Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Am I experiencing benzo withdrawal and tolerance from my alcohol abuse?

- Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:16:30 EST k4NyAJ/i No.149587
File: 1597410990368.png -(225768B / 220.48KB, 1562x680) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Am I experiencing benzo withdrawal and tolerance from my alcohol abuse?
For the first time in my life I became very depressed on July 2020. Mind you that I haven’t abused alcohol this heavily in my entire life but something fierce took over my self-control and I went to town with the drinking. During that time I also took Xanax at odd intervals at various dosages.

Around the 9th in August I noticed that my stomach hurt which caused me to cease drinking. I had a pretty sour stomach for around 2-3 days which kept me up on the 10th. I had a bout of bad insomnia so I took 1mg of Xanax on the 10th to sleep, which indeed helped. The next day on the 11th I tried sleeping around 11:30pm to which I struggled to sleep again. So I took another 1mg of Xanax around 3am. Then in the evening on the same day (12th) I took 300mcg of melatonin (yes, I have micro doses of melatonin) which helped me get a good 9 hours of sleep. Then around the 13th I tried to sleep again without melatonin and again my stomach prevented me from sleeping and I had some bad shits.

As I type this now at 6am Pacific Time I took another 0.5mg of Xanax at 2am but it had no effect on my sleep. After shitting some more my stomach seems to have calmed down once again.

Understand that during the times my stomach hurt I have been eating gluten which I am intolerant to (not a celiac, I just can’t handle it) so I know that might have played a part in the bad shits and indigestion. But I was wondering if my alcohol binge has caused my Xanax tolerance to go up.

Usually I’m able to take 0.5mg (or ¼ of a 2mg bar) and fall right asleep easily! I also worry if maybe the cross tolerance from the alcohol has caused me go into a benzo withdrawal! The only thing I know is that when my stomach feels like shit I can’t sleep, and the days I took the tiny 300mcg microdose of melatonin I slept pretty well (beside some funky dreams that didn’t bother me much.)

Does anyone know if abusing alcohol then taking some Xanax could cause someone to go into benzo withdrawal? And do you know how strong the cross tolerance is between alcohol and Xanax?

I made a chart showing you the exact days I drank and how much Xanax I took. Note that every day I drank I only drank 500ml max of 13% red wine. The Xanax dosages I took are listed above the squares on the days I took them. Some red squares have a light blue square in the middle. Those are they days I took alcohol and Xanax together.
>>
Sophie Cluffingmare - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:24:30 EST zUlBaRKo No.149597 Reply
>>149587
benzo and alcohol wds are very similar, both can be incredibly dangerous. all in all benzos are healthier than alcohol physically but that can open the door to a much worse addiction than was possible with alcohol. basically whatever gaba shit you do make sure to taper off slowly maybe 5-10% at a time
>>
m - Sun, 16 Aug 2020 03:42:22 EST U5YgnJq6 No.149607 Reply
>>149587
It seems pretty simple to me. You eating gluten upset your stomach, upsetting your stomach caused you to cease alcohol usage, which then caused you to experience insomnia due to rebound effects of alcohol (not the same thing as withdrawal), and the alcohol use causing cross-tolerance combined with alcohol cessation has resulted in bad rebound insomnia (that makes insomnia worse than normal, meaning xanax subjectively seems less effective because your insomnia is worse than ever before) that is less effectively treated with benzos than in the past.

You are not physically dependent to either GABAergic substance. Your use has been too short in duration and too low in dose.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.