Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

voice training

- Fri, 12 Jul 2019 22:53:16 EST VXOdpzl8 No.406259
File: 1562986396361.jpg -(121576B / 118.73KB, 1200x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. voice training
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0azRCi7iYP1

This is fucking terrible and makes me feel like shit. What the fuck can I do about it? I get "ma'amed" on the phone all the time and I don't fucking understand how.

I'm fucking blackout drunk right now or else I would never dream of posting this and I'm going to seriously regret doing this in the morning but I just want to not sound disgusting.
>>
Shitting Pillerpidge - Thu, 18 Jul 2019 18:11:37 EST zoklygxc No.406279 Reply
>>406259
I get ma’amed on the phone too. Remember that whenever speaking on your phone your voice is never as crystal clear as it would be when talking in person.
>>
Doris Nicklestone - Fri, 26 Jul 2019 20:51:15 EST VXOdpzl8 No.406296 Reply
1564188675048.jpg -(303341B / 296.23KB, 1440x2960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
ok its a start, now if only i can make it not sound like im doing a ridiculous Klaus Nomi falsetto the entire time i talk
>>
Molly Gundlepod - Sun, 11 Aug 2019 14:06:53 EST fRgBxA0y No.406357 Reply
Trans men: Bring your voice down as low as it can go, to the point where it is ridiculous, say a few sentences like that, then slowly bring it up until you get to a point where it feels comfortable and you can imagine talking like that. It might only be a few notes below your normal voice, but actually the average man's voice is only a few notes below the average woman's voice anyway.

Trans women: do the same, only the other way around, bring it up as high as you can, then drop it until it's comfortable, don't ever try to speak in a range that is uncomfortable to you, it won't sound natural.

> don't ever try to speak in a range that is uncomfortable to you, it won't sound natural.

If you can find a trans-friendly speech therapist they will be happy to help you with this
>>
James Dobblelen - Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:40:19 EST VXOdpzl8 No.406376 Reply
1565732419954.jpg -(61912B / 60.46KB, 453x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Been training really seriously at this point for a few weeks, like hours a day, and i'm actually making leaps and bounds really fast at this point. Just about there honestly, I'll post back when I think I really am. Still might see a voice trainer later on to work on the finer points but a fairly passing voice is legitimately with-in my reach pretty soon, which feels amazing. It's already like night and day compared to what I posted.

Been doing larynx stretches probably 5 times a day, around 5 minutes and then just spend hours while I'm alone reading things and vocalizing my thoughts aloud and at this point I'm even starting to think in my real voice, which is a really affirming thing.

Made up this exercise I do before I do the voice part that I feel is really actually helping. Just kind of based it on everything I've read so far about this stuff.

Personally, I find it a lot easier to precisely find and vocalize right on that break between my standard range and falsetto while singing. Maybe at least partly because while I can't carry a tune anymore to save my life, I legitimately do have a clear, fairly pretty, and resonating singing voice.

My thought is that maybe since I can produce a much more steady, pleasant pitch singing, that exercises my vocal chords to speak with the same clarity. I'm finding that I can actually move the break up my register quite a bit when singing and then for a period of time afterwards my speaking voice is noticeable higher, clearer, and prettier. Which I think kind of supports that theory

So recently, I've thrown in an hour or so of singing practice before voice practice where I've been doing different exercises. First and longest one I do is sustaining a single tone at a time until I run out of breath, repeat that a few times focusing on singing in the same exact pitch, and try my hardest to produce the tone in the best possible timbre I can, shooting for a crystal clear, steady, birdsong like resonation.

Then I slowly move this up maybe a half step at a time until I hit the break, which I can move up by going back to the previous pitch and raising it very slowly while I'm singing. After I do the slur a couple times, I can make the jump to that note in a natural voice and at this point I can get 2 or 3 notes higher.

After spending a few minutes going over those notes, I'll sing along with songs that are right at the top of my range like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQP_Q9eGKQg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nAON-MwUPY (lucky for me my favorite two female vocalists are right at that range) for the rest of the session to practice smoother changes in pitch and actually vocalizing words

If there's no advantage to this then fuck it, at least I'm starting to get a lot better at singing and it's actually really fun. It can't be LESS helpful than voice training.

The biggest thing I'm really worried about at this point is my voice is starting to crack a fair bit. The pitch stays in the female range and actually goes up every time, like I'm going through reverse puberty or something. Is this a sign of something serious I should consider, just something like my throat being dry, or maybe it'll stop once I build more muscle and vocal control?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.