Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Benzos > Alcohol

- Mon, 25 Mar 2019 14:39:45 EST 19NEnDmG No.145149
File: 1553539185092.jpg -(126350B / 123.39KB, 2048x1025) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Benzos > Alcohol
Why are benzos so much cleaner than alcohol?
Is it just me?
Even other Gaba stuff like Phenibut is beyond comparison imho
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:11:21 EST +mEGX38T No.145151 Reply
>>145149
Benzos also feel much cleaner than alcohol for me. I would say this idea is rather prevalent and more so noticeable for people who do have anxiety and/or have finally built enough of a tolerance to enjoy benzos (or are simply taking the correct dosage).
>>
Fuck Deggleham - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 07:58:02 EST okTnZmHd No.145283 Reply
>>145149
alcohol can turn me into a prick at times because of the bloated stomach/nausea
>>
Molly Fanderstet - Sat, 06 Apr 2019 15:24:26 EST e/gghaDS No.145285 Reply
Alcoholic here. I personally find alcohol to be way more recreational than benzos, although I've only tried xanax, ativan, and klonopin. None of the big boy RCs like cLam, which are supposedly very euphoric and recreational

Still love benzos and almost all GABAergic substances though. It's all up to personal preference I guess. I like taking .5mg to 1mg of klonopin with my first drink of the night and it essentially enhances the drunk feeling. Blackouts don't happen very often unless I stupidly try to redose while I'm already shitfaced

Also I like having a drink in my hand or next to me for the entire duration of the night and being able to constantly redose alcohol until I reach the perfect level of drunkenness. I feel like benzos are only mildly recreational on their own unless you add weed or booze into the mix
>>
John Garryfark - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 03:43:50 EST GOrw0xmK No.145396 Reply
>>145291
Alcohol breaks down into toxic elements. acetaldehyde, but the liver/body only metabolizes about one drink an hour or so. so drinking 3 drinks in 2 hours, and 4 5 in the next two hours, etc. The body is not keeping up. As well, much alcohol is absorbed in lower intestines, which may take a bit longer to enter the blood stream. Alcohol affects likely every organ in the body and is absorbed rapidly.

Benzos, are if you ask me pretty safe, definatelt cleaner in general. Equivalents to being stumbling drunk on benzos, not good. But as well stumbling drunk on alcohol can lead to comas, heart failure, you name it.

Alcohol poisoning, danger. Overuse of benzos, well not good but,,
>>
John Garryfark - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 03:45:29 EST GOrw0xmK No.145397 Reply
>>145285
>Alcoholic here. I personally find alcohol to be way more recreational than benzos,

Maybe eventually, alcohol will be consumed in a manner that the euphoria and all fun can fade away.
>>
faggot - Sun, 14 Apr 2019 13:40:04 EST 86LjTa31 No.145403 Reply
>>145285

Thank fucking Christ I'm not an alcoholic. Alcohol is expensive as fuck, tastes gross as fuck, and your experience typically varies wildly depending on mood/setting and it's not even a great kind of intoxication. You literally just get more retarded.

When I first turned 21 I drank alot more than usual (obviously), but now that I'm 22 that novelty has LONG work off. Maybe you should just grow up or something? Alcohol really isn't that great at all, and benzos are far more effective at treating anxiety if you actually have it, unless you're on of those pieces of shit abusing them for "recreation"
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Mon, 15 Apr 2019 01:07:00 EST I6YS7H0F No.145414 Reply
>>145403
Damn, 22 years old already? Alcohol isn't for everyone. A lot of liquor has an acquired taste. Objectively, the effects are rather desirable for most people. I mean, alcohol is legal and has destroyed countless lives but not everyone who drinks is "retarded" or not grown up like you are. There's more to alcohol and benzodiazepines than meets the eye. And in terms of recreation, well, benzos are often abused and combined with other drugs. Abusing benzos doesn't automatically make someone a piece of shit much in the same way that taking benzos as prescribed doesn't make someone a decent person.
>>
Ernest Fucklelock - Sun, 28 Apr 2019 06:06:04 EST 4KRku3x0 No.145562 Reply
yes benzos are cleaner

tbh it's ghb/gbl > the best benzos + a few beers > the best benzos > ok benzos > alcohol > shitty benzos (lorazepam, diclazepam)
>>
Jesus Christ - Thu, 02 May 2019 17:02:13 EST vm8Mk4Kz No.145611 Reply
1556830933774.jpg -(93517B / 91.33KB, 430x325) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
On topic, I believe that alcohol targets additional GABA receptors in the brain. Or maybe its benzos that target more GABA receptors. It's one or the other, and accounts for differences in subjective effects.

>>145403

>alcohol
>expensive as fuck
There is not a drug that is cheaper to buy or easier to manufacture than alcohol. For ~$8 you can brew up two gugugugallons of wine. For $8, I can buy two xanax, a shitty amount of shitty weed, or maybe a single line of coke.

>tastes gross as fuck
Is choccy milk your favorite drink or something? What about a nice Bordeaux, or finger of good bourbon with a little ice?

>You literally just get more retarded
"bartards" is a term for a reason. I would expect someone drunk off a couple shots to be much less retarded than someone that just chomped down a couple xans
>>
faggot - Thu, 02 May 2019 21:40:22 EST 86LjTa31 No.145615 Reply
>>145611

Sorry you have shit prices in your area. I get good prices straight from the pharmacy.

Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol. Sure they all have a slightly different taste, but it all taste gross as fuck.

And yes, "bartards" are fucking retarded. Which is a shame for people who actually need benzos, because bartards make us all look like fucking idiots. They're pieces of shit who abuse benzos because it's the fad right now and/or "just want to get fucked up"
>>
Jesus Christ - Thu, 02 May 2019 23:30:34 EST vm8Mk4Kz No.145617 Reply
>>145615
Dude, SO many people would disagree that ALL alcohol tastes bad. Maybe billions!

And I dont care what you pay at the pharmacy, its not cheaper than water, sugar, yeast
>>
faggot - Fri, 03 May 2019 00:28:45 EST 86LjTa31 No.145618 Reply
>>145617

Yeah, I don't care what people have to say about the taste of alcohol, it's all opinion anyway. Sure, some of it is pretty alright (for alcohol) but the actual substance of alcohol taste like shit. The substance that's used in all alcoholic beverages.

I've had $200 Crown whiskey (can't recall specific details), tried very expensive brandy, scotch, and rum from a buddy of mine, and while they were certainly better than fucking cheap vodka they still tasted bad. Alcohol taste bad.

>I don't care what you pay at the pharmacy, it's not cheaper than sugar, water, yeast

This has got to be the most retarded thing I've read all day. I can get 60x 2mg Clonazepam and 60x 2mg Xanax at the pharmacy for $10-$12 bucks each all day. That is most CERTAINLY cheaper than going to the liquor store, and finding a halfway decent bottle of booze, let alone a good one. Not to mention it's much, MUCH more therapeutic.

I'm sorry you have to rely on shitty street prices to abuse your benzos, bud, but you're just straight up wrong on that front.

nb because this argument is straight up retarded
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Fri, 03 May 2019 01:34:18 EST t8lReBf3 No.145619 Reply
1556861658010.gif -(1820612B / 1.74MB, 176x144) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>145615
Fucking christ, dude. You come off so god damn pretentious.

>I get good prices straight from the pharmacy.
Solid! Do you have any clue how many posters on /benz/ have long-term benzo prescriptions? Get the fuck off of your high horse.

>Alcohol is alcohol is alcohol
Yeah, alcohol breaks down into ethanol in the body. Beyond this there is a stark difference between a $10 bottle of Kentucky bourbon and a $40 bottle of single malt Scotch. Cheaper liquor has more of a "head" to it, which creates a worse hangover. Alcohol distilled for longer periods is typically associated with less of a headache and lesser degree of hangovers. Regardless, a hangover is impending for excess drinking.

>bartards make us look like fucking idiots.
Yup. The individuals who just want "a bar, man!" and "need to pop a xan" make all of us look bad. The reality is the opioid epidemic is in full force with the "benzo epidemic" slowly gaining traction as there have been an immense amount of overdose deaths involving benzodiazepines over the past couple of decades.

>They're pieces of shit
No, just no. The amount of judgment and self-righteousness in your posts are vomit-inducing. People are not inherently bad for abusing drugs, glorifying drugs, and having drug dependency. Go explore the world a bit more and get back to the board with all of your wisdom, however infinite it may be, in a few years when you aren't just a 22-year-old douche posting on /benz/.
>>
faggot - Fri, 03 May 2019 02:19:08 EST 86LjTa31 No.145623 Reply
>>145619

Wasn't trying to be pretentious in the slightest, friend. Was merely refuting his point that benzos were "so much more expensive than alcohol" because he gets shit prices off the streets, when in fact the opposite is true if you have a legitimate prescription.

I stand by my opinion of "bartards" being immature garbage if they don't have a legitimate medical reason for benzos, other than to "I just wanna get fucked up broooo". That's shitty for the rest of us who really NEED benzos for therapeutic reasons.

I never said anybody is a piece of shit for abusing drugs or having drug dependency. Now, if these people wanted to pop xans to experiment and fell into the hole of dependency that's a different story, but I'm talking about kids who listen to their favorite mumble rapper and pop bars to look cool.

I do not think I am being self righteous at all, but yes I do judge the people who use benzos as a fad. It's childish and stupid and makes us all look bad.

Sorry to upset you, and I genuinely mean this in the least dickish way possible, but I think you may have misinterpreted my post a bit.
>>
Fuck Chommerham - Thu, 23 May 2019 04:20:49 EST dlLcl2tJ No.145896 Reply
>>145611

>I believe that alcohol targets additional GABA receptors in the brain. Or maybe its benzos that target more GABA receptors. It's one or the other, and accounts for differences in subjective effects.

There's more to it than that. Outside of the different effects at GABA receptors (IIRC alcohol is an agonist at GABAa while benzos increase the effects of GABAa agonists including GABA itself) alcohol also has some dissociative effects through NMDA receptors and I think there might be a few other sites too. Alcohol also has an indirect effect on opioid receptors.q
>>
Chan - Thu, 23 May 2019 05:52:20 EST inxwOrur No.145897 Reply
>>145896
Don't qoute but I'm pretty sure Benzodiazipines are GABA receptor modulators formost & primarily act on GABA-b
>>
George Mockleforth - Thu, 23 May 2019 13:31:02 EST jING6INF No.145906 Reply
>>145879

Good job bumping a dead thread just to call somebody a cunt smh
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Thu, 23 May 2019 16:49:23 EST I6YS7H0F No.145908 Reply
>>145906
smh? Is that an acronym for “sharing musical heroin” or “shaming my hard-on,” or something similar? I honestly cannot keep up with the kids these days.

nb
>>
Polly Fallykore - Fri, 24 May 2019 02:25:57 EST dlLcl2tJ No.145919 Reply
>>145897
I won't cos they're not. They're GABAa Positive Allosteric Modulators.
>>
Oliver Sinningstuck - Fri, 24 May 2019 14:33:54 EST 0AkEDOL3 No.145924 Reply
1558722834576.jpg -(23520B / 22.97KB, 594x670) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>145285

Agree, alcohol is more recreational and enjoyable. Benzos affect your memory bad too and you can be very delusional about your own sobriety.

>>145396

Safe in the right doses, If you do mix it with other downer or tend to redose or drink alcohol they can be he fucking devil. Overuse of benzos is terrible for your memory, and you look like a cool zombie, pretty dangerous too. You are just a pussy.

>>145403

You have a wide range of prices and alot of drinks to choose, it doesn´t all taste like shit. It can be relaxing, fun, nostalgic and it is a great way to socialize with other people. Grow up? I get it that you don´t like it but you seem mad at alcohol.
Is your father an alcoholic or something?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.