Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Piracetam, choline etc. for reducing/reversing anticholinergic induced retardation

- Sun, 02 Sep 2018 14:43:49 EST rUa5VTmM No.157015
File: 1535913829151.png -(366850B / 358.25KB, 443x382) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Piracetam, choline etc. for reducing/reversing anticholinergic induced retardation
No drug makes my brain feel as "fried" as DPH. In the days after (ab)using it, my memory is shit, I get HPPD, I feel depressed and unmotivated. A study showed a correlation between DPH and dementia in the elderly, but there's been no studies that I'm aware of that followed young abusers of it. I'm worried that I might have fucked up my brain permanently. Firstly, I'm gonna stop using DPH, which is harder than it should be, because for some fucking reason I find it addictive. Secondly, I want to try using choline supplements and the drug piracetam to hopefully reverse the effects. I think the choline is definitely safe and effective, because it is in food and the body naturally, but piracetam I'm a little more skeptical about. Nonetheless I ordered a bottle of both.

I read that piracetam reversed the cognitive impairment caused by scopolamine in rats significantly.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/19472226_Reversal_of_scopolamine-induced_amnesia_and_alterations_in_energy_metabolism_by_the_nootropic_piracetam_implications_regarding_identification_of_brain_structures_involved_in_consolidation_of_memory_tr

It may be useful for dementia patients, but another study says there isn't enough evidence for that.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16007238

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11405971

Anyone here tried racetams and choline supplements? Do they work?
>>
Beast - Sun, 02 Sep 2018 20:07:09 EST /OXDeCuT No.157017 Reply
Eggs have a decent amount of choline in them.

would be VERY curious to know what your results are. How bad is your HPPD?

The only thing I find similar is far as DPH hangovers are concerned is alcohol. It used to not be similar but since I already have HPPD it mirrors the symptoms you described. My visual snow gets worse and starts to spiral/sparkle a bit.

When I've gone on binges of alcohol...it gets much much worse. Almost get in the headspace to a tee.

Definitely best to quit while you're ahead. If THC is a thing in your life that particular substitution is a definite recommend to stave off cravings.

I will say that my HPPD has not lessened at all really despite a decent diet...just from au natural approach. So yeah, lmk how piracetam works.

Only "fungal proclivities" seem to mend the HPPD to a certain degree for me.
>>
Samuel Sucklechut - Sun, 02 Sep 2018 22:18:23 EST rUa5VTmM No.157020 Reply
>>157017
After I did 300/300 DXM/DPH a few months back I had much more HPPD than I do now. I did 200 mg DPH last night and 125 the night before that. Maybe HPPD is not the right word, because it only lasts a little while for me. I just see things (like spots on wood) move around in the corners of my eyes, or see little splotches or flashes pop up and disappear in the corner of my vision. The same thing happens when I'm hungover too and hangovers bring me to a very similar headspace as DPH.

I do blaze it, which is supposed to increase acetylcholine by a little bit anyway, but was found ineffective as dementia medication IIRC.

I will definitely post updates whether or not it helps.
>>
Beast - Mon, 03 Sep 2018 22:44:48 EST /OXDeCuT No.157024 Reply
>>157020
You are saying THC is ineffective for dementia? I can see how it wouldn't exactly help. Seems like it would lead to more delirium but I wonder if it would be easier to "manage" THC induced delirium than dementia on it's own.

Just a thought...definitely keep me posted.
>>
starbrother !CGFwIbbIo6 - Tue, 04 Sep 2018 19:42:12 EST YKQMT/YD No.157028 Reply
taking choline used to help a lot in my dph binge days. I eventually would just mix the straight powder with water and chug it the morning after a trip (it tastes like a weird salty...kind of fishy tangy seasoning of sorts).

Interestingly enough, once I tried taking exactly equal doses of dph and choline at once to see if they would cancel each other out (700 megabytes of each one). After waiting 20 minutes instead of getting dryled like usual, I just got really sleepy and dozed off hard.

At the time I was really mad because I felt like I wasted the evening lol.
>>
Phoebe Trotfield - Sun, 09 Sep 2018 06:25:26 EST 76WjVona No.157046 Reply
>>157015
I haven't done DPH for ~7 years and only did it around 5 times.
My HPPD still hasn't gone away, I'm just more used to it. But the "mental fog" I had during my late adolescence has definitely cleared up.
Don't lose hope, OP. You're cute and I believe in you!
>>
Corpus Crispy - Sat, 15 Sep 2018 16:07:01 EST 1CYFYM2Y No.157081 Reply
>>157015
I can recommend piracetam. Ive abused quite a lot of dph over the years and ordered some piracetam to help the brain fog and it noticeably brought some of that "sharpness" back that was entirely absent with dph.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.