Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

San Pedro Vs. Peruvian Torch

- Sat, 15 Feb 2020 00:43:47 EST sI2I9RxG No.147187
File: 1581745427642.jpg -(4029124B / 3.84MB, 4160x3120) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. San Pedro Vs. Peruvian Torch
Wich cactus is better in regards to working with and mescaline content? Or does it matter?

Should I just go with the first patch I find growing? (I live in a desert climate)

Also how do I tell wich cactus r the good ones?

Help a home chemist out?
>>
Sophie Sennertore - Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:43:07 EST ef1tcmWF No.147188 Reply
Never heard of peruvian torch but I doubt it grows as quick or is as cheap to buy as san pedro. San pedro is great for extractions, but if you just want to eat the cactus itself you're gonna want peyote so you don't have to eat a ton.
>>
Dextrolord - Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:37:23 EST AhM0ZTlC No.147189 Reply
>>147188
I'm not using peyote for a few reasons, its endangered, and I don't want to trespass on any of the reservations and piss off the indians right before a psychedelic trip lol u ever dosed on their land before? It was quite the experience

I'm gonna go with the San Pedro cuz it's whats mentioned in the teks I found
>>
Betsy Clenderbury - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 02:38:11 EST wSjgd1Mz No.147198 Reply
1582270691625.jpg -(4560807B / 4.35MB, 5120x3840) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>147188
"San Pedro" is Trichocereus Pachanoi. Peruvian torch is Trichocereus Peruvianus. There are two of the "big three" columnars the other being Bolivian torch (Trichocereus Bridgesii)

The "quick growing" T. Pach aka PC or PachaNOT is shit for extractions and has very low mescaline content. See: https://troutsnotes.com/pachanot/ Without knowing what you are looking for you can be assured that most San Pedros for sale are PC.

Typical Bridgesii, Pach, and Peruvianus cultivars all grow at about the same rate and have similar mescaline content with Peruvianus being higher on average. However this number varies greatly due to the huge amount of variables that have an impact on the mescaline(and other active alkaloid) production.

Due to the price, slow growth speeds, lack of availability, protected status, legality, conservation, etc it doesn't make sense to choose L. Williamsii over a columnar if you are just brewing a batch. With the right columnars you can come pretty close to the mesc content of L. Williamsii as well.

>>147187
OP this is a very difficult question and depends on a ton of factors. Desert climate doesn't come close to providing enough info to tell you which would be better. Are you able to easily ID T. Peru V. T. Pach V. PC? In the most general sense look for the oldest stand you can find and take old growth not new. If you happen upon some with mutant characteristics like crisate or monstrosus go for one of those. Generally the slower growing the higher the mesc content but again its variable.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.