Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Gabapentin and Pregabalin: GABAergic Drugs of Importance

!KqgSR25gAQ - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 06:54:55 EST pDyRe7aP No.147680
File: 1573991695424.jpg -(3627B / 3.54KB, 320x157) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Gabapentin and Pregabalin: GABAergic Drugs of Importance
There is a possibility of receiving a script for either in the coming future. Personally, I only have experience with gabapentin, and holy shit, the variance of effects between dosages can really sneak up on you. I have never had the opportunity to take pregabalin, but I've head stories from loving the drug to downright loathing its existence without anyone falling in the middle range.

Who prefers one over the other and why?

Are the drugs better in isolation or taken in combination with other drugs?
>>
Charles Padgehall - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:35:57 EST JuCESENH No.147683 Reply
1574022957053.jpg -(71019B / 69.35KB, 360x404) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147680
They both literally just slow your brain function and will fuck you off worse than benzos
>>
Edwin Smallforth - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:47:26 EST MzcbMLWn No.147687 Reply
>>147683
Dont agree with this, id say benzos are far more liable to fuck you up than pregabalin

Pregabalin helps my anxiety and fives me a cozy euphoric buzz, benzos will be better at flatout killing the fight or flight reponse and cause amnesia oregabalin doesnt really have the "black out" aspect of benzos.

I feel quite chstty and more able to do things on moderate doses of oregabalin, makes life more barable and makes me feel at ease where as benzos just make me fo rget what im feeling at all, which isnt always bad

Theyre different drugs
>>
Chan - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:58:40 EST laZ0f0iO No.147688 Reply
1574099920511.png -(115848B / 113.13KB, 1280x1254) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147680
Pregabalin = 3-iB-Gabapentin (3-iso-butyl-gabapentin)
It seems like a next generation gabapentin with increased bio-availability.
Dose-dependent increase in GABA precursor GAD levels in the brain. So an overall increase in the amount of GABA which would possibly potentiate benzodiazepines, ethanol (Positive allosteric modulators) etc.
Doesn't bind to GABA receptors or modulate GABA receptors.

pregabalin > gabapentin
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 22:06:04 EST pDyRe7aP No.147694 Reply
>>147687
Interesting. Thanks for the comments. I should probably clarify that gabapentin or pregabalin would be used in addition to opiates for pain relief while I would still have a benzo and z-drug script. I thought /benz/ would be a more apt place to write this thread due to its association (not action) with GABAergics.

In terms of blacking out, I definitely blacked out a couple of times with gabapentin alone and in combination with booze/benzos.

>>147688
Gabapentin and pregabalin, at least I thought for many years, acted on GABAb. Which, is weird to have considered when neither drug modulate GABA receptors. Anecdotally, the drugs definitely have synergy with benzodiazepines. As much as potentiation goes I cannot say for certain.
Objectively, pregabalin is stronger and allegedly less sedating. I wonder how both are for pain especially when combined with opioids, muscle relaxants, and/or benzodiazepines.

>Major thanks Chan
Also, how's your 1% reduction per week taper going? The last I remember a couple of months back you were down to single digits milligrams of diazepam, which is fantastic.
>>
Chan - Tue, 19 Nov 2019 02:37:55 EST jNj5d/Jt No.147696 Reply
>>147694
No problem, Yea they are quite weird I believe the are target both the alpha-a-sigma1 & alpha-a-sigma2 GABA receptor sites and that leads to the calcium inhibition which is where the similarities in therapeutic/recreation effects with other substances (Benzodiazepines etc.) appear as I believe calcium inhibition or release is how GABA mediates itself.
I believe pain wise they are prescribed for neuropathic, epilepsy & spasms. I believe you would know more how about those would interact, pain medication's pharmacology has never been my forte.

Getting close to 1mg now hopefully within 2-3 weeks 4 absolute max I will be on 0mg. Couple of rocky days at 15mg & 5mg apart from that haven't noticed many if any WD symptoms.

I hope is all well with you. Thank you as well for providing great information to people on this board. Nice to see someone helping people out, sometimes a bit worrying (to a lesser extent surprising) how little people know about a variety of substances when using them recreationally.
>>
Reuben Blazzlelock - Thu, 21 Nov 2019 05:15:58 EST gmbPsdkB No.147712 Reply
1574331358960.jpg -(130666B / 127.60KB, 500x438) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Some really interesting posts in this thread thanks guys
i'm prescribed pregabalin as an anxiolytic, i sometimes take more than i'm prescribed and find it gives me a cozy glow, makes life less abbraisive an deverything softer- but it will make your brain foggy. Sometimes just a 200-300mg dose is good through the day, I even combine it with ritalin sometimes when I was in uni and i'd turn up with a smile on my face but still with some concentration

>>147696
i don't know you but well done mate go with the mommentum!
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Thu, 21 Nov 2019 08:44:54 EST wsOFceLF No.147715 Reply
>>147696
Interesting. I planned to take a psychopharmacology course as one of my doctoral electives, but all of my master’s level electives were able to count. Damn shame! I can see your really getting into the mechanism of action and trying to garner a better understanding of these drugs.

Technically speaking, I don’t have neuropathy but I do have muscle spasms. Pain medication pharmacology is quite interesting, but I haven’t formally studied about opioids and haven’t much in my independent academic endeavors.

>close to 1mg now
Yes! Massive congratulations, Chan. Keep up the good fight and ride this taper out. I always love to hear how everyone’s taper goes. Technically dosages should never be raised on a taper, but I did so a couple of times without any problem (e.g. instead of a 2.5mg BID or 7.5mg TID I would take maybe a higher dose in the morning or at night but still try to stay within daily limits). I only exceeded my daily taper a couple of times with 5mg diazepam instead of 2.5mg per day, but it was brief.

>I hope all is well with you.
Thanks, Chan. How are your academic pursuits going? Last we talked I know you were wanting to enroll in university.

As for me, my wife and I have been getting along much better as we brave the first year of marriage together. My doctoral program is demanding, challenging, yet exactly what I would have wanted and more. I’m learning a lot and loving the majority of coursework. My pain management has been going better as well, so I can’t complain. Post-taper I use diazepam maybe 3x/week, which only days I’m on campus. And even then I’m taking 5-15mg at once or in two doses rather than up to 30mg for the day.
My family life is a bit in shambles, but I cannot really discuss those circumstances here.

>sometimes a bit worrying
The general public’s lack of testing their drugs is beginning to shift, but as a whole too many people don’t know or even care how drugs affect them. People just want to get high, numb, escape, have a good time, or whatever else.
>>
Isabella Gablingville - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:16:07 EST LUrXJRKn No.147746 Reply
1574712967169.jpg -(224921B / 219.65KB, 1000x790) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147680 I'm on 450mg of pregabalin, i love it. I used to be addicted to it and the withdrawal was a bitch but i spaced out my dose daily and it ws easy to quit that way. The euphoric sensation that pregabalin gives you is lovely, i prefer it to xanax, but as they say it makes you a bit retarded.
About combos, I like to take it with codeine, I take 450mg pregabalin and 600mg of codeine but this is not a starter dose, i have a lot of experience with this combo.
Pregabalin is great for anxiety, very great, makes life more easy to bare.
It's good for insomnia.
Pregablin is my secret weapon when i have severe depression.
I think that if you take it for long periods it's going to fuck up your brain more than benzos. You can become and idiot amneziac zombie, it affects your memory a lot.
Love -hate relantionship on the long term i'd say.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Fri, 29 Nov 2019 03:04:25 EST wsOFceLF No.147775 Reply
>>147746
450mg pregabalin is quite a large dose. Have you taken gabapentin before? A friend of mine would always get 300mg gabapentin caps, so taking 600mg to 3,600mg was not uncommon by any means. But I haven't had access to gabapentin in at least 4 years now.

>I take it with codeine
Is this more for recreation, pain management, or both? And yeah, 450mg pregabalin is pretty damn high (I think the maximum daily dosage is 600mg spread out over two 300mg doses). Legitimately, my usage would be for pain management but I would not complain at all if the drug decreases anxiety, helps with depressive symptoms, and makes falling asleep easier. That, and certainly the synergy with opiates and benzos.

>...My secret weapon when I have severe depression
You've caught my interest. Care to elaborate a bit on this? I don't personally have depressive symptoms often, but sometimes my anxiety and pain levels do negatively impact my mood.

>Affects your memory a lot
Pretty much all GABAergic drugs will have some impact upon memory with long-term usage and/or high quantity consumption.

What I still do not fully understand are the dosing conversations for gabapentin and pregabalin. There's next to no consensus. Some reports state pregabalin is at least 2x stronger than gabapentin while others state pregabalin is roughly 6x stronger than gabapentin. https://olh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/What-conversion-ratio-is-recommended-between-pregabalin-and-gabapentin.pdf
>>
Barnaby Sanderdock - Fri, 29 Nov 2019 21:39:02 EST yIMG9OKc No.147781 Reply
>>147680
Avoid them. They suck. Stick with benzos and a dash of opiates or whatever you do atm. Was on gabapentin for years, many doses, mixed with all drugs, took lyrica few times too, ask whatever.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Sat, 30 Nov 2019 05:34:21 EST pDyRe7aP No.147783 Reply
>>147781
Without sounding cocky or completely addicted, I want to state my stance out of the gate. Regardless of being prescribed benzodiazepines, opioids, muscle relaxants, and other classes of drugs I ultimately refuse to give up benzos AND opioids. I'll stop taking a specific medication or even class of drugs, but there is no way in hell I would have progressed this far in my academic, occupational, and social career/life without the medicinal properties of benzodiazepines and opiates.

>Whatever you do atm
I am prescribed an opiate, a long-lasting benzo, a short-acting benzo PRN, a z-drug PRN, muscle relaxers, hydroxyzine, an anti-depressant (no relief from anxiety symptoms, so my doc has zero clue what to do, so benzos were just prescribed in the same manner as with other docs) and ondansetron (Zofran) for nausea.

The entire point of my doc mentioning gabapentin and pregabalin had been for pain reduction, which is the primary concern. However, if some added insomnia or anxiety relief occurs no party would complain.

>Ask whatever
I only have experience with gabapentin between 600mg and 3,600mg. But, I haven't taken the drug in well over 4 going on 5 years. How does gabapentin compare to pregabalin in terms of effects? I noticed there is no consensus regarding potency differences with some reports citing a 1:6 ratio with pregabalin being much, much more potent.

Lower doses of gabapentin, let's say around 600mg, were rather sedating and great for combos with benzos and booze. However, such a dose would nearly have me nodding off and eventually knock my ass out. Higher dosages, 1,800mg to 3,600mg, had more of a stimulating effect and were more akin to hallucinogenic drugs than GABAergic drugs based on subjective feeling, mindset, and even some visual distortions.

>Ask whatever
How do either of the two drugs relieve pain compared to weak opioids?
How do either of the drugs help reduce anxiety and insomnia compared to well-known benzos?
What makes one of the two drugs stand out from one another (positive and negative), and why?
Which of the two drugs do you prefer and what is your rationale for said preference?

>Stick with benzos and a dash of opiates
Well, that is the plan! Or, at least I think the plan is to be on benzos and opiates indefinitely. Certainly, I do not want to lose ALL of my benzo and/or z-drug scripts for gabapentin or pregabalin.
>>
Hamilton Cesslehud - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 16:54:08 EST 55DIibZS No.147792 Reply
1575237248878.png -(347171B / 339.03KB, 1036x575) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147783
Bit rambling but short on time.

>no way in hell I would have progressed this far in my academic, occupational, and social career/life without the medicinal properties of benzodiazepines and opiates.
Agreed. Drugs like opiates and benzos can be a wonderful gas. If I could get an opiate rx I would totally go to med or law school.
>How does gabapentin compare to pregabalin in terms of effects?
I have way more gabapentin exp but pregabs feel like a more potent version of gabapentin. I don't have any experience with high dose pregab abuse but taking moderate doses felt like a heavier gabapentin, I dont think pain reduction was that much better, but the brain fog/retardation and numbness/oblivion and euphoria were much more pronounced. Maybe if one got tolerant to gabapentin's pain relief, pregabalin could be an option. iirc I never got tolerant to gabapentins analgesia like I would with the same dose of opiates.
>Lower doses of gabapentin, let's say around 600mg, were rather sedating and great for combos with benzos and booze. However, such a dose would nearly have me nodding off and eventually knock my ass out. Higher dosages, 1,800mg to 3,600mg, had more of a stimulating effect and were more akin to hallucinogenic drugs than GABAergic drugs based on subjective feeling, mindset, and even some visual distortions.
Agreed, high doses of gabs are stimulating and somewhat trippy; first few big doses were great as any other recreational drug exp. I think lower dose gabapentin is a good opiate potentiator, however you get to the problem, you could be on some fine opana/heroin/dilaudid but if you weren't feeling good off your gabs, you would not be able to enjoy the opiates at all. It also dumbs down the whimsical dreamy opi thoughts and makes the body high more pronounced. Makes nod come on more easily.

>How do either of the two drugs relieve pain compared to weak opioids?
Honestly, gabapentin is a great painkiller, however, at least in my experience most of its effects come by making you dumb and oblivious to your state. Opiates relieve pain by turning it off, essentially. Gabapentin makes you too dumb and dissociated to think about it. Gabapentin works for nerve pain and other type of pain not covered by anything short of high dose/potent opis.
>How do either of the drugs help reduce anxiety and insomnia compared to well-known benzos?
They offer great anxiety relief...they made me feel so dumb I couldnt think about anxiety or whatever introspective neurotic thoughts lead to self conscious anxiety. Stupid fearless on a good staggered dose of gabapentin. Been too many years to explain how its different than benzos. For insomnia, they potentiate other downers well so they might help in that regard, might get to the point where you need gabapentin to get good sleep, since benzos and most other drugs wont cover the calcium channel action gabapentin mostly works by.
>What makes one of the two drugs stand out from one another (positive and negative), and why?
Pregabalin in my limited exp seemed like a more potent heavier Gabapentin. Gabapentin was way cheaper too. Gabapentin had a ceiling, where taking 6000mg isnt much more than like 3000mg, probably because you have to stagger the doses. While I never was able to take as many pregabs as I wanted, there didnt seem to be a ceiling or it was much higher, possibly because you dont have to stagger pregabalin as much to get a good recreational effect. For low doses you'd probably have to try both to see what you get.
>Which of the two drugs do you prefer and what is your rationale for said preference?
I probably would choose unlimited pregabalin since its more abuseable, taking gabapentin/pregabalin in low doses never offered me relief, I would have to take at least 1200mg gabapentin to get anxiety/pain relief, lower doses only worked when I was using other drugs that I wanted to enjoy, but needed to feed the gabapentin monkey to enjoy other drugs (and didnt want a high dose of gabapentin to further dull the other drugs). Did a good bit of tramadol and gabapentin, it worked for my at the time, terrible pain, allowed me to have a nice qol except it made me a bumbling retard.

Opiates and benzos work well together, especially if youre smart about dosing them. IME, Gabapentin does not mesh well, its been too many years since using to explain well, but mostly: it is a dumb drug, it made me dumb, higher doses I couldnt even do basic arithmetic, lower doses still blunted me. Opiates and benzos dosed proper can slow your brain down and light it up without retarding you. I found it impossible to use gabapentin without clouding up my head. There is also that "study" Neurontin and Lyrica are Highly Toxic to New Brain Synapses. I would not be surprised to find gabapentin and lyrica are particularly bad for long term health, while opiates and benzos can be used for a lifetime with relatively little problem.
>>
Lillian Blathergold - Sun, 01 Dec 2019 18:46:01 EST p46V5NVZ No.147794 Reply
>>147793
Oregabalin* auto correct changed it in my above post
>>
James Pickfuck - Wed, 04 Dec 2019 00:45:32 EST bC/ig2iC No.147809 Reply
>>147680
Gabapentin didnt do much for me it seemed like...havnt tried the other.
>>
Alice Siffingpire - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:55:38 EST EX73QyG+ No.147850 Reply
I like gabapentin and lyrica more than I do opiates and I prefer them over actual benzos. The high I get from my experience with these is incredible, both mental and physical.
>>
William Danningpidge - Mon, 13 Jan 2020 09:25:32 EST 0Dh7Ug8R No.148090 Reply
interesting thread, i'm doing 1000mg plus of pregabalin regularly, I find it stimulating more than anything, usually helps me read for hours which seems contradictory to the brain fog retardation mentioned here
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Fri, 17 Jan 2020 01:20:57 EST 6fGmZV4r No.148107 Reply
>>147792
Shit, I meant to reply 1.5 months back. Major thanks for all of the well stated, in depth information. As of yet I am still more interested in benzos, but I would not replace a benzo with gabapentin or pregabalin. Then again, that's just me.
Based on my experiences I would agree that gabapentin has a certain "dumb" feeling, but I would say the same stupor is probably due to being intolerant of the drug. Or, the fogginess of the drug is something more pronounced for some than others (of course).

>>147850
In my case the idea was surrounding keeping a benzo around in addition to gabapentin, but more likely pregabalin. If I can I'd like to avoid taking much else on top of the shit I'm already prescribed. No sense in pushing myself too close to death.

>>148090
1,000mg pregabalin is relatively high. Is this dosage for pain relief, anxiety, and/or recreation or what exactly? Hmm. The lack of brain fog, in your experience, is good to hear. Some people think opiates or benzos are too cloudy and put them into a stupor. Gotta love individuality and subjective drug reactions.
A lot of people are prescribed gabapentin or pregabalin in North America. Both drugs are crazy popular. People seem a bit on the fence about the fogginess. Alleged, pregabalin is less sedating than gabapentin. Any merit to this?
>>
Charles Blatherhall - Thu, 07 May 2020 03:13:06 EST ElZYhoes No.148854 Reply
1588835586717.png -(29533B / 28.84KB, 1200x959) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Hey guys i started taking gabapentin to ease withdrawal from opioids but now I have tremors in my legs and arms. Is this normal? How do I stop it? Is it dangerous? Thanks for any help you can offer.
>>
The Fagster - Fri, 08 May 2020 18:37:40 EST qHaOX4jl No.148867 Reply
Pregabalin for fun
gabapentin for sleep
lyrica is euphoric as fuck for me and even smallish doses make me really happy
gabapentin, not done it much but its very relaxing after a long day working.

I would only smoke weed on pregabs but have taken light doses of f-phenibut and valium but it just kills the fun and mongs me out too much like being too drunk but without the nausea.
>>
Samuel Fucklewill - Thu, 14 May 2020 19:01:31 EST drXTBcjz No.148910 Reply
1589497291571.jpg -(133049B / 129.93KB, 960x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>148867
>lyrica is euphoric as fuck for me and even smallish doses make me really happy
It does, doesn't it? I feel like nothing really grinds up against me as it normally does, and that i'm happy to talk to people and sort of smile more.

Just don't take too much fellas, it can take a while to kick in and before you know it the extra doses you took catch up with you and youre twitching like you've got parkison
>>
DTMO - Thu, 21 May 2020 03:24:03 EST rydVB5b2 No.148952 Reply
>>148910
>Twitching
Yeah, it gets bad especially as I usually combine it with meth. Fuck I miss phenibut, even more euphoric and the nootropic/stimulant effects paired perfectly with meth.
>>
DTMO - Thu, 21 May 2020 03:51:25 EST rydVB5b2 No.148953 Reply
Also pregabalin gets hallucinogenic at high doses and markedly increases the effects of LSD.
>>147683
You say that like benzos don't slow you down and make you stupider (while heavily benzed anyway).
I gotta say that phenibut was better than pregabalin imo.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.