Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

LED burn or not

- Thu, 26 Jul 2018 12:51:31 EST 5R5q7BKE No.146185
File: 1532623891347.jpg -(162990B / 159.17KB, 900x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. LED burn or not
I think I might have killed my plant with too much LED.

Had a plant growing under 7 5.5W bulbs and one 50W (All actual draw) at ~40cm height (15 inch)
It was doing fine, not great but good enough.
Then I got two more 50W leds and placed them on at the same heigh.
At which poing my plant basically stoped growing completly and the leaves started slowly turning yellow. I though it was because I overwatered it twice in a row(got almost 50% run off both times) and that's what caused leaves to yellow and stunt growth.
Then I planted new seed. it sprouted grew first two real leafs then they raised almost vertically and then they slowly started getting yellow too, like on the previous plant and it didnt grew one bit for about 5 days now. I did place it at about 60cm (23inch) heigh on the 2nd day or so but it didn't help

The space is 60cm by 60cm so about 0.36 m2 (3.87 square feet), medium is coco.

So, is it LED burn after all? Or some other combination of things?
If it's LED should I take out some LED's or put them higher?

pic is not mine but looks similarly, although mine were more yellow than brown.
>>
Matilda Sirrylock - Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:29:01 EST ol/Sob4l No.146186 Reply
LED burn the tops
if the entire plant is turning yellow it is something else
>>
Simon Puvingway - Sat, 28 Jul 2018 05:45:13 EST ePUTzbMD No.146194 Reply
overwatering, plus you're using coco coir wrong, it's not soil.

You water with nutrients EVERY TIME and adjust the pH to 5.8 - 6. If you water coco with plain water you're going to fuck it all up.
>>
Walter Gingernitch - Sat, 28 Jul 2018 09:31:56 EST 5R5q7BKE No.146203 Reply
>>146194
I will try watering mroe properly this itme, will try to look at the condition of the plant and not the soil(which I never done before, but hope I will manage), since it got dry here and top layer gets dry very fast.
Any tips on watering? Like what to look for in plant when it needs water?

Also I do give it nutes every time and ph is 5.8-5.9,
>>
Sophie Tillingbury - Sat, 28 Jul 2018 21:27:56 EST B0kZyQRI No.146204 Reply
If you're overdoing LED light intensity the flower will bleach white, but won't otherwise look harmed. Its kinda neat you should try it sometime. Your problem is something else; heat, overwatering, underwatering, potbound, too much nutes, not enough nutes or it might just be a natural fade.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Phoebe Movingridge - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 09:36:39 EST ePUTzbMD No.146224 Reply
>>146203
Once the roots fill the container, you're supposed to keep it wet. Treat coco as hydroponics and make sure you get runoff every watering. If you let the coco dry it'll start accumulating salts which in turn start to lock off nutrients, fuck up the pH and burn the plant.
>>
Fuck Sinkinfoot - Fri, 03 Aug 2018 22:47:34 EST 5R5q7BKE No.146225 Reply
New development, I meassured temps and it turned out to be at least 35C-40C inside.
it's usually cold as fuck where I live, so I was disregarding temps completly, but there has been a heatwave going on and it didn't help that those new 50W leds were actively cooled by fans.
Did some rearanging and shit and tried adding some cooling elements to the equasion, hoping to knock it down to atleast 29C, will check in the morning
>>
Nell Buvinghood - Sat, 11 Aug 2018 16:15:56 EST +feR4wOL No.146237 Reply
>>146204
Bleaching has nothing to do with intensity and everything to do with missing spectral components. It only happens with those red/blue disco lights.
Full spectrum white LEDs don't have these problems, and they have become more efficient than the narrow spectrum ones in the past years.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.