Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Plant abortion

- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 01:59:33 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146721
File: 1560405573284.jpg -(2579834B / 2.46MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Plant abortion
Last year I had a plant hermie on me and grow a couple pollen sacs, some of which hit another plant. I was going to throw it but I figured I'd try something out, so I carefully removed every pistil that had browned early with tweezers, removed the hermie and hoped the other plant finished as normal, which it did.

Last month a DJ short blueberry threw out about 3 bananas, pollinating a cheese plant and itself. I did the brown pistil removal for the cheese which had definitely been hit, and the cheese is absolutely fine, recently finished nice and fat with no signs it was ever pollinated.

Is this legit or am I being retarded, TLDR second time I've just removed pollinated pistils with tweezers and had the plant finish normally instead of growing all small and fucked like a pollinated plant.
>>
Alice Shakeshit - Thu, 13 Jun 2019 02:09:04 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146722 Reply
>>146721

The cheese was at about 4 weeks when I started seeing brown hairs, way too early for it to have been turning that colour naturally.
>>
Emma Pecklefat - Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:13:34 EST uHoIBLKZ No.146742 Reply
>had the plant finish normally instead of growing all small and fucked like a pollinated plant.

will this happen even if just a little bit of the plant is pollinated? I thought it would still grow normally but you'd just get a few seeds where the pollen hit.
>>
Jenny Harrystick - Sun, 23 Jun 2019 07:47:23 EST aWb7Y/oB No.146745 Reply
>>146742

Multiple buds were hit, I've never had a plant hit with pollen finish up anything other than small leafy shit buds until I pulled the pistils
>>
Barnaby Crellywill - Mon, 24 Jun 2019 02:45:10 EST WmMVwVjQ No.146760 Reply
>>146742
It will just grow normally with some seeds, if there is a lot of pollination it dussuades the plant from making new flowers. Pulling the pistils will do nothing once the flower is fertilized, these only transmit the pollen.

Pollination of some flowers does not typically affect the potency or yield of the rest of the plant (unless it was tiny to begin with) I routinely pollinate just one lower branch for breeding purposes, the rest of the flowers remain top notch sinsemilla.
>>
Lillian Billingfield - Sun, 04 Aug 2019 13:16:06 EST R/HpyR3d No.146866 Reply
>>146721
Id honestly say you removing them isnt really doing anything at all to prevent pollination.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.