Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Atavan Prescription

- Sat, 15 Aug 2020 10:53:29 EST t075d1R5 No.149594
File: 1597503209058.jpg -(228231B / 222.88KB, 625x885) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Atavan Prescription
Hey, I have a serious anxiety/panic disorder and I recently got prescribed Lorazepam (generic Ativan) and I don't feel like it works. It's supposed to have immediate effects if used sparingly, and I'm not big on the effects of benzos so I have no temptation to use it recreationally.
I've got a bunch of 1mg pills and I take about one a week on average, that's the rate I have bad days at. But it's never really helped prevent the panic and anxiety I deal with and when i take it I still end up mentally debilitated on those bad days.
I'm asking here because you guys probably know best (I know nothing), so I wonder if something else I do interferes with it. I smoke weed and drink pretty much daily and I did acid about a week before I started taking the lorazepam. My Pharmacist just said I should avoid alcohol after taking it because it could really make me crash, but never said anything about ill effects or anything like that.
Do you guys know what up? Shoudl I ask my doctor to step it up to SSRI's? That idea kind of scares me.
>>
Sophie Cluffingmare - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:20:01 EST zUlBaRKo No.149595 Reply
>>149594
if you're drinking daily and now you're suddenly drinking less and taking benzos id hazard a guess the benzos are just maintaining ur already existing gabaergic dependance. basically ask your doc for stronger meds. ativan is a trash benzo anyway shit never helped when i was having multiple panic attacks weekly
>>
Sophie Cluffingmare - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:21:20 EST zUlBaRKo No.149596 Reply
>>149595
also the panic attacks could well be correlated with alcohol wd symptoms so just be careful you're not trading one drug addiction for another
>>
Cyril Brarringhit - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:50:55 EST t075d1R5 No.149598 Reply
>>149595
I'm not drinking less.. I've never heard the word gabaergic before but I think I'm getting what it means. You're saying alcohol was already doing the job this drug does worse? That would explain a lot.
>>
Cyril Brarringhit - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:53:19 EST t075d1R5 No.149599 Reply
>>149596
I'm here at a fork in the road... I've been drinking regularly for years and I've been recomended these pills. Idk which is the better one, but I know that lorazepam isn't nearly as fun as beer, so I probably won't be so inclined to take it. I don't know. I'm feeling a little lost right now
>>
Sophie Cluffingmare - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 13:27:46 EST zUlBaRKo No.149600 Reply
>>149599
yeah pretty much all gabaergic drugs have some level of cross-tolerance. i'd honestly recommend gabapentin instead of either. if youre in the US even docs in very restrictive parts of the country will probably give you a script if you talk about having anxiety (at least thats been my experience). issue with gabapentinoids is that they *heavily* potentiate alcohol so you need to watch yourself. esp since you're already pretty lost in the sauce it might be safer to transition to a medically mediated benzo habit and have your doc taper you down slowly. i'm not a doctor tho obvs so i'm not exactly sure which is the safest option in your situation.

honestly would like if a /hooch/ier anon could weigh in on this cause im much more into the smaller kind of bars
>>
Cyril Brarringhit - Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:45:36 EST t075d1R5 No.149601 Reply
>>149600
hey thanks for the replis anyway. I never figured myself lost in the sauce but maybe I really am.
>>
Sidney Furringmog - Sun, 16 Aug 2020 00:01:50 EST WkjHyLwQ No.149604 Reply
> honestly would like if a /hooch/ier anon could weigh in on this cause im much more into the smaller kind of bars

It's pretty common alcohol detox to put someone on benzos for a couple of weeks when yanking them off the sauce.

I wouldn't recommend trading booze for benzs w/o supervision. People that go down that route tend to hit the bars hard enough that it becomes a bigger problem. It's better to wean off the booze while supplementing with mj.
>>
m - Sun, 16 Aug 2020 01:57:47 EST U5YgnJq6 No.149605 Reply
>>149594
>>149594
As others have mentioned, it's clearly due to your massive booze tolerance from drinking daily for years. I take benzos roughly around once a week these days, typically 1.5-2mg xanax or a bit larger comparable dose of lorazepam (ativan) of around 4-5mg. Sometimes I'll take 0.5-1mg pharma xanax and 3-3.5mg ativan together.

If I drink even just 2-3 light beers the day or two before taking the benzos, I can notice a slight subjective decrease in the benzos effects. Benzos are kind of useless for proper alcoholics apart from when used for dependency maintenance.

If you do want to get off booze, ask to be detoxed off using valium. Ativan won't work well for that because it's too short duration. If they're not willing to give you valium, ask for librium/oxazepam.
>>
Reuben Snodworth - Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:19:04 EST dsTBb/zC No.149620 Reply
>>149605
ugh fuck librium
librium is chlorodiazpoxide just to clarify for OP, oxazepam might be better thn librium but fuck librium i was in the loony bin for clam/diclaz wds making me crazy and they would just give me the bare minimum amount of librium possible to keep me from completely losing my shit. it just made me feel retarded honestly it was very antipsychotic feeling
>>
Thomas Clondershit - Sat, 22 Aug 2020 03:06:12 EST t075d1R5 No.149688 Reply
>>149604
>>149605
This seems like a contentious part or what I'm saying so here how it is now anyway, I only get fuckedish at night after work, i usually smoke couple bowls and drink 4 tall cans of some strong (9%) local beer every night. This is over a period of like 8 hours from 4 to midnight, and I eat and exercise before I do anything so I never really feel like I'm doing too much, but this has been my habit for about 8 years.
the panic attacks started coming after a bad breakup and I started seeing a therapist and she really made me face some things I wasn't ready to face. I used to drink and smoke a lot more and now I'm trying to figure how to manage it, but its' been years of this and I still have really bad days, which is why i got the Loorazepan prescription.
I might be dependent on alcohol, but I feel like its more of a bandaid than a crutch, if that makes sense. I need to learn how to walk again.
>>
John Mobbersatch - Sun, 23 Aug 2020 15:04:18 EST pF2CUPxj No.149701 Reply
>>149594
Everytime i've taken benzos and drank the same night, I will remember absolutely nothing from that night. just calm down on the booze, the weed should be chilled
>>
Betsy Murdwill - Tue, 01 Sep 2020 03:59:17 EST t075d1R5 No.149796 Reply
>>149603
I drink about 4 9% beers a night, but I eat a lot so I'm not getting drunk, and I'm a late sleeper so that's usually over like 8 hours. I don't feel like it's excessive, but maybe it's affecting the drugs. As far as smoking goes, lately maybe a gram a night over the same time. strong too I guess, i usually buy the 20%+ thc stuff at the store.
More on weekends obviously, so like prob 32 beers and 10 grams of weed per week
>>
Betsy Murdwill - Tue, 01 Sep 2020 04:02:48 EST t075d1R5 No.149797 Reply
>>149605
im not really struggling with alcohol tbh, I'm not really worried about it. I do drink a lot, but I'm not getting drunk and I'm not trying to get fucked up. I know i drink alot though, so I'm just worried if it would affect the effects of the Ativan.
I only drink at night after work/dinner, but the panic attacks can happen any time. I've only recently started using the drugs to fight it, and I feel like it's not working that well.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.