Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Hit jackpot, yet don't know what to do about it

- Thu, 03 Dec 2020 17:03:59 EST voDuIM3g No.147473
File: 1607033039590.jpg -(353547B / 345.26KB, 797x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Hit jackpot, yet don't know what to do about it
Not sure if this is the right board to ask this, but here I go...

I inscribed in a nation-wide contest (not american nor yuro) for young entrepreneurs without hoping to win, yet I managed to do so.
I now will have access to a free kit of gardening power-tools.
The project I signed for it was for managing a native-flora exclusive vivarium who also offers landscaping services. While I did a short course on the matter and I'm currently studying to become a park ranger, I have no experience on the matter, much less about being self-employed.
Too much, too fast. I want to be happy but I feel overwhelmed and I could use some advice.

There are other problems aswell: I don't have enough space to make a significant plant production. There are a few places I could talk to and acquire space, clients and bussiness partners, but I lack a development plan and I don't know quite what to say to them:

-The city's official vivarium and orchard (not the best place to start at but it's worth a shot).
-The eco-friendly ONG's farm I started volunteering recently at (perhaps I can borrow a small patch of land for them and share the profits of my sales and services?).
-A nearby native-flora vivarium (I believe they don't offer landscaping services. Could I offer them a partnership using my tools? I can also try to talk them about how they got into bussiness and gain some insight.)
-A nearby agrarian college. I can both ask for space and share the profits *and* get some formal knowledge about managing a vivarium.
>>
Alice Honeyhall - Sun, 13 Dec 2020 01:45:55 EST XOn5S12g No.147476 Reply
>>147473
>-A nearby agrarian college. I can both ask for space and share the profits *and* get some formal knowledge about managing a vivarium.

Start here, and start by going to the head of the botany/forestry department. If he says "no", go to each individual forestry professor. You said you're studying to be a park ranger. Don't know how that works in whatever country you're in, but where I'm from, it's a college degree along with botany/forestry/agricultural sciences. The students typically run a few greenhouses and a nursery to raise and sell plants for fundraising; and the college pays an outside company to do the actual landscaping, planting, trimming, etc.

If you're already enrolled in such a college/program, just ask your professor if you can get credits doing your grant thingy from one of his greenhouses.

If the botany professors aren't cool with it, head over to the Business Management department and ask them for help. They might not be able to lend you space, but they surely know how to do this part:
> acquire space, clients and business partners, what to say to them

The other 3 options are great for lead generation. Definitely hit them up, but don't be surprised if they don't want to cooperate, as you're planning to be direct competition with everyone except the city's vivarium.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.