Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated March 20)
past time travel by Jenny Tillingford - Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:10:58 EST ID:GtE/9ebI No.79290 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1543608658580.jpg -(344271B / 336.20KB, 1024x683) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 344271
What kind of time traveling technology are we going to have in the future?

200 years ago the best way to view past events was through art, paintings, drawings, or written text.

In the present we all have smartphones that can record audio/video at any given moment giving us an exact copy of the present for viewing in the future. There is also youtube and other major databases of video/audio from the past that is an exact copy of reality at that given time and setting in the video.

What is coming in the future? Is it 10s of thousands of years from now, hundreds? We're clearly going to have something that is just as much of a mind blowing leap as paintings -> recorded video. Are we finally going to be able to communicate and interact with the past in real time?
>>
trypto - Wed, 05 Dec 2018 22:52:26 EST ID:OdR7meD+ No.79293 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79290
There's always the possibility that a portal-type time machine will be invented. That's a time machine that allows you to travel back to the time that the machine was turned on. I think that's such an interesting possibility.

The movie Primer is about this type of machine, and I think it's the best time travel movie.

Maybe that's too far away, though.

>In the present we all have smartphones that can record audio/video at any given moment giving us an exact copy of the present for viewing in the future.
Maybe in the near-future (within a hundred years), we'll have recordings of our inner-dialogue.
>>
Nicholas Honkinham - Thu, 06 Dec 2018 19:00:13 EST ID:dl9lAnzN No.79295 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79293
I don't think a time machine as popular conceived would ever be possible, because of certain implications of Everett-interpretation quantum theory. (But I also think that's why the 'grandfather paradox', even Hawking's radiation version of it, aren't the actual reason time travel is impossible; besides, since when did the universe prevent something just because it would have a destructive consequence? There must be another reason.)

So, you go back in time, to an earlier evolution of spacetime that you previously passed through (nvm how you got there.) The picosecond you arrive, your presence will alter the evolution of dynamical systems on a quantum level, which will propagate to the macro level. Like, just the very first atom of your probe or whatever would cause one photon to veer off in a different direction; that's all it would take for you to suddenly be 'off-course' for the world-line you originally left. But it's not like you wouldn't be in a real world that would still continue to evolve from that point in time under natural laws, but nothing you did would ever affect the wordline you came from, just the evolution of the new universe you had arrived in, because you diverged from that reality the second one single fundamental particle began to evolve in a different way

(i.e. the world where you didn't appear back in time -- say, like our world, where no one showed up to Hawking's time traveler party -- is, from an information theoretic perspective, exactly like the world where some future humans do discover time travel and ultimately travel to that time period, but we will never get to that world; those time travelers just left their home universe, to seemingly disappear and be lost forever, those who sent them out wondering why their history books don't miraculously change, while those who receive them at the party wonder how the time travelers, who are now just a normal part of their universe, can continue to exist, since their arrival should surely disrupt the chain of events that leads to their creation? But in reality, they are just hopping between quantum realities, which are eternally separated from one another by whatever force it is that causes the many-worlding of realities.)

Essentially, if the many worlds interpretation is true, the fact that different outcomes of quantum events segregates worldlines from one another means you can never travel to a different time, only to a different reality, even in principle, regardless of whatever exotic means you might propose to actually accomplish the thing.

And, anyway, I don't think that's what OP is really asking, OP is asking about technologies to experience the past without actually going there. So to OP; 100 years from now future tech prediction, full brain immersive simulated environments where individual aspects of brain function can be enhanced or suppressed by program; so boot up life as a medieval peasant and actually become as dumb as a medieval peasant while you're 'playing.'
>>
Jack Blepperlure - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 18:26:57 EST ID:X7AWx7pQ No.79304 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I am legally obligated to talk about my year of origin in the vaguest terms possible:

>time travel gets great
>a little TOO great
>this complicated things

Some travelers from the future relative to mine are warning about something termed the Chrononihilation and are only allowed even vaguer terms. Goddamn this timeline is getting crowded and annoying.

If I were you guys I’d move to Malaysia FAST
>>
Jack Wallerfog - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 05:34:50 EST ID:RVtEPlUX No.79322 Ignore Report Quick Reply
recently i read interesting aticle about time traveling
>>
Nicholas Goodlock - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:51:41 EST ID:dl9lAnzN No.79323 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>79304
Hm maybe this isn't your sci-fi blog?
>>If I were you guys I’d move to Malaysia FAST
What plebian timeline are you from? My crystal ball says dragons will eat all nations except Lichenstein. Howboudah?

^ YOUR AD COULD BE HERE! ADVERTISE ON 420CHAN FOR ONLY $100 A MONTH! ^
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.