Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Transgender Representation in Video Games

- Tue, 02 Jun 2020 17:42:12 EST sM8N4LHh No.407350
File: 1591134132858.png -(145660B / 142.25KB, 819x942) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Transgender Representation in Video Games
Recently, an infamous title among hardcore gamers- Dwarf Fortress- recently announced its intentions of adding transgender representation to the "Dwarf"s (main controllable characters of the games).

This created a lot of controversy (such as articles like these https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/dwarf-fortress-on-steam-will-feature-trans-dwarves-but-you-cant-talk-about-it-on-the-forums/80873/ ) and distasteful pictures such as the OP. Some people said they were going to create disturbing "murder farms" for transsexuals in game.

What do the people here think about this? Do you think Dwarf Fortress should include transgender dwarves, or do you think it would open our community to more abuse from bigots?
>>
Martin Hallygold - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 19:13:05 EST qvvMo5m0 No.407351 Reply
>>407350
Not gonna lie I don't know the first thing about dwarf fortress, so I don't even know what you do in the game.
But fuck if the dev wants to stick trans people in the game let them. "Gamers" with a capital G have to stop being such sensitive crybabies whenever a woman/black person/trans person appears in a video game.
Abuse will come from a vocal minority but the more that trans people are visible in media of various kinds, the easier it'll be to get accepted.
>>
Shit Saggleridge - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 02:59:31 EST Z5JINnbU No.407355 Reply
>>407350
what is wrong with these people, why is it that every time a trans person appears anywhere they throw a hissy fit
They are usually the ones also complaining about 'censorship' and 'pc culture', ironically
>>
Nathaniel Winningshaw - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 03:56:16 EST esceOkl4 No.407356 Reply
1591170976356.png -(60386B / 58.97KB, 419x613) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
How does a general thread about a game like dwarf fortress become one of if not the worst thread on the board? You would think that the community for a game like this would be enthusiastic enough enough to actually generate some amount of discussion instead of devolving into Youtube comments tier faggotry, oh well anyways go back to 4fags, stop posting your shitty threads here, eat the bullet, etc. etc.
>>
Martha Chengergold - Thu, 04 Jun 2020 10:51:52 EST LUxxkJzH No.407357 Reply
>>407354
Why? The answer is objectively incontrovertibly yes. Why shouldn't they? I really hope they go through with it and the Cyberpunk 2077 people stay true to the tabletop which had LGBT characters from the start. From the looks of it they will. It's really funny when chuds talk about it's a deviation from the tabletop when not only is it not, the lead designer of the original game is on the fucking development team lmao

Easily two of the most reactionary game fan bases (shockingly for Cyberpunk, i guess all the CDPR dick riders that love how white the Witcher is thought it would be like their trad gf simulator and not a franchise inextricably linked to left-wing politics and social justice). It's amazing to see them get so mad about something so innocuous, their skin is so paper thin it's unreal, and at this point they're just ostracizing themselves, the majority of well-adjusted people do not give a shit about this.

And as time goes on and more and more of this representation starts to come in and the alt right computer touchers reeeee their last reeeee it'll be like they never existed. Every kid brought up to day is brought up in a way that these things are just a fact of life, it's absurd to have an opinion on it.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019/01/17/generation-z-looks-a-lot-like-millennials-on-key-social-and-political-issues/

Future looks bright folks 😎
>>
Zozyman - Tue, 21 Jul 2020 03:47:25 EST vTFG/+AO No.407444 Reply
>>407350
While I don't agree with people making "trans kill farms" in any game, it's just a cuntish thing to do, the devs can't and should not control what people DO in a game.

Look at Rimworld, even without mods you can do some pretty fucked up things or roleplay some pretty wack shit, but even if you do something monstorous... it's not on the devs or publishers. Users gunna use.

You can't control every little thing every single person does, what you can do is ignore the cunts or explain to them why they are wrong. IMO at least.

P.S. If a game wants to add in trans people or anything else like such, that's their right to do so. If the community has a go at them for it, that's the communities fault. If those who don't play the game are outraged (or love it) then that's their own problem. They don't engage with it, save to find something they don't like? (or it shows up someplace they do go and it upsets them, I understand that bit).

TL;DR: Game dev would not be doing anything wrong by adding in the option to make trans dwarfs. Their responsibility however would be to ensure it's done right. Not to make a joke of it, but to add it in a legit way, as just an option.

The only time I would ever object to a game (that gives you creative choice over who you play as, such as an RPG) is when setting up a character making you a set gender like "no you MUST play as male or female" rather than "yeah, here you go, here's a choice." Unless it was done for creative reasons of the story. But that's a whole OTHER issue.

Hope I haven't said anything offensive, I'm not super well versed in these things. If I said anything fucked up, please let me know and educate me as to how I can improve. I mean it. <3
>>
Walter Snodson - Wed, 22 Jul 2020 14:15:01 EST LKzeRb2X No.407448 Reply
>>407444
>I don't agree with people making "trans kill farms" in any game, it's just a cuntish thing to do

Yeah, it sucks, and for a second the idea of someone doing that was upsetting, but just for a moment put yourself into the shoes of someone so hallow and pathetic that they're sitting at home wasting hours and hours solely to build a machine to kill imaginary trans dwarves in some obscure video game no one plays because they're so fucking mad at us for being accepted with-in the zeitgeist and their loser computer toucher selves are left by the wayside to wither and die in irrelevance, the world is leaving them and there's nothing they can do about it :)
>>
Phoebe Clunningbury - Sat, 25 Jul 2020 04:47:39 EST uFkXlVhe No.407455 Reply
>>407350
lmao the only reason people could possibly have for getting annoyed at this inclusion is bigotry, toady aims to add nearly every single thing imaginable to dwarf fortress, we can know details like what mood a dwarf is and and what their favourite food is
setting up kill farms for trans dwarfs would be kind of hard too, not saying you can't use the game to abuse dwarves but making some kind of contraption that can distinguish between dwarves on gender identity would basically be impossible, you wouldn't be able to do it right now with sexual orientation so I highly doubt you could do it with trans dwarves

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.