Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 20)
Any way to extract mitragynine from kratom? by Reuben Pandermedge - Tue, 13 Nov 2018 17:24:30 EST ID:pv6fN59z No.79275 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1542147870232.png -(3583B / 3.50KB, 269x187) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 3583
First off I'm not a complete noob asking if adding hydrogen peroxide to kratom leaf makes 7-hydroxymitragynine.

I'm basically just wondering if it's even possible to extract 90%+ pure mitragynine from kratom. Would such a thing be possible without chromatography? Simple A/B then chloroform and then maybe specific solvents/PH?
>>
poopresstitution - Wed, 14 Nov 2018 04:17:45 EST ID:ExXXwvaB No.79277 Ignore Report Quick Reply
hello nodson

you already read a few papers on this matter? i remember the procedure being roughly what you outlined. i suspect the main problem at first would be to set up a test series in suitable sizes since it would take a lot of plant material

i reckon you wont be able to get around TLC to check for qualitative purity but it shouldnt be considered a hassle since otherwise youd be flying blind more or less. any other non instrumental analysis either qualitative or quantitative is going to require much more material and a lot of references and i doubt people bother to post melting points.
nvm the first result on my search engine is a nice paper by the malaysian journal of analytics. the second result is somebody telling me how get and stay hard. journals from less developed nations are awesome, not only for the subtle grammatical errors but also since they tend to use less complex methods
http://www.ukm.my/mjas/v15_n1/Goh.pdf
the swg drugs monograph is fucking useless unless you can get access to a GCMS
>>
Emma Brookfield - Mon, 19 Nov 2018 21:21:53 EST ID:pv6fN59z No.79278 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79277

After some research I've discovered DIY coloumn chromatography is fairly easy. Just a column (cheap on ebay), silica, sand, cotton, and solvent/buffer medium. Pretty easy and has pretty much identical results of flash chromatography except it's much slower, which I'm fine with.

An easy tek would be to soak powdered dry kratom with ammonia to basify and then let it evaporate. Then add chloroform and extract. Evap to get dry powder. Use coloumn chromatography. Recrystalize in hot methanol with picric acid. Filter. Add to chloroform and basify with ammonia. Add citrate and filter. Evap and you got 95-98% pure mitragynine citrate.
>>
Emma Brookfield - Tue, 20 Nov 2018 14:40:56 EST ID:pv6fN59z No.79279 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79278

To simply it, it's as simple as soaking kratom in a small amount of ammonia, passively evaporating it, adding hexane and heating, filter, add to coloumn and seperate fractions, evaporate mitragynine fraction and weigh, add mitragynine freebase to acidic methanol (equal mol of HCL or citric acid), mix, and evap. Boom, 95% pure mitragynine HCL/citrate.
>>
David Nickleman - Tue, 20 Nov 2018 22:11:24 EST ID:3wTRifUB No.79281 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79279
Then shoot it up?
>>
press - Wed, 21 Nov 2018 04:37:00 EST ID:bibGzGaZ No.79282 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79279
having a really hard time believing that.

and why would you recrystallize with picric acid?
>>
trypto - Thu, 22 Nov 2018 08:46:00 EST ID:OdR7meD+ No.79283 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79282
> why would you recrystallize with picric acid?
hahahahaha
>>
press - Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:21:11 EST ID:KFcL1XHa No.79284 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79283

would make sense to me if it was to measure the melting point but i see no mention of that and its not even at the last step
>>
Henry Pommermine - Sun, 02 Dec 2018 21:30:57 EST ID:pv6fN59z No.79291 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79282

I was gonna reply a week ago but it got deleted so I never did.

Picric acid is unnecessary, it's just for recrystalization which isn't necessary for my purposes.

I'd just evap the mitragynine hexane fraction to get freebase mitragynine or salt it with citric acid.
>>
Sophie Grandman - Sun, 03 Mar 2019 20:11:33 EST ID:LEIFpGAY No.79314 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79283
LOL, yeah the active compounds are way more bioavailable as their picrate salts!

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.