Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Nutmeg similar to cannabis

- Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:45:29 EST s4NuijR0 No.157449
File: 1544651129395.jpg -(33051B / 32.28KB, 512x512) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Nutmeg similar to cannabis
Hey guys, 7 months ago, I took 20g of nutmeg at around 18:00PM and then took a nap until 11:30PM. Holy shit, I was really fucked up. I know many reports on bluelight and erowid speak ill of the nutmeg experience but it was "great" then shit for me

The interesting thing is, the visuals were unexplainable. Not like cartoons but almost nonsensical (e.g Windows screen made out of actual beans...lol) It sounds ridiculous but that's the best way I can explain it.

It matched weed in the sense that everything was heightened. The shit food my mother cooks actually tasted quite good and the jokes on youtube were funny. It was great until....I started experiencing nausea then......I got the WORST panic attack of my life. I started believing that an entity was in my room and would throw me to the bathroom and make me vomit . Sounds completely nonsensical but I actually had to call the ER.

They did some urine tests because they believed I had smoked a ton of weed despite me telling them nutmeg. It came back as positive for marijuana and then the psychiatrist got really mad telling me "Listen young man, I don't have time to waste here". Ended up in an argument and me telling her that I read it was most likely a false positive due to its effect on the endocannabinoid system.

Slept from 12 to 7 AM and then they paid for a cab and then I slept for another 12 hours. Comedown felt like a powerful antipsychotic.

What the hell was that?
>>
Oliver Hanningdin - Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:31:09 EST X6xQ/btT No.157450 Reply
Sounds like a bad time OP.

Coincidentally I just downed 15g of nutmeg myself and I didn't even think of browsing /del/ before I did it.

>7 months ago
So why are you just posting about it now?
>>
Filth - Wed, 20 Feb 2019 21:32:36 EST uFvBqwE2 No.157455 Reply
>>157449
Nutmeg isn't a great high on its own. It's not similar to cannabis. You miss cannabis and want cannabis. Cannabis is safe.

You have to take a lot of nutmeg to actually get high off it unless you're adding something else.
>>
Doris Fenkinfudge - Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:49:51 EST cQcsC2xi No.157552 Reply
1552772991351.jpg -(58369B / 57.00KB, 1113x795) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't care what anyone says but I reckon nutmeg is the best side of weed that I never get. I get the giggles and introspection without the resulting depressive headspin. When people talk about the week-long hangover I call bullshit. I have a decent time on nutmeg. It takes about 6 hours to get to the point where it's fun and that fun only lasts another few hours but it's totally worth it when I'm watching shows. Bottom on nuts is lovely.
>>
Sniegelis - Sun, 17 Mar 2019 15:04:09 EST 3aRhoRg7 No.157556 Reply
>>157455
Actually, the effects of nutmeg are very similair to cannabis, especially in lower and moderate doses. Only in the high and very high dose range do nutmeg's own unique qualities become apparent. While I aggree, that even to get a cannabis-like high, you have to eat a considerable amount of it, which is: 1)inexplicably disgusting, 2)potentially harmful to your body.
While it is proven, that Myristicin (main active compound in nutmeg) is toxic to the liver in high doses, you never know how much of it you're consuming, as the amounts of various compounds in nutmeg differ from batch to batch, store to store, and country to country. Therefore, you're never sure if the amount you've taken will seriously harm you, so one should use it infrequently and don't go overboard with the doses (I once ate ~45g :) ) Cannabis most likely is objectively physically safer.

However if you've experienced nutmeg a couple of times, you know what to expect, which parts of the experience or effects you enjoy the most and how to get the most out of it, nutmeg can be a pretty nice drug, taken and enjoyed on it's own.

I, personally, didn't use to "miss and want" cannabis, when I was on nutmeg. I would already feel stoned just from the nutmeg, and smoking weed wouldn't enhance the high that much. More often, when I would smoke cannabis while on nutmeg (especially on higher doses, 25-30g and up) it would make me more anxious and/or nauseous.

The day that I consumed the aforementioned ridiculous 45g dose, I smoked a joint around the middle of the nutmeg peak (about 10-11h after consumption). The following hour I attempted to fight the nausea, eventually lost and threw up. Everything felt pretty much just like greening out from too much weed in my early smoking phase.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.