|>> || >>407617 |
I would seek help from a therapist who specializes in trans issues. If you've been content more often than not or if you even still have the desire to be a woman at all, I think and the research would suggest that you are "really" trans, and 60% of people who detransition retransition. Honestly it sounds a bit rough but when I had that kind of thinking early on in HRT when I started to change very visibly, it was kind of easy to frame it as basically "welp for better or worse, i am this thing" and very quickly
Personally, this just sounds like depression fixating on what is obviously the most prominent thing about you that could cause distress by far, but that distress isn't necessarily (and usually isn't) cause to reconsider gender identity entirely. I had bipolar before starting HRT and it obviously doesn't just go away, so especially early on in manic episodes I thought I was the happiest it's possible for a human being to be and in depressive episodes I thought I made a terrible mistake, and while the idea of being a guy still disgusted me, my thought was this is too hard, I should've just stayed in the shadows as a joyless, sexless, junky loser until I died.
In euthymia though, which is the only state you can really made a sound judgement from (and the one I'm in 90% of the time these days, with the other 10% being mostly manic), I am all in all incredibly happy with the choice I made, it was incontrovertibly the right one to make and there's not a shred of doubt, even after just a year I get so happy every single time I catch my reflection and I don't even look that good.
I obviously don't know you and I can't tell you about yourself from a post, but it seems to me like if you've made it this far you might as well keep going. Hang in there, and hey
>"we have same interests same tastes and my benis wants to fuck you but you're not real woman so bye"
at least after SRS you're under no obligation to tell anybody if they do a good job (which, I mean, I trust you did your research there are some amazing results and some total hack jobs out there)
>In fact I'm pretty certain that this is the case with a significan if not majority
100% demonstrably untrue. Please don't pretend to care if you actually don't. If you do, know that what you're doing here causes far, far, far more harm than good. If you aren't a trained, licensed professional, your role is not to play devil's advocate and challenge trans people on their identity. For you it can be just as simple as someone saying "I am this thing" and you saying "Ok you are that thing". Some kinds of help is the help we can do without.
Patients go through an extensive process (usually months and months with a good therapist) of what is called "differentiation" which, as the name would suggest, is a process wherein all possible other potential causes for perceived gender identity issues including mental illnesses, abuse, internalized homophobia and on and on. During which, people can slowly experiment and reflect and meditate on it and generally this is incredibly effective at weeding out people whose condition is only temporary or not the result of having transgender biology. It's not nearly as simple as walking into the doctor, announcing you're a women, and they give you hormones. Some people think it should be, I and a plurality of researchers in the field suggest it should not, because one can absolutely have the desire to transition for reasons other than being trans. It's a very delicate issue though that one has to be trained in so as not to do exactly what you're doing which is to sow even more doubt on top of one of the most complex and confusing processes a person can go through. It's also incredibly rare, as we'll see here:
I won't post all 8 findings of this massive meta-analysis here they're at the top, would like to point out specifically though
>4. Regrets following gender transition are extremely rare and have become even rarer as both surgical techniques and social support have improved. Pooling data from numerous studies demonstrates a regret rate ranging from .3 [POINT. THREE] percent to 3.8 [the high end of statistical noise] percent. Regrets are most likely to result from a lack of social support after transition or poor surgical outcomes using older techniques.
>Below are 51 studies that found that gender transition improves the well-being of transgender people. Click here to jump to 4 studies that contain mixed or null findings on the effect of gender transition on transgender well-being. Click here to jump to 17 studies that consist of literature reviews or guidelines that help advance knowledge about the effect of gender transition on transgender well-being.
You'll notice that there is not a single study of the fif-ty-one there that demonstrates a wholly negative impact on well-being. Further reading:
Comment too long. Click here
to view the full text.