Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Greenhouse Automation.

- Wed, 24 Jul 2019 15:29:12 EST GnYtPH7N No.146835
File: 1563996552360.jpg -(66155B / 64.60KB, 500x504) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Greenhouse Automation.
Hello! I do a bit of programming (I know how to take other people's code and adapt it to my needs, basically) and I'm thinking of growing in a greenhouse when I buy a house with some land on it.

While I like to garden and know a basic level about it, I want to know if anyone has experience with using automation in a greenhouse?

I just basically want to connect irrigation, misters, fans, heaters etc. to a network of sensors connected to raspberry pis.
>>
Nell Gigglehot - Wed, 07 Aug 2019 17:18:10 EST 8NnaVizo No.146871 Reply
It depends on what you mean by greenhouse.

In a professional settings the use programmable logic controllers which often have ridiculously under-powered CPUs (in comparison to raspberry pis) but are built to a high standard of quality.
They are also ridiculously expensive and use obscure and proprietary programming languages which stems from a time where raspberry pis & arduinos did not exist.
Not that it matters, the companies that run theses systems make billions.

A regular garden greenhouse is just fine without any kind of programmable automation, people have done it but it's a dated approach imho.
Because you have to control mains voltage you have to add a relay hat, get a special case that can be in a water proof enclosure etc.
But If you set your mind to it go for it:
https://hackaday.io/project/165009-smart-greenhouse-using-a-raspberry-pi
(link to github on the lower left.)

Else just get a Sonoff 4ch or similar. (google it)
They have a basic app for the phone which covers the vast majority of cases, if that's not enough you can also program them using the arduino ide.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.