Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Could I go to just a regular plastic surgeon for this?

- Fri, 18 Mar 2022 18:28:17 EST D7X3UUxR No.410982
File: 1647642497910.png -(3427093B / 3.27MB, 1439x1823) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Could I go to just a regular plastic surgeon for this?
I don't think I'm ever going to have the money to pay out of pocket for a big name FFS surgeon and I'm not sure how I'd go about finding insurance that covers it, I can imagine myself saving up at least a few thousand over the next couple years though, so could any plastic surgeon who can do genioplasty for regular women work with this? Or does that still require special experience? That's really the dead-ringer in my mind, or at least the thing I'm most personally dissatisfied with, I mean the nose, jaw and brow are also not necessarily ideal but the chin just seems untenable, and I'm coming up on 2 and a half years at this point so I'm not sure I hold out much hope of it getting better, that's another thing that's odd, I'm markedly less satisfied with my appearance now than I was a year ago, I feel almost like I'm going backwards, I don't know if I was wrong then or am wrong now, but I miss it. maybe if I gain weight, on the one hand I'd be fatter but on the other maybe that would help

anyway I'm trailing off anyone with more minor things have experience just getting plastic surgery without the whole deal? I figure genioplasty now, maybe rhinoplasty a little later on, I dont really give a shit about anything else if I'm being honest, maybe as I age something else will come up that I want to do something about

Also do you usually have to have all the money up front or do they do payment plans or something like that
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Nathaniel Budgehan - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:44:15 EST D7X3UUxR No.410984 Reply
>>410983
fucken got my ass damn
>>
Nathaniel Budgehan - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 23:34:23 EST D7X3UUxR No.410985 Reply
1647660863107.png -(3163646B / 3.02MB, 1440x1786) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
These are particularly unflattering pictures, I do get by believe it or not, I'm just wondering how I have so far, I'm sure I'll snap out of it eventually, you gotta play with the hand you were dealt in life, it's not the worst thing a person can be I guess
>>
Molly Benningkitch - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:18:33 EST cofq1zD6 No.410993 Reply
>>410982
> I'm markedly less satisfied with my appearance now than I was a year ago, I feel almost like I'm going backwards, I don't know if I was wrong then or am wrong now, but I miss it. maybe if I gain weight

I think it happens. There is happiness at the end of the tunnel though.

I don't think FFS surgeons charge more than regular surgeons. Just probably less experienced with insurance idk.

I know Washington state will require it to be covered - have you looked at policies? I think googling like "blue cross blue shield ffs coverage" will help - maybe look at your insurance? You can also ask surgeons if you're in-network.
>>
Beatrice Cammerfene - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 20:01:18 EST DuliZKNX No.410996 Reply
For feminizing surgeries I've only known people who have gone to trans experienced surgeons but I don't think FFS surgeons charge more necessarily, only the big name ones, and if you just want something like a rhinoplasty done it probably doesn't matter. FFS surgeons are more likely to have experience working with trans bodies and trans aesthetics because like my FFS surgeon told me and others I know, FFS is not always necessarily about "beautifying" but feminizing. You can look female without making something look "hot" if that kind of thing doesn't fit your facial aesthetic.

Anyway, I would say do some consults if you can. Talking to the surgeon and hearing their ideas for where they would take your facial aesthetic is important.
>>
Shitting Chinderhood - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:21:51 EST +Fqavqdv No.411082 Reply
1649899311974.jpg -(931681B / 909.84KB, 2880x2426) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Meh I don't really care what I am, everyone treats me the way I want to be treated, I've not been unintentionally misgendered for a while

I hate how much it varies depending on angle and lighting, and it's odd in thumbnails/from far away I look much much much worse, people walking next to me on the sidewalk dont bat an eye, people across the street walking the other way do a double take once in a while, it's very tricky to find a pic that looks good in a pfp size and resolution

Whatever I am I don't think I look bad, I'm on a bender in the ones I posted, I mean I'm a little wired in this one too but much less so and I'm taking better care of myself, sleeping now and then you know, bothered to do makeup, etc

My presentation gives off the vibe I want it to and that's all that matters, I don't really care I'm not going to die on the I'm a woman hill, I think for most intents and purposes it makes sense to consider me to be a woman, I'm just definitely not a man and absolutely no one treats me like one, society is just clearly cut out for two different groups of people and I feel more at home with women, and they don't feel uneasy or threatened by me I'm not that bad, people in my generation are used to people like me, I'm young and soft and sweet no one is threatened by me which was my biggest insecurity looking the way I used to, I like the way I look and feel compelled to act and the people around me generally speaking buy it, what else can I ask for? It's a new age and I literally embody it, I'm well liked, viewed as interesting, I've never been this ok with being a trans woman, I'm hitting the point I wanted to where I know people can tell but I'm attractive for what I am, to fans of the genre I mean, and men treat me in general either with interest or the way they treat women they like but have no interest in fucking, no guys treat me as coldly/awkwardly as some do flamboyant gay men, conservative people still think /men/ shouldn't act that way but the ones around me are more or less OK with me acting that way they'd just never admit they're attracted to me, they still refer to me with terms of endearment, they would never in a million years do that with a guy who's just a cute femboy, I must be doing something right

>>411061
I mean that's not been a concern for me for a while now, I have a bf I've been with for like a year so far but finding a partner no matter what your gender or orientation isn't that hard anymore
>>
Graham Pittbanks - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 12:09:31 EST zH9VWM1I No.411083 Reply
Yeah I think you'd benefit from a brow reduction, probably chin too.
>>
Graham Gillerdick - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 00:20:25 EST D7X3UUxR No.411084 Reply
>>411083
probably right, i always thought it was the lowest third that really did me in though, i was thinking definitely chin and jaw, probably brow and nose, but anyway i'm at least not of the opinion that I can't really live until I get it fixed though anymore, I'm not going to waste another second waiting in stasis, because by the time I actually get both FFS and SRS and say oh THEN I'll go out and live I'll be on my way down and out anyway, probably coming up on my 30's jesus, I have precious few years of youth left and in the time and place I live it doesn't make much sense to waste them worrying about this practical non-issue

how you actually exist in the world and what you look like in a still shot can be pretty different, especially you know if you take the still shot from a weird angle wearing no makeup after being up for a couple days, this one >>411082 i don't even really mind, I'm OK with the results I can get just doing contouring and everything for now, contouring actually works pretty well to minimize the shadows caused by the stronger bone structure underneath, but those benefits don't come across as well in photos

I will prioritize FFS over SRS though, maybe I'm wrong but I would imagine it's cheaper anyway, it's what 10-20k? I can save that up in a couple years if I grind and live lean, I think I remember hearing they do everything at once but I wonder if I could get it parted out into multiple cheaper procedures and at least get something fixed sooner rather than later

I wish I could just get a brand new impression of what I looked like though, I mean see myself as someone I'd never met before, I would've thought dissociatives especially since I've heard more than one trans person give the advice to not look in the mirror on ketamine, but I've done so and I just look better so that can't be right, I must still be recognizing it's me and my minds being even more charitable filling in the blanks

It does kind of confuse our brains recognition system, it's like two parallel sets of features, I'm good at picking out either or I can stare in the mirror and actively make myself look better or worse in real time, but I've found no way to give myself that first split second impression I give to see which side of the fence I fall on or if I'm a bonafide freak right in the dead center, I guess that varies from person to person though, perception of people in particular perception of faces is an incredibly complex process in the brain, it's just like I guess I still have a bit of internalized transphobia, there are binary trans people I can tell are trans but still "feel" like the gender they're presenting as, others I have to remind myself, I'd imagine it's possible to merge the two camps in your mind, but as it is, for some people the higher parts of my brain are telling the lower part that oh yeah I'm of the opinion that this person is a man/woman and overriding the initial subconscious impression I got, and over time I start seeing them more as a member of the gender they identify as I start to only pick out the features congruent with their gender identity, what's unnerving is that I look in the mirror and see a woman and I don't know how much of that is because of the physical changes and how much of that is because I accept myself as a woman and do that process of overriding on my impression of myself, I've only just now started to wrap up transitioning at basically at 2 years and a couple months, realistically I can expect some minor improvements over the next year and a half or so probably but this is pretty much it, but like I said I don't even know how important the whole I'm a woman thing is, it's more that I just kind of act the way I feel compelled to act, and I identify more with the experiences of woman than men, but to say flat out "I am a woman" it's like well I guess but it's not that important to me, it feels really wrong to be called a masculine name or referred to with pronouns other than she/her, when I put the least thought into it and when I live as purely as possible I act in a way that's incorrigibly feminine and I have since I was a kid, but again I really don't care if someone wants to call it a different thing as long as they refer to me the right way, you know like transwoman no space, as long as you treat and refer to that group as women fine
>>
Rebecca Goodwell - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 00:20:45 EST C7Q3i7qH No.411090 Reply
>>411084
>I will prioritize FFS over SRS though, maybe I'm wrong but I would imagine it's cheaper anyway, it's what 10-20k? I can save that up in a couple years if I grind and live lean, I think I remember hearing they do everything at once but I wonder if I could get it parted out into multiple cheaper procedures and at least get something fixed sooner rather than later

Depends on how much you have done. I think where I went for FFS the brow and chin/jaw combined would've cost around that number, though you also have to add hospital fees. FFS is more expensive than SRS on average. My FFS (brow, chin/jaw, rhinoplasty and tracheal shave which I do not recommend) was around 35k euros while SRS was only 18k USD.

>like I said I don't even know how important the whole I'm a woman thing is, it's more that I just kind of act the way I feel compelled to act, and I identify more with the experiences of woman than men, but to say flat out "I am a woman" it's like well I guess but it's not that important to me, it feels really wrong to be called a masculine name or referred to with pronouns other than she/her, when I put the least thought into it and when I live as purely as possible I act in a way that's incorrigibly feminine and I have since I was a kid, but again I really don't care if someone wants to call it a different thing as long as they refer to me the right way, you know like transwoman no space, as long as you treat and refer to that group as women fine

No offense but this kind of comes across as self-h8. Like you're compromising with yourself.
>>
Fucking Brendlehick - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:06:19 EST tNlXxtT/ No.411091 Reply
>>411090
I think it's more that I'm just accepting there are a group of people who aren't gonna accept me as what I actually am no matter what I do or what I look like and it's a compromise with them, considering I have to figure out how to get along in the world and I can't just cut out/ignore every person who doesn't think I'm a woman it's just part of life, but even those people I find will accept it under the premise that were a different group of people you also refer to with she/her, that at least gets me referred to the right way, that and the social pressure of everyone else doing it, even though it might be readily apparent what I am, you would still have to make a deliberate effort to misgender me and even people who really want to aren't usually willing to put themselves out there like that for what they believe because they're cowards

I think I just don't take a good picture though, I'm not finding it as hard to navigate life as I would imagine I would if I came off all the time the way I do in those first ones, people seem pretty comfortable calling me a woman at this point, and I can remember what it's like when people aren't, it's a distinct change and it's already done happened, plus I'm honestly not even a full 2 1/2 years in, I'll wait to see exactly where the chips fall but I might honestly wait till I'm in my early 30's, I got what I wanted in life without it so far, so it'll be pretty much just for my sake when I eventually do get it
>>
Cyril Granddock - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 15:38:45 EST zH9VWM1I No.411092 Reply
>>411090
>No offense but this kind of comes across as self-h8. Like you're compromising with yourself.
Sort of inclined to agree, even with the justifications provided.

>>411091
How often do you get clocked if at all these days? Sounds like you're doing fine. And yeah 2.5 years isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

With regards to surgery, is insurance not an option? Is it something you actually want or is it something that just feels like an obligation? Just asking for clarification/clear answers.
>>
Nicholas Dallylag - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:12:05 EST 7mBflg54 No.411093 Reply
>>411092
Clocked? Iunno, I'm pretty out, but strangers don't really respond to me with apprehension or curiosity the way they used to, I get a different, brighter reaction if any at all, as if I'm at least pleasant to be around, but most people ignore me which I'm pretty pleased with, so it's a none to extremely positive response, I don't get any bro or buddy or anything like that anymore, which you know like I said in the other post that's pretty much mission accomplished even if some people still do look at me different, I was worried because I have a very public facing job and work with a lot different people and I was worried about when masks went away but that changed literally nothing, if anything people are nicer to me, so I guess I'm good, and OK with what I am in a way I really haven't been before, I think it's more of a cool incidental fact about me not something I'm running away from anymore, because it doesn't change how I exist, I'm perfectly integrated as a woman whether people like it or not and that's what really matters
>>
Betsy Hillychit - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 09:36:06 EST 66wwpZvG No.411094 Reply
>>411092
And to add to that and answer your other question, it's definitely something I would want if it was easily accessible just because there are a few features I'm mildly dissatisfied with but the drive here was mostly paranoia that until I get it there's the potential that I've been missing something or days where I fuck up makeup or some other aspect of presentation like I did in the first one that it'll be like night and day and all of us sudden all the people who have been really nice to me so far would flip and be disgusted with me, but that's not a reasonable suspicion given how little attention people pay to other peoples faces after they've met them, but I work at a facility that has one of those panoptic front desks and a bunch of people who can sit out in the day room and stare at us all day which quite a few guys do, some of whom are pretty rough and I don't think fuck with it as a concept, but I don't know exactly the reaction such a guy would have to picking up on it instead of immediately recognizing it, just that you know in the very recent past at least it was something that got us assaulted or even killed, but I live in a bigger city and I see people who are LGBT everywhere, so I think people here are starting to get used to it even though it's still a city in a deep red state, I also work with a population that tends to be intensely apolitical and have much bigger fish to fry than worrying about if one of the ladies behind the front desk has a dick, I don't think it occurs to a lot of them that it's a thing that can even happen, they know trans women exist but envision us all as drag queens or the late transitioners in all those mean viral videos and memes
>>
Caroline Pummerleg - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 18:33:56 EST zH9VWM1I No.411095 Reply
Also OP why do you keep getting banned? Do you know or is it just Dr Worm being himself again?
>>
Clara Lightford - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:19:07 EST ReyeOsuk No.411096 Reply
>>411095
I got banned for a political shitpost in a thread on /stim/, which you know fair enough not the site for that, it was odd, Dr Worm would've prolly let it slide since he would probably agree with it and that's how he mods

It was 2 weeks to permanent those usually go away on their own, if it doesn't oh well

Watch I get got for ban evasion saying this and I have to either reset my router again or turn airplane mode on my phone on and off again
>>
Cornelius Cebberfield - Fri, 20 May 2022 00:28:02 EST 9y3TLFDk No.411180 Reply
1653020882522.jpg -(5524715B / 5.27MB, 2880x3399) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>411092
>>411094
This'll probably do honestly, I can exist pretty comfortably as this I think, probably as I get older the underlying bone structure will become more prominent and I'll want it then, but definitely after SRS, it's just a lot of work to keep up, electrolysis will make it quite a bit easier though, and I can start that relatively soon, and then I won't be paranoid about having missed something or my makeup wearing off
>>
Phyllis Sopperworth - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:32:59 EST u+P2u1j7 No.411202 Reply
>>411200
That was the conclusion I came to here wasn't it >>411180 It's at least not too masculine to survive, like I live comfortably where im at, just recently actually was the first time I've been misgendered in a really long while now and it was obviously intentional, if she even meant to address me at all, it was in the checkout line at a gas station and she looked kind of in between me and the guy who was ahead of me in line walking out and said "is this your drink sir", I thought she was talking to me but when I heard sir I instinctively stopped listening and it took me a while to even process that she could have been referring to me, because I'm so not used to people doing it anymore, I don't necessarily care that people know or don't know I'm trans, I care about doing whatever it is it takes to convince the deeper parts of peoples brains that I am what I say I am, and from my experiences thus far in life I can tell that I do for most people, I can (sometimes) tell when people pick up on it after not having initially gathered it because a small number of people will deliberately change up the way they act towards you dramatically but most people don't care enough to even if they do know, they'll just continue treating you based on that initial impression, as far as getting along in the world goes I'm starting to blend into the crowd and that's what matters to me

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.