Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

need help finding a grow "technique"

- Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:23:00 EST YcuINHLs No.147009
File: 1571772180793.png -(23294B / 22.75KB, 1152x648) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. need help finding a grow "technique"
hey /crops/

I'm trying to find an old grasscity or similar forum post where a poster documented an indoor grow op using a single light bulb/source. It had set a record for grams per watt, or grams per lumen, or something along those lines. He had three tiers of pvc tubing arranged in an octagonal shape, with each tier flowing into the one below it. So the entire length of pvc was connected together. In the center of this was a single light bulb that all plants were growing towards.

The forum post is very old. I initially found a link to that post 5-6 years ago, and even back then the post was archived and some of the images were missing due to being hosted on an antiquated image hosting site like imageshack. I spent too long trying to find that post on my own and so now I have to ask for help. Obviously I know the basics of the technique, but I still want to find and re-read that post.

Thanks in advance if you're able to locate it for me.
>>
D'Anus Williams - Wed, 23 Oct 2019 17:12:34 EST YcuINHLs No.147015 Reply
>>147012
thank you so much. I hope the universe rewards you for your kindness.
>>
Fanny Crudgeford - Thu, 24 Oct 2019 03:48:23 EST JFvFIN2R No.147016 Reply
>>147009
Single light source set ups are really great. It's amazing what one light bulb can do you see all the plants growing and look back at the light bulb and just experience complete stunning internal experiences of what a simple thing can do in the world. lol A lot of single bulb set ups can be put together with minimal outside protections, in actuality. You don't need to protect them, don't bother. Well, it really depends on each set up but in many available set ups there's little to do for protection. In cases of wanting to live economically conservatively, these arrangements are a god send. lol
>>
Shitting Summerfeck - Thu, 24 Oct 2019 18:35:40 EST 8NnaVizo No.147018 Reply
>>147015
You're welcome.
Are you planning to build something like it?

Keep in mind that there are commercial systems like that, most notably the
Coliseum Grow System.
>>
D'Anus Williams - Thu, 24 Oct 2019 20:32:50 EST YcuINHLs No.147019 Reply
>>147018
I'm playing with the idea of converting an old grain silo into a growing area. Farms in my state have been shutting down at an increasing rate. I know a lot of farmers who are interested in industrial hemp, but outdoor crop farming has been extremely shitty with the wild swings in weather and temperature, so naturally they're hesitant to move forward. If I can make this work then it would hopefully give the remaining farmers an option.
>>
Hannah Sublingman - Fri, 25 Oct 2019 05:27:11 EST kqD/6s4Y No.147020 Reply
>>147019
You want to grow industrial hemp under electric lights ?
>>
D'Anus Williams - Fri, 25 Oct 2019 07:49:38 EST YcuINHLs No.147021 Reply
>>147020
yes and no. "industrial hemp" only means cannabis with below .3% thc. most "hemp" farmers are growing shitty plants for their fibers or seeds. but there are strains of cannabis which fit this description (.3% thc and under) but look exactly like a regular pot plant, and they are rich in cbd. I would be growing this variety of hemp, and once medical or recreational weed was legal in my state I would transfer over to it. And of course, people could grow things other than hemp/weed - almost anything that can be grown hydroponically could be grown this way

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.