Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Getting (slightly) emotional on my Klonopin

- Sun, 17 May 2020 09:52:02 EST dO7EI2pa No.148918
File: 1589723522413.jpg -(95024B / 92.80KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Getting (slightly) emotional on my Klonopin
As y'all know I've been on Clonazepam for quite a few years now.

Well in the past few days I've noticed that in the first few hours of taking it, I seem to be a bit hypersensitive or even, well, a little anxious. After a while I chill out, but like day before yesterday I had to talk to the principal of the school I teach at and she had to repeatedly assure me over the course of 30 minutes that I was doing fine, that being hired for only a couple of months means of course I won't be perfect and make mistakes, and that she has absolutely no plans to terminate or thinks that I'm "not cut out for this job" (which is what I kept thinking she thought of me).

Then today I took my afternoon dose and I let slip to someone in another department that one of our departments is having an overhaul, and I was reprimanded saying that it was supposed to be kept under wraps. I was completely in a panic (not anxiety attack, but convinced that I was going to get terminated for my verbal diarrhea). My principal and my foreign affairs manager both said it wasn't the end of the world, that they clarified what was going on with the head of that department, and told me just to be careful what I say to certain people on campus. They had to take me into a meeting room and repeatedly tell me it's okay as I said "I'm so sorry" about thousand times.... however, eventually I hit my benzo plateau and was able to get back to work.

Anyone else ever gotten overly emotional on Clonazepam, even for a temporary moment? Or maybe it's just me still getting used to my new job and my new life here in a new country......
>>
lol - Mon, 18 May 2020 18:40:51 EST xQEqVS9+ No.148927 Reply
>>148918
That's actually one of the main reasons I stopped taking benzos recreationally like I used to, even if I wasn't anxious I would just get unreasonably upset and sad over little things so while my anxiety would go away I still felt miserable as fuck. I personally believe it has to do with our personal issues or underlying conflicts in our lives. That's my guess at least. Not something easy to figure out or fix. You did also move to a place where I assume you don't know a ton of people on top of the added social pressure or being around others while worrying about performance. The different cultural changes could be anxiety inducing too. I tend to notice people who have anxiety do not really do well with change as much as others. Anyway I hope you feel better dawg.
>>
High Strung - Tue, 19 May 2020 04:27:53 EST uMfAgQG2 No.148932 Reply
>>148927
Makes sense. I mean, it's not TOO bad.... like right now I'm on 3mg Clonazepam and I went out shopping and didn't feel anxious and I happily conversed in broken Chinese with store employees or with the police officer that guards the gate to our apartment complex,, and I'm currently chilling in my apartment feeling mighty groovy. but I get super worried about work a good bit. I got a text from a coworker earlier today about 45 minutes after taking my morning dose and I had to take a few deep breaths and ask "Is everything okay with the way I did it?" twice.

I don't have any panic attacks but I will ruminate over any mistake or potential mistake in the workplace and have to have one of my superiors console me. Maybe when I fully settle into my job I'll chill out, you might be right that I'm just still adjusting to things because in the 7 years I've been on benzos I've never been this way unless I take heroic-ass Soundcloud rapper-level doses.
>>
High Strung - Tue, 19 May 2020 04:36:53 EST uMfAgQG2 No.148933 Reply
>>148932
ADDENDUM: I think one aspect of culture shock I'm having trouble with is that is that a fellow expat coworker told me Chinese are very dry and blunt in their text messages.

Example: I have a coworker who is plucky, bubbly, and a joy to be around at the office but when we're texting on WeChat she comes across as a snappy bitch. There are also quite a few other Chinese people I've met who seem very cold and standoffish in text messages that I have a tendency to interpret as them being upset/annoyed with me.

I guess it's just a cultural thing I have to get used to, but if I've taken my meds it DEFINITELY hits me harder than it usually does.
>>
Chan - Tue, 19 May 2020 05:15:05 EST hRPL9Cxg No.148934 Reply
>>148933
Very much a cultural thing. It's kind of analogues to "how are you?" in the west but we actually don't care how you are. It's the same sort of cultural/social thing. Nicest people you'll ever meet despite what it seems in texts also helps if you speak mandarin.
>>
High Strung - Tue, 19 May 2020 07:28:16 EST uMfAgQG2 No.148936 Reply
>>148934
Oh agreed! When I came here 5 years ago to study for a summer in Zhengzhou I loved the hospitality, kindness, and the constant inviting me out to events, and the same has been true this time around: I've already been on a date and people have invited me to late-night kickbacks filled with great food and conversation. My neighbors and the shopkeepers love the silly laowai who speaks in broken sentences with funny hand gestures and exaggerated faces (I'm a very expressive and flamboyant person with my nonverbal communication, so most of the time people understand the point I'm getting across).

I didn't use WeChat or text much in 2015 because our student delegation were given cheap PandaPhones so my Chinese classmates would call and wouldn't text. So this time around it's a good bit different.

It's funny because when I lived in Russia for a bit, it was the exact opposite: Russians seem stoic, cold, and even a bit grouchy when you're first getting to know them, but via text message they're actually rather expressive imo.

Anyway, in terms of benzos, interestingly enough my new GP had no problem prescribing my Clonazepam. In America so many people, upon switching doctors, get taken off their benzos cuz "ZOMG BENZOS = THE DEVIL!!!" but my new doctor was just like "Clonazepam? Okay. For sleep and PTSD? Yes? Okay."

I also find it funny that Chinese 2mg Klonopin pills resemble tiny breath mints. Seriously they look like those mini-Altoids.
>>
Barnaby Sabblematch - Thu, 21 May 2020 23:42:42 EST 86LjTa31 No.148960 Reply
Obviously the face that you're in a totally different country and totally different culture. You answered your own question. You just want attention since Katz and dr.m and those other namefags aren't around anymore to stroke you off.

Fuck off you fucking faggot.
>>
High Strung - Tue, 26 May 2020 08:47:04 EST wLVM6/r5 No.149017 Reply
>>148960
1) Yeah man, are you dry?

2) As I've said to you and maybe one other person.... you know, if I bother you so much with my presence, you don't HAVE to read my posts. You can scroll past them or press "Ignore User" and hide them. Simple as that. SLAYER to you nonetheless.

NB
>>
Kim Il Sung - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 01:19:25 EST cTn1KiJ5 No.149053 Reply
Clonazepam makes me cry like a bitch sometimes. Very much emotional more than other benzos. I'll cry over how rad an album is or some shit. lmao.
LACK of Klonopin.

now that's some cryin
>>
Frederick Grandhood - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 14:25:26 EST BGH46ohv No.149056 Reply
Yes benzos can do that, especially if youre taking your normal dose or lower than normal, ime.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Fri, 05 Jun 2020 14:30:46 EST /xCHYmXq No.149073 Reply
I wouldn't say clonazepam in specific, but when taking a benzo frequently and taking a lower dosage or missing a dosage there have been times i become more emotional. While not typical or frequent, I would have an odd crying episode every so often when I was tapering off of diazepam.

>>148960
Damn.
>>
Dextrolord - Fri, 05 Jun 2020 21:10:13 EST mmnM7dPE No.149076 Reply
>>148918
bruh idk ur situation exactly but kpins always made me down as fuck the next few days and for the last part of the high. All benzos will make me a little high strung for a couple days after a binge but clons does this way more for me than say diazepam or alprazolam.
>>
Ernest Sanninggold - Sat, 06 Jun 2020 21:19:40 EST AFXs96r0 No.149092 Reply
lol what

I'm fine on my kpins but yeah they won't fix everything for sure, Benz by no means a cure all just great for my panic attacks & over all jumpiness

Are you on any other meds op?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.