Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Questions about SSRN, Alcohol, and Benzo Cross-tolerance

- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:05:34 EST VSM1fhal No.148165
File: 1579899934420.jpg -(608771B / 594.50KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Questions about SSRN, Alcohol, and Benzo Cross-tolerance
To make the story short, I'm currently prescribed aplrolozam for general anxiety (generics but they're real cus scripts from pharmacy), I'm also prescribed an SSRN (effexor) and amitryptyline for insominia/depression. I also drink a fair amount, much less than I used to but, probably once or twice a week to excess.

The other night (not drinking or taking the amitryptyline for insomnia or any other substance) I took 4 of the 1mg tabs (so 2 bars), and I felt almost nothing. It might be worth mentioning I weigh a lot, like the 230lbs range, and have always had a massive tolerance when it comes to booze.

To be fair in the week leading up to the other night I had been taking diazepam from a previous script I held (like 20-30mgs) once or twice.

Is the ssrn, weight, amitrptyline, and baseline booze tolerance having an effect on my tolerance for xanax? I feel like taking more than 2 bars is a bit risky, but given the mild/nil effects from two bars, I'm wondering how to proceed?
>>
dr. m - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 21:07:00 EST UOwPxq3y No.148170 Reply
>>148165
Effexor is an SNRI btw, not a "SSRN." That's not a thing.

It's at least ~50%+ the booze cross tolerance, and absolutely the valium had a huge impact, as it lasts so long in your system and thus rapes your tolerance disproportionately. Both explain 90%+ of the reason. If you have a natural tolerance to GABA-related drugs of any kind (booze included), then yeah there's always going to be some degree of cross tolerance. I've always felt like benzos raise my booze tolerance more than booze raises my benzo tolerance, if that makes any sense, but they both definitely share incomplete tolerance.

Effexor has 0 direct impact on benzo tolerance, and amitryptyline I'm not as sure on, but since it's a TCA, it has all sorts of effects. It looks like it does raise your tolerance to at least one aspect of booze (the NMDA antagonism), but even then it's only weakly, and that mechanism doesn't exist for benzos.
>>
Shit Pockman - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 22:13:57 EST VSM1fhal No.148172 Reply
>>148170

Thanks for the info!

Another question, provided I take only my xanax script (which is issued in 1mg tabs for as needed use, but have refills) maybe once or twice a week as prescribed, will the layover tolerance from diazepam eventually fade away? I take the amitrytyline almost every night for sleep unless I plan to drink to use the xanax in larger doses. Just don't want to have to take 3 or 4 bars to feel good lol

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.