Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Similar smells

- Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:16:44 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146443
File: 1542619004231.jpg -(2456408B / 2.34MB, 2448x3264) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Similar smells
I've noticed that everything I grow smells of licorice. The buds themselves smell of the strain they'e supposed to and the licorice is undetectable until ground up, but when I grind it up and sniff it up close, I get the same licorice smell regardless of strain, is there any reason for this?

I've always used the same soil and nutrients, I have some triple cheese that smells obscenely like cheese but ground up and sniffed up close it has the same licorice smell. I'm not complaining, just wondering why this is.

NYC diesel related (also had this smell once ground)
>>
Matilda Claydale - Mon, 19 Nov 2018 23:54:35 EST B0kZyQRI No.146447 Reply
odor chemicals are really interesting, understand them and you'll understand whats going on. nice pic, how many other strains have ended up like that? red or black licorice? any particular variety of whatever color licorice you picked? smelly of smellboat seeds has something he calls red vine kush because of the odor
>>
Hugh Drobbernock - Tue, 20 Nov 2018 07:04:59 EST ePUTzbMD No.146451 Reply
It's probably some of your nutrients or something in the soil.

Pictured bud was harvested way too early.
>>
Alice Sobblelock - Tue, 20 Nov 2018 11:04:24 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146454 Reply
Pretty much every strain I've grown has had the smell to some degree. Black.

I know it was harvested early, it was an autoflower I shoved in the tent because I was going to run out so I harvested a bit early to have some smoke while another pant finished instead of spending $100+ on more weed.
>>
Alice Sobblelock - Tue, 20 Nov 2018 14:24:40 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146456 Reply
>>146455

From week 6ish unless its a long finishing strain, mostly grow indica
>>
Lydia Genderdock - Thu, 13 Dec 2018 00:36:50 EST e+Xn10s+ No.146475 Reply
>>146443
its your nutrients temperature light combo.

Cannabanoids are mode through the isopranoid pathway which is very voltile becuase the compounds serve to go into air and attract predators to eat aphids and cool the plant down. These compounds are intentionally unstable and will change vastly with how plants are grown.

Change up your nutes and temps if you want different smells. I have found any weed i grow outside in Minnesota Smells like fucking lemons especially by fort snelling state park

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.