Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

bloodclots

- Mon, 11 Nov 2019 20:32:31 EST DidgHG0G No.406709
File: 1573522351085.jpg -(36699B / 35.84KB, 253x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. bloodclots
they're having me get blood work before i start HRT and i asked why and they said to make sure you don't have an endocrine disorder (which I've had blood work for before for other things, I'm pretty sure I don't) and make sure you don't have a predisposition for blood clots. That got me thinking, one of my grandmothers has deep vein thrombosis, but no one else on either side has had any issues with blood clots until in their 70's or 80's.

How likely is it they're gonna tell me no? they already gave me a script for estradiol injections I'm supposed to fill and bring in with me when I come, so it can't be that high of a possibility, therapist said it's really rare, she's only had one client in her practice where it's been an issue, but now I'm worried
>>
Charlotte Fanspear - Mon, 11 Nov 2019 20:39:49 EST DidgHG0G No.406710 Reply
also I've done a shit ton of stimulants in the past like cocaine and speed, I don't do them anymore, but do you guys think that if i had such a nasty predisposition for blood clots of the genetic markers I probably would've already had a heart attack by now? that's the line of thinking that keeps me from being so anxious about it I relapse, I wish i never asked what for, because there's like a 99.99% chance I'm completely good to go but damn two months of worrying about this in addition to worrying about hair loss and other pretransition things is really gonna suck

if you DO have this shit, can they do anything about it? like put you on blood thinners? what if I just went to a shittier doctor who wasn't thorough? i don't feel comfortable going the DIY route because it's not sustainable and I don't want to be on and off hormones that sounds like a recipe for disaster, but i also don't really care that much about dying because I'd rather do that than keep on going, my backup plan is to just be gay but I don't really want to do that
>>
Caroline Garrynitch - Tue, 12 Nov 2019 21:26:34 EST ipCgvLCQ No.406712 Reply
Best way to avoid DVTs (for anyone) is eating a strictly regimented low sodium high potassium diet of primarily fruits, whole grains, and leafy vegetables.
>>
Cornelius Murdford - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 01:51:10 EST Gr6eN3Pt No.406834 Reply
1577343070601.jpg -(2559072B / 2.44MB, 3024x3512) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Wooooooo!!

I sent over the blood work a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything back so I think that's a good sign. I looked at the orders and there weren't any tests for any genetic markers, just hemaglobin which I'm sure if it was out of whack I'd know by now considering I've been in the hospital or A&E like 12 times this year

now that I have it in my hands it feels like it's a done deal even though my appointment to start isn't until the end of january, i'm doing a physical then so I'm trying to get as healthy as possible

My GAD still gets the best of me sometimes, like I've locked on to the idea that something bad will happen and I won't be able to transition and the more I think about the more it seems certain, because the gut feeling gets stronger, but I keep telling myself there's absolutely nothing physically wrong with me, but that's as far as I know, I've abused my body to a quick end and who knows what drug did what to

The appointment is a month from now exactly and in a week I pick up a refill on my temazapam, so I'm just gonna time travel probably, I got enough to keep me calm

>>406712
My concern was never really getting DVT it was a matter of them letting me do it, but I mean if they say no i'll get a second opinion or go the DIY route, cause fuck looking like a guy i'm over it
>>
Cornelius Goodhall - Sun, 29 Dec 2019 18:55:34 EST LKzeRb2X No.406846 Reply
>>406834
what kept me out of the anxious territory your in when i was waiting was the assurance that even if they told me no, i would just do it anyway

estradiol and spiro aren't hard to get, it's just hard to get your levels right on your own, and dangerous, but still i would do it and just find a new GP and tell them "I'm on HRT could you check my hormone levels please thx" and bam you got monitoring and a doctor that will give you legit refills
>>
Barnaby Collerlock - Wed, 22 Jan 2020 15:27:39 EST VvsVgR4E No.406928 Reply
>>406712

THIS IS WRONG. HIGH POTASIUM ON SPIRO CAN KILL YOU. and SPIRO is a dietetic so it gets rid of sodium
>>
Hugh Crussleson - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 05:53:38 EST 7hJCOOod No.406935 Reply
>>406928
No shit, that's why you adjust for medication prior to formulating any diet. It still doesn't change the fact that a high potassium low sodium diet (and spiro makes this easier, not harder, because it ultimately means you can eat less potassium and more sodium which is more common in the western diet) is the healthiest way to prevent DVTs as recommended by every single health board in the world.
>>
Henry Duckwater - Sun, 02 Feb 2020 23:44:14 EST LKzeRb2X No.406980 Reply
Welp that's a wrap guys, just started. The bloodwork was just to make sure I wasnt literally dying and the physical took like 5 minutes. Idk why i thougt this shit would be like Gattaca

>>406928
Is that why it says to talk to my doctor before using any salt substitutes? Thought that was a weirdly specific black box warning
>>
foxy green - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 13:43:12 EST lWE7sWsd No.406996 Reply
>>406709

The risks of HRT are very low even in long term. The biggest safety issue is smoking. My doc says that if I do any amount of smoking he wouldn't be comfortable with my being on HRT.
>>
foxy green - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 13:48:32 EST lWE7sWsd No.406997 Reply
>>406710

You are indulging in creative paranoia. What makes you think stimulants are related to blood clots. What makes you think heart attacks are related to blood clots. What makes you think that if the three were related, then you definitely would have had this happen by now as a young person?

Also: do you give yourself the injections? I've never heard of that I have a little patch and use 25mg cyproterone acetate (daily pill) as an anti-androgen which has no diuretic effects and is much more potent.
>>
Charlotte Honningville - Sun, 16 Feb 2020 18:00:42 EST LKzeRb2X No.407040 Reply
>>406997
>do you give yourself the injections?

Estradiol yes, spironolactone no that's just daily, 100mg for now, up to 400mg

We don't have cyproterone in the US because it isn't approved for anything over here, even though it's a much better, more well tolerated antiandrogen with fewer side-effects
>>
Charlotte Honningville - Sun, 16 Feb 2020 18:02:06 EST LKzeRb2X No.407041 Reply
>>406996
yeah I'd heard that but my doctor didn't seem that concerned, I think he's kind of of the opinion that I'm still really young and should work on tackling one thing at a time

I'm trying to switch over to vaping but the gubbmint isn't making it any easier

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.