Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

most basic question possible

- Sun, 12 Aug 2018 21:14:26 EST eEq8QAy8 No.146238
File: 1534122866242.jpg -(99707B / 97.37KB, 861x1170) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. most basic question possible
is there an unwritten rule about spacing when growing cannabis? can plants be too close together? you obviously want them to have enough room to grow to their maximum potential but beyond that, do they need additional space?
>>
Cornelius Begglegold - Sun, 12 Aug 2018 21:58:31 EST HwosKtR0 No.146239 Reply
>>146238
Oh yes. I made this mistake this year with my first outdoor grow, planted my seedlings only 4 feet apart. The result was one plant that grew into a 4x4 and 6 foot tall monster hogging all the sunlight from the remaining plants which suffered from the shading but still tried to grow into the big one. I was able to train the shaded plants to grow outward so that they can get more sun, but they could have done a lot better with some more spacing.

Now indoors is a different story, with a bigger space you find yourself needing a better light source so more space isn't always necessarily better there.
>>
Hannah Blackstone - Sun, 12 Aug 2018 22:23:31 EST eEq8QAy8 No.146240 Reply
1534127011242.jpg -(1285409B / 1.23MB, 2250x3000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>146239
thanks for the response and valuable information. let me know if I have this correct: outdoor growing requires more space to grow a larger plant over a longer period of time, and growing indoors takes less space but plants grow faster due to better light sources?
>>
Cornelius Begglegold - Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:27:35 EST HwosKtR0 No.146251 Reply
>>146240
>outdoor growing requires more space to grow a larger plant over a longer period of time

Thats one way to look at it. You already have the most powerful light source available: the sun. So the more space you give your outdoor plants the more space they have to spread out and grow big without running into each other. I put my plants directly into the ground so there is no moving them, but if your plants are in pots obviously you can move them however they need.

>and growing indoors takes less space but plants grow faster due to better light sources?

I wouldn't say indoor lighting is better. Actually with indoor lighting limited in the amount of space you can use because your light source is smaller. The difference is that indoors you have control over your plants and when you want them to flower, so you can harvest a lot sooner than with outdoors. Whereas outdoors you are at the mercy of mother nature.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.