no idea how to. Honestly, brain surgery is easier. With mental health there's far more ways to screw up. There's one way not to screw up, though, and that's to listen without judgment.
>>
Tom Peters - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:14:51 EST Sw4EF+pD No.4978168 Reply
>>4978143
A regular person can do almost nothing a licensed attorney can. Are you talking about representing yourself in court? That will go really well, like all the other tweakers who have waived their right to a speedy trial and sit in county for upwards of a year taking a 3 month charge to trial screaming about how the discovery paperwork you had to wait 5 weeks for is lying and no one cares.

I don't think they're special, it's honestly the biggest leech profession there is, especially when you get into state's attorneys, but the entire system is set up so you at least have to know how to navigate an arbitrarily complicated system. However people that think they are just as competent as a lawyer are always just a pile of walking crust with meth psychosis that fail horribly in my experience.
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:30:35 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978173 Reply
>>4978159
He doesn’t, though. Do you really think everyone can do everything by doing a quick Google? Do you want your lawyer to be this guy?
>>
Fred Falkland - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:35:03 EST Seh+PELR No.4978174 Reply
>>4978143
>This may be difficult to understand for a sociopath like yourself, but neurotypicals actually feel good simply by helping others.
Are you implying that people with ASD are sociopaths, and don't feel good for helping people? Yeah, you sound like a sensitive understanding individual with apt knowledge of mental health conditions. You're probably a great life coach. Anyone should be lucky enough to have such a positive influence in their lives.
>>
Edwin Salpeter - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:37:11 EST 5Nj8SWhG No.4978176 Reply
>>4978174
>are you implying people with ASD are sociopaths
I... what? Did you misread or am I having a stroke?
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:37:19 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978177 Reply
1585244239945.jpg -(205875B / 201.05KB, 700x1044) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Who painted this? I could do that shit with my eyes clothes. So easy
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:38:28 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978179 Reply
If I were there I would have just stormed in and tackled the shooter! I’ve played over 200 of COD It’s fucking EASYYY
>>
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:54:42 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978183 Reply
>>4978141
I'm not in the mental health profession and it's very telling that you view anyone with a differing opinion than you as 'the enemy'.

>Why is it so hard for you to accept that the mental health industry is a cartel
That would be hard for anyone to accept because of how retarded that is.

You don't have any good takes, and you're bitterly naive. The problem is that your naivety extends passed the benign. I equate you to a psychic fortune teller but even weirder.

>I put up a couple online ads and flyers making it extremely clear that I'm a life coach who works for free

That's so weird lmao. I mean maybe others don't see it as that weird, but man that is SOOO weird rofl. There are so many other ways to influence and help other people and talk to them. You could have joined an app, who knows. Did you make a little office in your home? Did you start setting up a sort of professional environment. Or would they just be coming over to a random person's house. There are so many details that you're withholding, or this is all made up.
>>
Chucky Finster - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:27:16 EST erd+ywY8 No.4978235 Reply
1585254436274.jpg -(184863B / 180.53KB, 1200x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4977714
Only problem with that is the gang encounters “normal” people (whose lives they destroy of course), but it states that the universe of Always Sunny does have mentally healthy people in it until the gang gets to them.

In Peep Show even the side characters are 100% fucked.
>>
Scott D'Amore - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:31:26 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978238 Reply
1585254686944.jpg -(67822B / 66.23KB, 777x656) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978159
Thanks. And I'm merely returning the abrasion I have received from others. I said multiple times I don't really fault mental health scam artists for taking advantage of people. That's just how Capitalism works. I draw the line when they create a cartel that demands I get a "license to talk to people". Drug dealers are cool. Drug dealers who threaten those encroaching on their turf are lame.
>>4978144
I'm sure there are plenty of people in the mental health industry who are ignorant (or willfully ignorant) about how their profession actually works. I have nothing against these people either. But they're not the majority.\
>>4978168
I've defended myself in court for minor offenses twice and both times the judge dropped the case once I explained the situation. And yes, I do meth a few months out of the year. However, unlike my ability to listen to people's life problems and offer advice, I don't have much confident in my ability to practice law.
>>4978172
I will have to decline because, unlike my ability to listen to people's life problems and offer advice, I don't have any confidence in my surgery ability.
>>4978179
Unlike my ability to listen to people's life problems and offer advice, I don't have any confidence in my ability to disarm an active shooter. You guys starting to realize why the mental health industry might be a scam?
>>4978183
>That's so weird lmao. I mean maybe others don't see it as that weird, but man that is SOOO weird rofl.
Are you... trying to make me feel bad or something? If anything, weirdness is a compliment. I'm not "withholding details" either, no one has asked for details other than you yet. We met up at coffee shops or parks or other public places. It was so much more convenient for my clients to do it this way, yet another advantage my service had over the mental health cartel. This was in 2015 in Asheville, NC. Anything else you'd like to know?
>>4978174
>Are you implying that people with ASD are sociopaths, and don't feel good for helping people?
I'm not just implying that, I'm explicitly stating that is true.
>>
Francis Dogfart - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:31:50 EST 72T9bKyW No.4978239 Reply
1585254710677.png -(169321B / 165.35KB, 763x523) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978133
>With clinicians fresh out of school it seems to be a bit better.
I agree, and I've seen several who were really nice and quite understanding. The impression I get from some of the younger ones, though, is like "Okay, so these clients are petty and manipulative and overreact to things and are probably abusive, but I have to be nice about it." You can tell they think you're going to be a huge headache, but they're being v e r y p a t i e n t with you, lol.

Better than the older therapists though, who just start throwing holy water at you and shrieking GET THEE GONE SATAN

>That diagnosis would still indicate likely BPD to me just because all of the overlapping symptoms, which I know is the point
yeah, right? If someone said that to me I would be like "pff, ok borderline"

but of course, BPD is trauma and dissociation for bad people, and CPTSD is trauma and dissociation for nice, unfortunate people.

Personally I think they're the same thing--or that BPD is just a variant of CPTSD (my dad's like textbook NPD but he has significant childhood trauma as well and would probably meet criteria for CPTSD). Also, borderline moms club. Mine has it too and it scared me big time that I would end up like her.

>I’ve never had that much of an issue with chaotic interpersonal relationships.
yeah my friendships are really lasting (though I have some issues letting them know when something awful is happening to me), and my relationships are all 5 years+. but the relationships are inevitably violent, controlling, rapey, just generally a hot mess. I don't know if that counts as "chaotic" or not. Like, does putting up with that stuff for 6 years make one more psychologically stable, or less?
>>
Tom Peters - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:48:22 EST Sw4EF+pD No.4978248 Reply
>>4978238
>I've defended myself in court for minor offenses twice and both times the judge dropped the case once I explained the situation. However, unlike my ability to listen to people's life problems and offer advice, I don't have much confident in my ability to practice law.

Here at the offices of White, Guy & Privilege, none of our partners have law degrees or even G.E.D.'s, their legal expertise comes from osmosis and time spent in the court for countless disorder conduct charges their parents dropped before trial. We also offer life coaching services and brain surgery.
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:53:19 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978249 Reply
>>4978238
The #1 rule of therapeutic communication is to not give advice unless it’s explicitly asked for, you flaming turd
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 16:56:48 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978250 Reply
>>4978249
and even then, depending on what the issue is, it still might be irresponsible to give concrete advice. You have to use your clinical judgment

Lets do a case study.
A person calls you and tells you that the Hells Angels are after them, the police wont listen to them, they havent left the house in weeks, theyve been staying up all night to defend themselves, and now see no other option but to kill themselves before the Hells Angels get them. They just tried to hang themselves 20 min ago but were unsuccessful and now plan to OD. How do you act?
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:12:18 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978257 Reply
>>4978239
I feel like you and I would probably be buds irl. When I was a kid I vowed I would never act like my parents. In a funny way my mom’s awful behaviour kind of keeps me to be accountable to my own behaviour, and it’s certainly motivating. My mom is like your dad, she prob has some narcissistic (according to me) and maybe even anti-social traits (according to my therapist), but she has a ton of trauma too so I understand why she is the way she is. I resent a lot of the things she did but I don’t resent her as a human anymore, and I have more or less with her being my mom and trying to salvage whatever little scraps of a relationship that I can.

I have no idea who has access to my psych consult besides my family doctor. I don’t think it’s electronically available (I hope) and I stay away from the public mental health system since I work in it. My therapist knows about my borderliney shit but is super cool and fine, always, and super understanding, like, honestly the nicest guy. But make no mistake, the stigma is absolutely real and I believe you. Sometimes the shit that comes out of my coworkers mouth is unbelievable. There are a lot of people who do understand, though, too.

I would say that those are definitely “chaotic”. I would probably say less... like continuing to adding more CPTS to your CPTSD. The relationship I’m in now is super normal and chill, but I’ve had shitty relationships in the past similar to yours. I get why people become involved with those relationships and stay. It’s almost weirdly boring when you’re out of them. For me the boring-ness was maybe partly an ADHD thing though and just needing a really high level of stimulation all the time. Since i’ve started ADHD medication I feel more content to just chill and feel nice about a boring, nice, secure relationship haha.
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:15:29 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978258 Reply
>>4978257
made peace with her being my mom*

Sorry my posts are formatted like trash I’m just hammering them out in the middle of doing other stuff
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:16:44 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978259 Reply
>>4978257
Hey, I have a lot of anxiety and depression. What should I do? You seem like a really good person.
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:20:07 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978261 Reply
>>4978257
Also, since you have ADHD, do you have problems with monoluoging or lecturing? This is probably something that you want to avoid when interacting with your cases.
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:42:00 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978274 Reply
1585258920755.jpg -(43995B / 42.96KB, 649x365) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
You abandoned me. You said you could help. You ignored me
>>
>>
Veronica - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:44:40 EST P8EgR1ar No.4978277 Reply
>>4978274
You must become sexually aggressive, destroy all ties between yourself and what you would call a normal sexual experience.
>>
Walter Adams - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:03:13 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978292 Reply
>>4978261
I have a strong desire to interrupt people sometimes, but I’m usually able to catch myself before I do it, and I apologize if I already did it. I’m not one for monologuing/lecturing though. I’m a good listener since I actually find my work interesting and stimulating. Sometimes I scribble on paper when I’m on the phone with people because it helps me focus, especially of they’re going on and on and on and I’m waiting for them to get to the point. Listening to tangential people is already hard for most people, but with ADHD i feel like waiting for people to get to the point sometimes does damage to my soul, lol.
>>
Maid Nathaniel - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:27:51 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978311 Reply
>>4978295
I eat dead people.

So like, can I ask you what you do to cope with anxiety and depression? I'm asking as one stranger to another, not as someone seeking medical advice from a health care worker.
>>
Fred Falkland - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:34:47 EST Seh+PELR No.4978314 Reply
>>4978176
Neurotypical is a term originally coined (and still most often used) to mean "not having any sort of Spectrum disorder.

>>4978238
>I'm not just implying that, I'm explicitly stating that is true.
Well, it's just that I am diagnosed with high functioning ASD, and I love volunteering. I also work at a no-kill pet shelter, and I love helping people find just the right cat (usually cat, sometimes dog) for their home and family situation. I've also saved a few lives, talked people down over the phone who were in crisis (people I barely knew- it would usually be someone I just traded numbers with at a recovery meeting or something), and when I was homeless, I've literally given away the clothes off my back. I at least had a car, and some more clothes, but you know.
And it's not just me. My sister's been in pre med and med school now for like 4 years, focusing on pediatrics, with some specific focus on kids with ASD. She also works in a neurology lab, comes into contact with hundreds of low to moderately functioning kids, and has spent two years in pre-med working with one specific ASD kid for some kind of study thing where she was also like a regular babysitter for this kid's single mom. Anyway, that kid was a total sweetheart, and loved doing things for people.
So, I think you're actually a very stupid person. I wouldn't say this to almost anybody, but you should feel bad. You should be ashamed of yourself, cringe at how you've conducted yourself, and regret the choices you've made putting other vulnerable people's trust and mental health care in your hands. You're not making any friends here today. You should probably reset your router and pretend none of this ever happened. If you have no shame over this, then you show greater sociopathic tendency than any real life ASD person I've ever met. (I'll admit though, as a higher functioning, the low functioning ones can really get under my skin sometimes, but they're nothing close to sociopathic).
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:40:27 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978316 Reply
>>4978311
Yummy.

What’s helped me:
  • stop using drugs/alcohol regularly. I take LSD a few times a year and get drunk on special occasions, but I’m sober like 355 days of the year
  • take my meds err day (anti-depressant and vyvanse) inb4 how can you be sober if you use vyvanse? people with ADHD just feel normal on vyvanse if you’re not abusing it. it brings dopamine levels up to what normal people have. I can nap on it, lol. whereas if a normal person took it their dopamine level would be jacked
  • exercising is super duper helpful for me
  • meditating is helpful even though i haven’t done it in a while
  • journalling is helpful for me, although i only really do that if I can’t stop thinking about something or trying to work out a personal problem. Ive been wanting to do it more
  • seeing my therapist
  • i have a bunch of skills to deal with ADHD, but i never use them and choose to live in disorganized chaos instead even though it lowkey drives me crazy.
  • i have a cbt app that helped a little when i was depressed but i havent needed to use it in a long time.

I’m less inclined to use my skills when my depression is dealt with. I almost need to be motivated by feeling like shit otherwise I won’t do things i “should” that i know are always helpful. constant struggle trying to get my personal life organized. at work it’s less bad because I can just focus on work and don’t have a lot of options to do anything else but work. But rn at home i am procrastinating by posting here.
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:30:08 EST zVgCHF4g No.4978342 Reply
>>4978316
My friend has ADHD and takes Vyvanse but he's actually kind of a stimmed-out wreck. Very jumpy and edgy. He ends up being tired all the time, which is a very serious complication of prolonged daily stimulant use.

Do you have any schedule of when you'll get off it, or are you just planning on being a stim addict until the day you die? (I guess it's better than drinking, but I'm actually not sure on that.)
>>
Onyx - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:52:07 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978349 Reply
1585266727945.jpg -(249015B / 243.18KB, 679x745) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978342
Really? I’m not stimmed out at all, like I said I take naps on it, I eat normally, i haven’t lost weight, if anything, it’s made me more relaxed.

“for people who do not have ADHD, stimulants flood the brain with dopamine, causing a dopamine overload. So instead of having a calming effect as they would on people with ADHD, stimulants taken without a medical reason can disrupt brain communication and cause euphoria”

Your friend either
  1. Doesnt have adhd
  2. His dose is too high
  3. Hes abusing it or using other stims
Or
4. Something else is causing him to be a hot mess

I’ve been taking it for 6 months and haven’t had issues with sleep, energy, or crashing
>>
Charlotte Pirringwater - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:58:44 EST zVgCHF4g No.4978355 Reply
>>4978349
Probably the dose is too high. He has Asperger's, and I think his ADHD is real... we've been friends for decades and he's always had a hard time paying attention. But he's definitely a weird guy to begin with so it's hard to separate everything out.

I currently just dabble in the opis.

It was a serious question, by the way. You should definitely think of your strategy. I wouldn't recommend using those long terms. Nor antidepressants. But I'm also just some dumbass on the internet, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
Evangelina - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:12:16 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978360 Reply
>>4978355
Shut the fuck up. You just called everyone who takes therapeutic doses of stimulant meds for their ADHD addicts. You don't know shit about the structural and chemical differences in the ADHD mind, nor have you ever done any outside research. Long term use of stimulant therapy in ADHD patients has actually been shown to INCREASE cognition and structural development of the brain in people with ADHD. You're just talking out of your ass, and you should honestly just defer to people who actually have ADHD because they know more about it than you do. Jesus, I've been watching you give a lot of fucking advice when it's been unwanted and unasked for. Do you realize you've been doing this a lot?
>>
Kefka - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:00:55 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978374 Reply
1585270855391.jpg -(10553B / 10.31KB, 300x100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978249
Again, the only reason these people called me in the first place is they explicitly wanted my advice. Some of the others have realized I'm totally in the right here. Jump on the bandwagon.

Also I would get that person to provide evidence she's being stalked. First I'd go over there with a firearm and "stand guard" so she could feel safe enough to fall asleep. Then we'd execute experiments until she's convinced they're real or convinced they're not real. I'd connect her with gangstalker resources too. It's not like it never happens. I'd be her ally rather than condescend to her, something nearly impossible for any mental health "professional".

Oh, and if she doesn't want my help (won't let me come over or refuses to test her theories) then I would not help her. If she wants to commit suicide NO one is ethically justified in using force to prevent her from doing that. Unlike you, I would NEVER claim to have authority over a woman's body. If she wants to kill her baby, she's allowed while it's still technically part of her body. If she wants to kill herself, she's allowed at all times.

>>4978314
You were diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder and you regularly volunteer? There's absolutely no ulterior motive such as networking or social validation? I suppose you were misdiagnosed then. Yet more evidence that the mental health industry is a quackery cartel.

I'm not saying sociopaths are physically incapable of doing things that benefit others, just that they don't get nearly the dopamine uptick from altruism that neurotypicals do. Of course, it's a spectrum as well. Maybe you're not as much of a sociopath as you think you are. One of the worst thing the mental health cartel does is put these labels on people which alter the course of their lives, oftentimes in detrimental ways.
>>
Evangelina - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:16:03 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978378 Reply
>>4978374
>ASD
>You were diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder

Lol, this guy has gotta be an elaborate troll
>>
>>
Evangelina - Thu, 26 Mar 2020 21:38:24 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978384 Reply
1585273104102.jpg -(45357B / 44.29KB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978374
>First I'd go over there with a firearm and "stand guard" so she could feel safe enough to fall asleep.
>>
George Airy - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:16:08 EST JAabUWi9 No.4978429 Reply
>>4978374
>duhhh all positive interactions is duhh dopamine thats all neuroscience is!!! duh oxytocin!

Why do pseuds like you always stop at baseline neurochemistry?
>>
Kefka - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:37:46 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978430 Reply
>>4978378
Dude, it's pretty obvious from the context of the conversation what we were talking about. I stupidly tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you made a simple typo (ASPD->ASD). But you actually have no idea what we're talking about. enthusiasm never entered the conversation and, no, I don't think enthusiastic people are sociopaths. Lmao you're really grasping at straws here man. Keep going though! I'm sure your enthusiastic flailing is entertaing others as much as me.
>>4978384
Why would she be calling the cops if she didn't want some guy with a gun to resolve the situation? Ideally the cops would just respond to her call, but if they won't and no one else will help her, I can at least provide enough peace of mind for her to sleep.
>>
Kefka - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:43:31 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978433 Reply
>>4978429
I know it's more complicated than that. And because I actually studied computational cognitive neuroscience in grad school, I also know more than any mental health professional about the chemical intricacies of the human brain.
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 02:07:50 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978453 Reply
>>4978433
I have a doctorate in biomechanical engineering. I create bionic appendages for people and I’m currently working on bionic brain structures.
Also I’m 6’6” and I’m a professional basketball player
>>
Frédy Girardet - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 02:36:17 EST ZLi0zWLw No.4978462 Reply
>>4978433

Tell me sexy doctor, this nuse is aching to know the patient's diagnosis
>>
Evangelina - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 03:33:30 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978477 Reply
1585294410102.jpg -(154113B / 150.50KB, 306x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
What if John Candy was made out of actual candy, would that be fucked up or what?
>>
Gul Macet - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 03:59:02 EST xvWZCnxR No.4978482 Reply
>>4977514
You are a detriment to civilization akin to the Nazis.

You silence victims of serious crime with fake science.

You are on the other end of a silent war against the public. You deserve to lose everything you have. You deserve to be taken down with the criminals you serve and protect. By a militia that's about 60 years overdue.
>>
>>
Kefka - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 07:18:13 EST Sqa1mMCv No.4978516 Reply
1585307893391.gif -(959451B / 936.96KB, 320x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978482
>You silence victims of serious crime with fake science.
I agree that the mental health cartel uses pseudoscience to push an agenda, but what crimes exactly are you referring to here?
>>
PollyChushfutch.uue - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 07:37:18 EST ucA6we9D No.4978518 Reply
>>4978516
I think he means that part of the mental health journey for some is to confront their abuse from a law enforcement standpoint, and OP lacks the training or knowledge or connections to provide that part of the therapeutic experience.
>>
Clank - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:32:30 EST 72T9bKyW No.4978545 Reply
>>4978257
>In a funny way my mom’s awful behaviour kind of keeps me to be accountable to my own behaviour
Yeah, I think sometimes about how my parents really modeled for me all kinds of things you shouldn't do to other people and ways you shouldn't act, from the minorly irritating stuff to...well, shit that derails your attachment capabilities for life, lol. What keeps me up at night is that their parents were abusive too and I'm sure my parents didn't want to be like that, so I worry I'm going to abuse my own kids and loved ones in some way I can't even consciously understand. But eh, both of them care a lot less about who they hurt. maybe vigilance will do it.

I'm really glad you have a good therapist; I love it when that happens. And yeah, being undercover with mental health people with BPD is pretty unbelievable. Worked with a lot of social workers and stuff before when I was doing county mental health as a job, and people would say appalling shit and often could just not put two and two together on why some of the people on their caseloads might act the way they did--especially funny as they were often simultaneously trashing the person's lack of empathy and insight.

Also, comorbid ADHD and BPD, what's that like? I don't have attentional probs myself
>>
Angus Sisslecocke - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:53:20 EST 08v020PO No.4978551 Reply
"i give free therapy" guy is the biggest tool on the planet lol
>>
Kirayoshi O'Brien - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:59:32 EST Br313oe9 No.4978554 Reply
1585317572040.jpg -(23816B / 23.26KB, 315x403) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Lmao listen to this "free therapy" bullshit LMA fucking O
>>
Nicholas Blackdale - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 10:40:34 EST XmexRjER No.4978567 Reply
Idk it kinda sounds like even the people in this thread that are pro modern mental health treatments admit that there is a non-zero chance that you will be mistreated, given pills you don't need, or just raped/beaten in inpatient... so why bother?
>>
Easty Beasty - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:53:27 EST eiO8JChA No.4978579 Reply
>>4978567
Because if you're proactive about your mental health you can avoid inpatient treatment and meds. You have a degree of autonomy, even with mental health, you can walk away from a bad therapist and you can try different treatments, yeah there's awful stuff that can go on but that's the world. People are raped, muderd and trafficked, does that mean you are guaranteed to be?
>>
Kirayoshi O'Brien - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:57:34 EST Br313oe9 No.4978580 Reply
>>4978567
If you want to reply to someone, reply to them. Don't offer up a strawman and bait people into replying to it.
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:02:36 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978581 Reply
>>4978545
I don’t meet criteria for BPD, just some traits. my impulse control is kinda fucked. I have to have something away and unavailable from me completely to not do it. I’m sure it also makes me even sluttier, lmao

I don’t plan on having kids so that solves that problem for me. I think as long as you are vigilant about caring for your mental health and stay mindful of how you’re feeling and what you’re doing, you should be okay. The difference between you and my mom is to this day she refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong and refuses to go to therapy, even though she’s miserable as fuck.
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:08:07 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978585 Reply
>>4978579
>Because if you're proactive about your mental health you can avoid inpatient treatment and meds.
This is true for some people, but absolutely not true for people with biological chronic mental illness

>>4978567
It’s the same as going to a family doctors. How many doctors have been sued and fired for malpractice? How many doctors are being charged with sexual assault? How many doctors get patients addicted to opiates?

It’s the same in every profession, some good some bad. That’s why it’s heavily regulated, to keep people accountable and prevent people like that from continuing to practice
>>
Nicholas Blackdale - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:12:52 EST XmexRjER No.4978588 Reply
>>4978580
Lol are you saying you got jibaited? Remind me not to play any leag ooog lagoos with you
>>
Easty Beasty - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:32:08 EST eiO8JChA No.4978600 Reply
>>4978585
I politely disagree. For one I don't for a second believe that you can't be proactive just because you're health problem is chronic or inate. A schizophrenic can avoid substance misuse and if they can't they can get help from drug councilors to keep them out of institutions. And being proactive isn't necessarily "curing" anything, but rather trying to healthy deal with problems, that's one of the purposes of therapy and medication. It is not a cure, but rather a means to deal with the issues mental health posses, without needing to be institutionalised, be that making lifestyle changes or seeking counselling and therapy, or avoiding triggers.

Also please remember the context that I was replying to someone arguing we shouldn't do anything for mental health because of potential for abuse.
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:56:03 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978613 Reply
>>4978600
I misunderstood your post, I thought you meant you could prevent illness from ever occurring at all. I agree that people have the power and the responsibility to manage their own mental health if they have an illness, with exception for some people with severe developmental disabilities or others who aren’t capable of making their own healthcare decisions
>>
Teacher Emma - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:31:25 EST anhFWffK No.4978665 Reply
>>4977514
Op i think ur gonna get a fair few complaints as its the people who have bad experiences who most often say something.

My experience with mental health services has been great. I was committed for a couple of months when i put my life in danger, hated it at first, was forced on meds, meds started working, and i vastly improved. I realised everyone was on my side all along.

If you are not larping i have nothing but respect for you guys you must be pretty thick skinned the stuff you hear and see.
>>
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:46:52 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978669 Reply
>>4978665
Thanks man. yea, I am used to people complaining. Sometimes they do come around when they get better, like you. My sister had a psychotic break a few years ago and i was the one who facilitated getting her into hospital. She blocked me on everything and hated me at first, but when she got better she unblocked me and apologized and thanked me, and now we’re good buddies again

and yeah, I’ve seen and heard a lot of shit. A lot of vicarious trauma to deal with.
>>
Evangelina - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:00:16 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978696 Reply
>>4978669
I think this place is a waste of your time, and you know it's a waste of your time. The amount of effort you have to put in to derive a meaningful conversation on here is definitely greater than the amount of effort you'd need to put in to have a good conversation with a stranger. There's nothing wrong with admitting that you're using this forum as a form of self-harm on occasion, and that you're weaponizing your vulnerability in an effort to harden yourself to a truth about yourself you've long been denying. You can discover the worst in anyone if you try, but the point of life is to not try to do that and to treat others better. You're going back and forth between these two states like you want to give others the benefit of the doubt and you want them all to show themselves to be better but you're not giving them the environment to do so on here.
>>
Clank - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 18:11:17 EST 72T9bKyW No.4978726 Reply
>>4978567
No, I'm completely anti-inpatient as it is right now. I think it should all be replaced with peer respite on the Soteria model or that of the Family Homes Foundation in Sweden. I have never seen benefit rom inpatient in anyone that couldn't have been gotten in some other, better way. Not anti-meds or anti-residential treatment (not what we currently have though) or anti-therapy.

Anyway, that's why I quit being a suicide hotline counselor. I have a moral objection to sending vulnerable people there.

>>4978581
Oh, okay, apologies, and thanks for the kind words, forreal.
>>
Augustus Boshridge - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 19:25:01 EST 6WypQDI4 No.4978752 Reply
1585351501394.gif -(3969814B / 3.79MB, 498x280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978696
>a truth about myself yourself you’ve long been denying
You mean the “truth” that I’m actually a POS? Or what truth do u mean
I am not trying to discover the worst in anyone, although I do want to understand what brings the worst of people out. Also I have no intention of making anyone better here, this thread was more just for my personal practice irl, although I have gained no knew knowledge from this thread tbh, although it was interesting hearing people’s experiences.

But yes otherwise I know you’re right. My “self harm” has always been weird emotional shit or other indirect ways to set myself up to feel bad. But yet here I ammm
>>
Rocket Executive Archie - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 19:26:27 EST N0NQfK+T No.4978753 Reply
>>4978752
new*** not knew.

>>4978726
what would you recommend for actively suicidal or psychotic people who refuse to participate in those programs??
>>
WilliamCullyridge.prn - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 22:35:40 EST w4QIROD6 No.4978806 Reply
1585362940318.png -(3405824B / 3.25MB, 2026x1081) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I believe Mexican Chorizo is the superior sausage cabrònes
>>
Rick Bayless - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 22:55:40 EST HKNlG3Ai No.4978813 Reply
>>4978807
smoke it, stick it in your butt, there's no wrong way to use it imho
>>
Anderson Silva - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:07:21 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978817 Reply
>>4978752
Oh lol, iunno I'm just making shit up. I was really drunk when I posted that
>>
Anderson Silva - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:08:49 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978819 Reply
>>4978806
Dude Chorizo is the best. You gotta have it with eggs, potatoes, caramelized onions, and a little shredded sharp cheddar and make it into a breakfast burrito
>>
Anderson Silva - Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:14:24 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978822 Reply
>>4978726
You don't see inpatient as a form of crisis management? I guess I've always viewed as a way to get someone to a safe place, manage the immediate threat if there is one, and immediately get them started on meds which would otherwise take weeks and months to get started on the outside, and finally release them after they make an appointment with an outside physician. That should all take no more than 7-12 days IMO
>>
Fritz Zwicky - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 06:35:45 EST yHGC4Nds No.4978940 Reply
>>4978753
Haha you...

Actual psychotic people are incapable of contextualizing their life this way because of the psychopathy.
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:09:09 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978968 Reply
>>4978940
You should look up the definition of psychotic because it's not the same thing as psychopathic. YOU FUCKING STUPID FUCKING IDIOT I WANT TO FUCKING MURDER YOU i swear to god if i could and not get caught i would
>>
>>
Carl Oullette - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:14:09 EST WARwBtgY No.4978970 Reply
>>4978968
>psychopathy means you're a psychopath
You understand things at a surface level, huh?
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:16:43 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978972 Reply
>>4978970
but... but... psychotic is not the same as psychopath.. i.. they're even spelled differently.

are.. you.. pranking me for your amusement? :,(
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:22:50 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978973 Reply
>>4978940
>>4978970
>psychotic = psychopathic

psychosis
/sīˈkōsəs/
noun
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

psychopath
/ˈsīkəˌpaTH/
noun
a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
>>
Fritz Zwicky - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:31:29 EST yHGC4Nds No.4978977 Reply
1585405889333.jpg -(65217B / 63.69KB, 1600x659) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4978973
The word psychopathy is a synonym for mental illness, it has nothing to do with being a clinical psychopath.
>>
Fritz Zwicky - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:32:51 EST yHGC4Nds No.4978978 Reply
>>4978973
In other words:
>Actual psychotic people are incapable of contextualizing their life this way because of their mental illness.
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:42:11 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978980 Reply
>>4978977
>psychopathy can be used to describe someone experiencing psychosis, or rather any disorder or mental illness

>uses the first definition google pops up without even bothering to scroll down.

You're using an outdated dictionary definition of the term 'psychopathy' which holds no relevance to it's current usage and agreed upon meaning.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/psychopathy
Psychopathy is characterized by the absence of empathy and the blunting of other affective states.

Psychopathy is a personality disorder characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/development-and-psychopathology/article/triarchic-conceptualization-of-psychopathy-developmental-origins-of-disinhibition-boldness-and-meanness/172BC63ED5C4C4C295C47DDCB01E838D

The clinical concept of psychopathy (“psychopathic personality”) is generally considered to entail persistent behavioral deviancy in the company of emotional–interpersonal detachment.
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:44:05 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978981 Reply
>>4978978
Yeah, keep using terms incorrectly all you want. It makes you look stupid. You wont find a single practicing professional nor layman who agrees with you that psychopathy is a synonym for mental illness.
>>
Georges-Henri Lemaitre - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:47:33 EST qHDF0+gN No.4978983 Reply
>>4978981
Then how do you explain that it's the top result on Google?
>>
Anderson Silva - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:49:19 EST ImKuX0U0 No.4978987 Reply
>>4978982
Sorry for not keeping up with meme arguments, you 4skin dweller.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.