Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Experiences with Phantom Cigarettes

- Sun, 22 Sep 2019 10:10:11 EST GJva+RxZ No.158335
File: 1569161411789.jpg -(79481B / 77.62KB, 650x650) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Experiences with Phantom Cigarettes
Hi, I’m not really a deliriant user (meth is more my poison) but I heard about “Phantom Cigarettes” (pic obviously not related, I mean hallucinatory cigs on deliriants) from someone who has used and researched deliriants, and it caught my interest. I’m primarily interested in whether or not it happens to people who don’t smoke habitually or have never smoked, and whether people who vape rather than smoking or habitually smoke other things such as weed, meth, and crack have their own Phantom Smoking experiences, but any information would be appreciated.

I’m interested because nicotine and deliriants like Datura/scopolamine both modulate acetylcholine receptors in the brain (nicotine agonizes nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, scopolamine antagonizes muscarinic acetylcholine receptors, antihistamines like DPH probably do the same thing but indirectly), so it seems like, perhaps, the brain could be conjuring these phantom cigs in an attempt to counteract the anticholinergic effects of the drug it’s being affected by.

There could also be a deeper connection between nicotine’s surprising addictiveness (given that its dopaminergic effects are mediocre at best compared to drugs like meth and cocaine) and the paradoxical addictiveness of deliriants despite their generally scary and potentially-traumatic recreational effects.

I know this is something of a slow board, but any insight or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
>>
Dextrolord - Tue, 24 Sep 2019 23:02:31 EST X/uO5+r1 No.158341 Reply
>>158335
Don't know any science behind it, but I was a regular cig smoker, now I vape, when I used deliriants and never had phantom cigs to my rememberance. Buuttt from people I have talked to it doesn't matter if you smoke or not. I have met smokers and non smokers that have had phantom cigs. Never heard of other phantom smoking tho like from a pipe or bong or anything like that.
>>
Emma Clibblehood - Thu, 26 Sep 2019 07:38:38 EST DExfWSV1 No.158343 Reply
>>158335
I'm a smoker and I used to do DPH almost daily but I never experienced any phantom cugs although I have heard a lot of people talk about them. Deliriant trips are really the hardest thing to predict, if you trip with the intention of smoking a phantom cig you might be able to experience them but it's hard to complete goals on deliriants.
>>
Hedda Blathercocke - Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:45:25 EST SCPNylO9 No.158344 Reply
>>158335
I've had phantom cigarette experiences and maybe i come from a somewhat unique standpoint of having done DPH before I started smoking, before i started smoking i had never had them, since smoking 3 years ago every time i've been on DPH i 've had them

But it makes sense it's a habitual action, I also reply to things that werent said, go to answer my phone when it's not ringing etc

I don't think DPH is addictive what so ever it's purely a morbid curiosity some of us seem to have and go back to unlike cigarettes
>>
Thants !IZgeXR9w82 - Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:07:43 EST ZIHiGWlW No.158345 Reply
>>158335
Once when I was a teenager and tripping on the 700 club i used one of those smarties double (the chalky kind of lolly pop) to snort some pocket lint and it gave me the best cocaine rush i've ever experienced. True story. The brain is an amazing playground.
>>
Priscilla Grandfuck - Mon, 07 Oct 2019 16:21:33 EST vdcVn/i6 No.158378 Reply
1570479693319.jpg -(126911B / 123.94KB, 624x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>158344
I've also had phantom cig experiences, and i started dph when i was 13 and wasn't ahabitual smoker really yet (but i did smoke sometimes) - I can't imagine having it happen if you don't smoke at al. If you vape, smoke weed, etc. habitually then there's prob a good chance it'll happen.

p.s. i mostly agree, except i feel some people here certainly have psychologically gotten "addicted" to dph. for sure. but for most, it's that morbid curiousity.
>>
Henry Blengerderk - Wed, 09 Oct 2019 01:50:04 EST ZaKf4o5j No.158389 Reply
1570600204283.png -(503046B / 491.26KB, 500x738) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Not sure if this is useful info, but I only get phantom cigs when I'm dissed and phasing in and out of sleep, and it always makes me scared I dropped a lot cigarette in my bed. I've never had it when I'm awake and paying attention.
>>
Cedric Cocklewater - Wed, 09 Oct 2019 04:17:03 EST 2+0Od5mk No.158392 Reply
I'm curious to see if any ex-smokers who delve still get the phantom cigs, and if people who just don't smoke have something similar.

I'm going to bet that anyone who's still willing to down 20+ Benadryl at a time is a likely smoker though.
>>
Thomas Bunderwadging - Wed, 09 Oct 2019 08:30:16 EST gZKOpiGw No.158393 Reply
1570624216209.jpg -(199041B / 194.38KB, 346x615) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>158392
I could go psychosis with dxm+dph, and I took as high as 1.9 gram dph before with an empty stomach. But I don't remember ever hallucinated besides the general surface visuals.
>>
Rebecca Pittman - Wed, 09 Oct 2019 15:02:23 EST NGpOjpdw No.158395 Reply
I smoke mainly rolled cigarettes and had phantom cigarette experiences a few times while delirious; the phantom ones were similar to my habitual physical ones.
One time I tried smoking an industrial cigarette but it was hard to get any smoke out of it. It was also abnormally heavy and had a strange texture. Took me a long time to realize it was actually a pen.
>>
Hugh Saffingman - Tue, 15 Oct 2019 07:16:23 EST 517FV4xZ No.158419 Reply
>>158392

i very much doubt that a non-smoked would get the phantom cigs. i think a person who smokes at least occasionally, has that preexisting little ritual of going out for a smoke, when DPH sends you into thought loops, this ritual can be brought to reality in the eye of the mind

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.