Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Helping a friend transition to male

- Sun, 18 Aug 2019 14:09:25 EST xFIxo0/i No.406410
File: 1566151765791.jpg -(88048B / 85.98KB, 499x750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Helping a friend transition to male
Hey /cd/, I've got a friend who wants to transition. Do yall have any advice as to what I can do, cheap resources, anything like that? He wants his transition to be medically supervised, so I can't just hook him up with some of my extra testosterone from TRT, but I was thinking I could buy him a binder or something. I remember a good amount of stuff for transitioning to female from browsing here years ago, but unfortunately I don't really know anything about going the other way.
>>
Fucking Blellerway - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 14:28:14 EST qvvMo5m0 No.406411 Reply
>>406410
binder would be a great first choice. Some wear packers and feel comfortable with them (fake penis') others just leave it entirely. It's obviously a more intimate present, idk if I'd personally be comfortable with someone else choosing my dick (I'm MtF tho so eh), but if he's thinking of getting a packer, you can get specific boxers that hold it in place properly so it doesn't move about, so the boxers would be a better present.

Honestly there's little specific purchaseable things. Just support is going to be the best and the cheapest way to help though!
>>
Oliver Drillychet - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:53:55 EST xFIxo0/i No.406413 Reply
>>406411
Alright cool. I don't know if he's even thought about getting a packer, since he's not really planning to get bottom surgery. Hell, I didn't even know they made those. We've been pretty intimate in the past, so once I get him a binder or two I'll ask if he'd want something like that.

I've been doing my best to support him, but other than providing the resources I can find (like a binder recycling program) and referring to him with the correct pronouns/name I don't really know anything else to do. I guess once I have more money I could help pay for therapy/doctor visits? I'm pretty new to supporting someone pre-transition, most of the people I've known have already done it. If anyone has any advice for how a clueless cis person can help support a trans friend, that'd be great.
>>
David Soffingham - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 16:41:06 EST qvvMo5m0 No.406454 Reply
>>406413
If you're the kinda person that does give him money every now and then disregard this, but seriously he doesn't have to be your financial burden, whether or not you can afford it. I know you wanna help him and show support but it's not necessary to buy him things unless you're already in that kind of friendship. The fact that you're coming to a trans forum and asking questions is great though! You're probably doing a fine job already!
Everyone's different, so it's honestly better to ask him. Like I could suggest generic things like go to a pub/sports game/something typically manly or something he would have avoided before, but if he's not into that hobby then it'd be pointless. In a way, treating him too different might feel a little overbearing at first. Like obviously pronouns and name is important to try to get right, but honestly he already likes you as a friend because of who you are now. Just continue being there, say you're an open ear to any angst or problems he has, continue doing the same dumb shit you always do together and I'm sure everything will be fine

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.