Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Moonijuana

- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:11:16 EST KJLiOpMJ No.147096
File: 1576537876769.jpg -(15480B / 15.12KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Moonijuana
has there ever been an experiment where somebody has grown a cannabis plant from seed to adult to flowering through at least one cycle in microgravity or space?

What kind of strain would we need to develop moonweed? like, I think the siberian strain would be good intuitively but we also have to consider radiation. However, also consider that the moon's equator gets two weeks daylight on and off. We could do constant harvest around the equator of the moon, build the factory remotely, and drop the weed to the Earth in unmanned gliders we fashion from a solar lens and the silicate on the surface.
>>
Charles Bollerhood - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:14:16 EST efK8xsEQ No.147097 Reply
>>147096
The first question you should be asking yourself, is whether or not the moon has fertile soils. That is the sole factor determining the value of this endeavor (which is probably zero)

Also, I saw that episode of trailer park boys too.
>>
Fanny Haffingwill - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:16:48 EST KJLiOpMJ No.147098 Reply
>>147097
No no no we have to engineer the entire greenbox man we're not using moonsoil for grow by itself, we'd necessarily have to send up a microbiome to transform portions of it slowly for our use, but likely have to supplement it with other plants we could grow up there, not to mention fungi
>>
Fanny Cadgecocke - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:49:54 EST efK8xsEQ No.147100 Reply
>>147098
There is actually a surprising number of plant growth experiments documented on the ISS. I don't want to sift through them, but you could try and see if a similar kind of plant has been grown in space and also learn about what physiological effects microgravity has had.

I am mostly concerned about earth, so that's as dep as I am personally willing to go on the subject.
>>
David Geggleville - Sat, 21 Dec 2019 22:15:42 EST Sq+sGMtx No.147107 Reply
>>147096

Check out the volksgarden.

I think weed just doenst care about gravity,
>>
Cyril Pondlespear - Mon, 23 Dec 2019 07:22:21 EST Sq+sGMtx No.147112 Reply
1577103741916.jpg -(93002B / 90.82KB, 448x336) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147100

If you train them a lot you will see they have apical dominance and that different parts of the plant will all grow depending on what is most elevated. Auxin apparently is a growth inhibitor produced in the crown primarily, it tends to work it's way down with gravity so if you just tie the top upside down for a bit you get massive side stem growth without stress.

In zero G you would probably get a plant like the ones in that Volksgarden thing, since in both cases you would not have auxin accumulating anywhere in particular, it would probably just stay near the crown or distribute itself evenly. Either way I would try topping a plant young if I was growing like that to see if it had a positive effect, I really wonder if taking the crown helps as that is supposed to be the main source of auxin in the plant and it is a growth inhibitor hormone, not a grow signal growth hormone.

Auxin also causes calyx formation from what I have read, so you might not be able to clone successfully in zero G.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.